Is there a better nu guns performance than rock am ring 2006

Ryan95

well the bands from 02 and 01 sound like they have an identity while the one from 06 and on ward just don't cut it for me;there not bad but they just fill in a role it feels. But I go listen to NuGNR simply to be able to hear Axl Rose sing so 06 is clearly better than any year with NuGNR.

I think its the best recording of the (newer) band live, but axl's voice was better in other years. For example, IRS seemed solid and heavy, havent heard the band sounding as good on that song at any other gig. Brain and Tommy are really driving the song \m/

I don't think Rio 2001 scream was pre recorded. Why didn't they used on other concerts as well if it sounded so awesome? It was a real scream, and Axl used all his voice there, that's why he sounded shit for the rest of the concert year tour decade his life.

I think its the best recording of the (newer) band live, but axl's voice was better in other years. For example, IRS seemed solid and heavy, havent heard the band sounding as good on that song at any other gig. Brain and Tommy are really driving the song \m/

This. There have been better shows, in 2010, but never a better recording.

The LA Forum 2011 has good Axl vocals, probably among the best of 2011-2012 (although I might be biased since I was there lol)

And the Los Angeles show from 2006 that has already been posted is one of my favorite shows from any of the post-96 lineups

wow that was incredible

It is incredible. The opening, the ending, the energy, the hype, the vibe. It's simply amazing.

7:15ish is cool when the whole crowd goes crazy and starts singing and they're almost as loud as Axl. Not many bands can get a crowd THAT exited.

Edited by liers

The LA Forum 2011 has good Axl vocals, probably among the best of 2011-2012 (although I might be biased since I was there lol)

And the Los Angeles show from 2006 that has already been posted is one of my favorite shows from any of the post-96 lineups

LA 2011 was a pretty solid show. 2011 gets a shitty rep because of Rio, but once the tour started rolling in NA I think Axl sounded fine for the most part. 2011 was just as good as early 2006.