Get GN'R to #1 in the charts - anyone intrested?

Blusky Grenfield

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

no, clearly anyone who was smart enough to actually appreciate chinese democracy was also biased enough to not even consider it. that's why it's SO IMPORTANT that we do this thing and get a chinese democracy song to number one. if something's popular, then all the dummb sheep people will like it!!!! so all we have to do is get this baby on the charts.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

HisRoyalSweetness, word of advise, try to make your cupcake efforts a little more subtle. Your attempt at satire regarding Axl fans is poorly.

People like Scott Mills are too dummb to appreciate anything on Chinese Democracy.

You've struck gold here! No one else could make sense of why CD was so poorly received. It must be that everyone who didn't like it was "dummb."

Murphy's law, and I'm posting off a Blackberry, cut me some slack. If you think someone like Scott Mills, OMG Nicki Minaj, considered Chinese Democracy objectively you are mistaken. And the possiblity he'd lend his support to an unorthodox rock album, not even worth consideration.

I have no idea who Scott Mills is. Not gonna bother to google it.

One does not evaluate art objectively. You really should understand that.

Unorthodox? Is that what we're calling trash these days?

Believe it or not few months back I tried making our local radio station here to start playing a song from ChiDem by sending a message on their FB and I never got a reply back. My intention was to get GNR back on the charts like the old days, as I know none of the songs off CD has ever been played on radio here. Didn't work at least where I live. Bah.

everyone seems to agree it must be a chinese democracy song. maybe you could add a poll to the topic? we could vote on a few favorites. i think the short list would have to include TIL, Street of Dreams, TWAT or Scrapped.

also, since time is always of the essence, it couldn't hurt to go ahead and get the facebook page up. it can be revised and evolve as the project grows. but i see a lot of good in going ahead and getting the ball rolling.

Poll is done, you can vote now.

I will put up a FB within 24 hours just fine, let's just spread the word for a bit, especially towards the south american fans. ;-)

everyone seems to agree it must be a chinese democracy song. maybe you could add a poll to the topic? we could vote on a few favorites. i think the short list would have to include TIL, Street of Dreams, TWAT or Scrapped.

also, since time is always of the essence, it couldn't hurt to go ahead and get the facebook page up. it can be revised and evolve as the project grows. but i see a lot of good in going ahead and getting the ball rolling.

I will put up a FB within 24 hours just fine, let's just spread the word for a bit, especially towards the south american fans. ;-)

awesome progress. but i really think we should consider pushing TIL, especially over the song chinese democracy. it already got a big push. but TIL never did, and it has MAAAAAAJOR crossover appeal. i could see it getting played on rock, adult contemporary or even NPR stations.

also, fuck the naysayers in this thread. we can totally do this.

awesome progress. but i really think we should consider pushing TIL, especially over the song chinese democracy. it already got a big push. but TIL never did, and it has MAAAAAAJOR crossover appeal. i could see it getting played on rock, adult contemporary or even NPR stations.

also, fuck the naysayers in this thread. we can totally do this.

I agree, but was 'This I Love' even put out a a single? I only know of Better, CD and SOD?

Edited by Blusky Grenfield

i think it should be 'get chinese democracy to number 1' instead of 'get gnr...'

gnr means a lot of things to other people, and we don't want to confuse anyone into thinking we're talking about the old band's old songs.

I hear ya, but everyone knows 'Guns N' Roses', few give a fuck about Chinese Democracy. Do the math. I'm for 'Guns N' Roses'.

well then people are just going to request paradise city or sweet child o' mine. and do we really want to work so hard just to do a nostalgia turn? that does nothing to benefit the band we know and love so much?

while not as many gnr fans know or care about chinese democracy, the use of that name could still generate crossover publicity from non-music fans who simply support the spread of democracy to china.

or maybe you could put title it "get NEW GnR songs to #1"

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I suspect the OP is BBA. Must be hard trying to make people buy the psychotic transition from rabid reunionist to pro-GN'R.

Exactly how would that happen?

I don't really use Itunes, so not sure how it works.

You want everybody and their brother to buy the single GnR song off of Itunes on the same day?

The question is - how does one purchase a GnR single/song or the album CD and have it count towards a Billboard ranking?

Definately get 'Better' to number 1 in U.S & UK

you're late to the party. we've already given up. it only took a few hours for everyone in this thread to become aware of the painfully obvious... despite the chatter on the mygnr echo chamber, there is little demand for new gnr music. this facebook campaign didn't get a single like.

why buy a song for a dollar when you can get the whole album for 2? Best Buy would be happy to dig a few thousand copies, from their Chinese Democracy burial site in the desert. They have like a million or two buried there.

Actually, the whole album is available for only $1 at Family Dollar here in Arizona, and that STILL can't sell it.