The Breaking Bad leaked info/speculation thread [FUTURE SPOILERS - BEWARE]

ManetsBR

It's funny how some people consider an evil/annoying/dull character as a bad character. Skylar is someone you're suppose to dislike because she serves as an obstacle for Walt, a character that's designed so that people will cheer for the bad guy. Ironically, it's that those obstacles that would likely save Walt from himself. She's also an important variable in illustrating how much Walt has transformed from a lowly science teacher to a drug kingpin. It was great during seasons two and three how Walt would switch over from Heisenberg to Walt whenever Skylar would walk into the room. Outside the home, in Walt's drug world, he was Heisenberg, but guy who called the shots. As soon as walked through his front door, he reverted back to a weakling and was dominated by his wife. But by the end of season three and through season four, Walt flipped the switch and started calling the shots over his previously domineering wife.

Just because you think Skylar is a bitch and grates on you doesn't mean she's a bad character. The show would not be better off without her. Her role is pivotal to the show.

Guest bellastar2355

It's funny how some people consider an evil/annoying/dull character as a bad character. Skylar is someone you're suppose to dislike because she serves as an obstacle for Walt, a character that's designed so that people will cheer for the bad guy. Ironically, it's that those obstacles that would likely save Walt from himself. She's also an important variable in illustrating how much Walt has transformed from a lowly science teacher to a drug kingpin. It was great during seasons two and three how Walt would switch over from Heisenberg to Walt whenever Skylar would walk into the room. Outside the home, in Walt's drug world, he was Heisenberg, but guy who called the shots. As soon as walked through his front door, he reverted back to a weakling and was dominated by his wife. But by the end of season three and through season four, Walt flipped the switch and started calling the shots over his previously domineering wife.

Just because you think Skylar is a bitch and grates on you doesn't mean she's a bad character. The show would not be better off without her. Her role is pivotal to the show.

I was with skylar until she fucked ted, and flaunted it in Walter's face. I get that it was to get Walter out of the house but that was disgusting.

I was with skylar until she fucked ted, and flaunted it in Walter's face. I get that it was to get Walter out of the house but that was disgusting.

This. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

It's a plot/character device to make the audience cheer for the bad guy. The show wouldn't be as dynamic if Walt was constantly the perpetrator of evil or bad acts.

Guest bellastar2355

It's a plot/character device to make the audience cheer for the bad guy. The show wouldn't be as dynamic if Walt was constantly the perpetrator of evil or bad acts.

Here's the thing though, people were already hating her before she even did that though. I think Skylar is a character that needed to be on the show, but what I'm saying is stop acting like Skylar is this saint when she clearly isn't. While Walter is doing his business does she really need to be fucking doing that shit to make a point? She has a son that is quite impressionable, she could have kept her dignity and acted like a real woman. How many times did her lawyer tell her to give up Walter. If you're really scared for your kids you do what you have to do. She's always bossed Walter around, now that's he's in control SUDDENLY she's a scared bitch. She's just like Carmela from the Sopranos. Tony is only a boss when she needs him to be....

But the point is we need them in the show lol

Here's the thing though, people were already hating her before she even did that though. I think Skylar is a character that needed to be on the show, but what I'm saying is stop acting like Skylar is this saint when she clearly isn't. While Walter is doing his business does she really need to be fucking doing that shit to make a point? She has a son that is quite impressionable, she could have kept her dignity and acted like a real woman. How many times did her lawyer tell her to give up Walter. If you're really scared for your kids you do what you have to do. She's always bossed Walter around, now that's he's in control SUDDENLY she's a scared bitch. She's just like Carmela from the Sopranos. Tony is only a boss when she needs him to be....

If there was no Skylar and just Hank, it would be pretty difficult to cheer for Walt. Considering all the shitty things that have happened to Hank as a result of Walt's actions, the audience would likely be rooting for Walt to fail (or perhaps not succeed as much). He started off as a very sympathetic individual and has turned into a monster. Adding Skylar into the mix sort of moderates the audience's perceptions of Walt. She becomes the monster because she fucked her boss when Walt was simply trying to provide for his family. But looking at the show objectively, how horrible is Skylar really? Yeah, she's a cold bitch with a bit of a revenge twitch inside of her, but compare that to the numerous sins Walt has committed and I'm not sure how anyone could consider her character as the bad guy.

Everyone in this show has a little bit of bad in them (though maybe not Hank), it's only Walt who has truly gone to the dark side.

This. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

As if her "wrong" is in the same league as the wrongs committed by Walt. Please.

Edited by downzy

Guest bellastar2355

If there was no Skylar and just Hank, it would be pretty difficult to cheer for Walt. Considering all the shitty things that have happened to Hank as a result of Walt's actions, the audience would likely be rooting for Walt to fail (or perhaps not succeed as much). He started off as a very sympathetic individual and has turned into a monster. Adding Skylar into the mix sort of moderates the audience's perceptions of Walt. She becomes the monster because she fucked her boss when Walt was simply trying to provide for his family. But looking at the show objectively, how horrible is Skylar really? Yeah, she's a cold bitch with a bit of a revenge twitch inside of her, but compare that to the numerous sins Walt has committed and I'm not sure how anyone could consider her character as the bad guy.

Everyone in this show has a little bit of bad in them (though maybe not Hank), it's only Walt who has truly gone to the dark side.

>>This. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

As if her "wrong" is in the same league as the wrongs committed by Walt. Please.

Her fucking Ted was not as bad as Walt's sins, but right now she's just as bad as Walt. What does she say to Walt before he robs the train? Are you gonna bury a body or something along those lines? She knows exactly whats going on. But does she say anything? No why? Because it benefits her family. She's only the victim when appropriate. That's the problem.

BTW I love Hank lol, I'm rooting for him

Edited by bellastar2355

I think the difference may be the fact that Walt, from the very beginning, started all of this for his family in the long run. For them to have enough money after he's gone from the cancer. Skylar fucked Ted for no reason. She was trying to get revenge for all of the wrong reasons, I do believe she did that before she knew the grand scheme of things.

While Walt may be a criminal, he's always been loyal to his wife and family. Her fucking Ted was just a slap in the face considering all Walt was/is going through.

>>This. 2 wrongs don't make a

right.

Her fucking Ted was not as bad as Walt's sins, but right now she's just as bad as Walt. What does she say to Walt before he robs the train? Are you gonna bury a body or something along those lines? She knows exactly whats going on. But does she say anything? No why? Because it benefits her family. She's only the victim when appropriate. That's the problem.

BTW I love Hank lol, I'm rooting for him

And it's what makes the show better by having her in there. She isn't a saint, and hence it makes Walt's crimes seem less abhorrent. But to suggest they're just as culpable is a bit of stretch. Tyler wasn't out there killing people, poisoning children, and watching young girls die (who indirectly led to a plane full of people dying). Moreover, she only knows the tip of the iceberg of what her husband is guilty or capable of. She wasn't helping Walt because it benefited her family, she did it because it protected her family. Walt had turned into a massive sink hole, pulling all those around him into the pit of immoral behavior.

As for her actions in season five, I think they're predicated on the emotion of fear more than feelings of support for Walt. She's afraid, a point she readily makes clear many times throughout the season. She heard what her husband is capable of (or at least part of it) and she's now less afraid of what the law will do to her than what Walt, or now Heisenberg, will do to her if she were to run or squeal. Add on the immense guilt she holds for what happened to Hank, and I think she's doing what she can. So she may know what's going on, but in her opinion, there isn't much she can do to remove herself and her children from the equation. You can question her judgement, but I'd be weary in ascribing her a similar intent to the one held by Walt.

I think the difference may be the fact that Walt, from the very beginning, started all of this for his family in the long run. For them to have enough money after he's gone from the cancer. Skylar fucked Ted for no reason. She was trying to get revenge for all of the wrong reasons, I do believe she did that before she knew the grand scheme of things.

While Walt may be a criminal, he's always been loyal to his wife and family. Her fucking Ted was just a slap in the face considering all Walt was/is going through.

You seem to be forgetting all the weird and wacko behavior Walt was doing prior to her sleeping with Ted. We know Walt's motivations and his dealings, but she didn't. He repeatedly lied to her, failed to show up when his daughter was being delivered, and ultimately proved to be unreliable as a husband and as a father. Go back and watch seasons one and two. Skylar didn't fuck Ted for no reason. She may have been hasty in the manner in which she did it, but from her perspective, Walt stopped being someone she could trust and support not far along into the first season. It was Ted who was with her when she gave birth to her daughter. She only slept with Ted after finding out about Walt's new criminal enterprises and learning some of the truth. Like I said, she isn't a saint and made some bad judgement calls, but let's not kid ourselves. She's been the victim of Walt's behaviour far more than she's been the perpetrator of wanton destruction to Walt and the family.

And to suggest that loyalty to his family is the only motivation that Walt has is a rich claim to make. There were many times in this show that Walt could have walked (and walked away a rich man) but chose to engage in criminal behaviour out of spite, ego, or greed. You're welcome to disagree with me, but other than her fix for revenge, I'd ascribe the motivations of fear, guilt, distrust, and the desire to protect her children to most of Skylar's actions.

P.S. I'm not sure what's going on, but every time I edit my post it puts my response in a quote box. I've been forced to delete and re-post this several times.

Guest bellastar2355

Sorry hun but I call bullshit on her being afraid story. Why did she fuck ted? because she wanted Walter out of the house. But what did Walter do eventually? He signed the divorce papers, he was done. But what did Skylar do? She didn't file them. She instead offered Walter ideas on how to launder the money.

When she realized the situation with Gus and realized the severity of the situation, that should have been her chance to leave. but she still stays. Don't tell me it's fear. Look what happened at the end of the episode of the last season. She's there smiling at Walter, glad she has all this money and her family back. If you're all about morals, that wouldn't be the case.

My point is Skylar wants to point fingers when she's just as bad.

At this point, Walt is consumed with just running the meth business for personal pleasure. He has evolved over all seasons and now he is a bonafide criminal; one who he once despised. But during the first seasons, what is Walt supposed to do? Go out and tell her "Hey, i'm doing this meth thing for the family before I die so you and Walt Jr can be fine once i'm gone, btw, don't tell my brother in law, haha!". That would've never flown. He had to keep his actions secret.

Skylar has always been a bitch, since the very first episode of the series. That's her character and she plays it well.

Sorry hun but I call bullshit on her being afraid story. Why did she fuck ted? because she wanted Walter out of the house. But what did Walter do eventually? He signed the divorce papers, he was done. But what did Skylar do? She didn't file them. She instead offered Walter ideas on how to launder the money.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Forsaken

Besides, the only reason she rubbed it in his face is because he stupidly decided to completely disregard her decision to leave him.

EDIT : I disagree that she is "just a bitch".

I mean check out season 1 again and realize what a giant loser her husband is. Can you really blame her for acting the way she does to him ? He is bland, has no ambition, no character...

If anything, I bet she is more attracted to Heisenberg than to Season 1 Walter White.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

When she realized the situation with Gus and realized the severity of the situation, that should have been her chance to leave. but she still stays. Don't tell me it's fear. Look what happened at the end of the episode of the last season. She's there smiling at Walter, glad she has all this money and her family back. If you're all about morals, that wouldn't be the case.

No doubt that her return to planet Walt at the end of season five betrays her previous concerns, but seriously, I don't know anyone could claim she's just as bad as Walt. There's just no way. Complicit, sure. But the guy who drives the getaway car isn't nearly as guilty as the guy who shoots up a bank (especially if the guy driving the car didn't know about the shooting). Or to use an analogy from the show, it would be as though Hank were just as guilty as Marie for her instances of stealing because he doesn't turn her in.

I think people get too warped by how a story is presented. Consider this show if it were shot from Skyler's perspective. There is no doubt you would have far more sympathy for her character than what you do now. How could it be anything other than fear when she thinks the only way out of this situation is to try and kill herself (in a lame attempt, no doubt, by jumping into the pool).

You're welcome to think of Skyler as the villain, but that only proves how good the writing is for this show. The lead character kills numerous people, produces a drug that's not helping anyone but himself, continually throws his partner under the bus, stands over a junkie and watches her die to manipulate his business partner, poisons a small child to manipulate the same partner, goes to war with various cartels, hires white supremacists prisoners to kill numerous people, and deserts and lies to his pregnant wife numerous times and yet, because his wife fucked around on him and helped him launder money she's the one who reaps the audience scorn. Is she a hypocrite by the end of season five? Sure. But in no way is she anywhere near what Walt became.

EDIT : I disagree that she is "just a bitch".

I mean check out season 1 again and realize what a giant loser her husband is. Can you really blame her for acting the way she does to him ? He is bland, has no ambition, no character...

If anything, I bet she is more attracted to Heisenberg than to Season 1 Walter White.

I disagree, Walter was just a normal person, who worked as a teacher (probably not his dream job) to sustain his family and who was an exemplary husband, father and citizen. Even when he starts in the meth world, he is just doing it for his family.

I don't see why she should be so disappointed. Bad boys are more appealing? Maybe. But that doesn't mean her behavior is justified. Walt was just a good man.

Edited by izzygirl

Guest bellastar2355

No doubt that her return to planet Walt at the end of season five betrays her previous concerns, but seriously, I don't know anyone could claim she's just as bad as Walt. There's just no way. Complicit, sure. But the guy who drives the getaway car isn't nearly as guilty as the guy who shoots up a bank (especially if the guy driving the car didn't know about the shooting). Or to use an analogy from the show, it would be as though Hank were just as guilty as Marie for her instances of stealing because he doesn't turn her in.

I think people get too warped by how a story is presented. Consider this show if it were shot from Skyler's perspective. There is no doubt you would have far more sympathy for her character than what you do now. How could it be anything other than fear when she thinks the only way out of this situation is to try and kill herself (in a lame attempt, no doubt, by jumping into the pool).

You're welcome to think of Skyler as the villain, but that only proves how good the writing is for this show. The lead character kills numerous people, produces a drug that's not helping anyone but himself, continually throws his partner under the bus, stands over a junkie and watches her die to manipulate his business partner, poisons a small child to manipulate the same partner, goes to war with various cartels, hires white supremacists prisoners to kill numerous people, and deserts and lies to his pregnant wife numerous times and yet, because his wife fucked around on him and helped him launder money she's the one who reaps the audience scorn. Is she a hypocrite by the end of season five? Sure. But in no way is she anywhere near what Walt became.

Based on your analogy of the Bank robbery, you can still get the same time in prison as the person who pulled the trigger. Why? Because your actions put in motion the bank Robbery. Skylar is helping a drug dealer launder money. She's helping him do what he needs to do to continue being a drug dealer. She knows the deal. That's what I mean.

Based on your analogy of the Bank robbery, you can still get the same time in prison as the person who pulled the trigger. Why? Because your actions put in motion the bank Robbery. Skylar is helping a drug dealer launder money. She's helping him do what he needs to do to continue being a drug dealer. She knows the deal. That's what I mean.

Does she know all the details however? I'm fairly certain she has no clue to the extent that Walt has jeopardized his own life and hence his family's security. Like I said, she's privy to what Walt has told her - that he cooks Meth and that he had a run in with Gus, someone who was even worse than Walt who was a threat to her and her children.

Yeah, you can still get the same prison sentence by driving the car, but that never happens, especially if it can be proven that the driver was unaware or under the impression that no harm would come to the people in the bank. And you're completely ignoring the differentiations between Walt and Skyler's motivations. Sure, Walt started off cooking meth as a means of providing for his family and paying his medical bills, but it became so much more than that, especially when season three kicked into gear. Skyler, while foolishly, has sought to protect herself and her family from Walt's actions the best she can or thought to at the time. Other than the final episode of season five, I have not seen a moment where Skyler sought material benefit from Walt's actions. She gave away $600k just to protect herself and her family from an IRS audit. Walt and Skyler are on completely different levels when it comes to explaining their motivations as to why they are acting illegally. I do think she suffers from a severe case of poor judgement, but I won't ascribe the kind of sins to her that Walt has easily accrued.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone stole the script of the last episodes from Bryan Cranston's car. I wonder if it will leak out and what the screewriters will do in that case.

I heard about that earlier today.

Supposedly others overheard people discussing the plot in some kind of diner or something as well. I hope to God the script does not leak. If it does, I will do every thing in my power not read it.