Axl Rose Close to Losing $20M Lawsuit Against Activision for Featuring Slash

Chris 55

This one's real funny I had to laugh...

COMMENT | 'RE: And...'

posted by : noone69

1/31/2013 8:38:00 PM

Report Abuse

Alright, someone really needs to ask Axl WTF really is his problem with Slash. Its been nearly 20 years, who honestly holds a grudge this long? Did Slash murder Axl's mother?

Why are none of these testicle-less interviewers asking him that?

Edited by cheesecake

They love axl on Blabbermouth :no:

http://www.blabbermo...wsitemID=185648

The comments :rofl-lol:

Axl makes it too easy though.

(why is my 2nd sentence in bold? Sorry for that)

The amount of shit Axl has caused all comes back to him.

What's that saying sir, something about not owing you your personal happy ending at another's expense? Well, have your Activision cake and eat it Axl, because according to the law you don't get your personal happy ending.

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

"a game dedicated to music from the Chinese Democracy album"

Someone has to be bullshitting here. Why in the fuck would they ever offer to make such a game? Is there evidence they offered this?

Why wouldn't they? Rockband did

He doesn't have to answer you. That's how cupcakes work ;)

Coma16, you're pathetic. Go fuck yourself.

As for Loaded's question....I don't know much about the game Rockband, but I doubt they dedicated an entire game to a band that hadn't put out an album in 20 years. Am I wrong about that? Serious question.

To think that there could be a game dedicated to Chinese Democracy is pathetic.... only 4 or 5 songs are worth listening on that album. Those 4 or 5 are AWESOME! But the rest of the album is forgettable and a mess. I can't understand why Axl keeps on trying to put this album at legendary level as AFD is... The only thing Legendary about Chinese Democracy is the whole drama, the time it took to make, the mess that it became and the millions of dollars spent on that record... Musically there's nothing Legendary on that album!

Edited by AndreCC

The funny thing is we know Activision is lying cos Axl would never agree to Slash on the cover of the game.

No, what we know is Axl is a maniac and would be happy to erase what the old band made for some obscur reason.

That maybe but it has nothing to do with what I said.

I don't get it. It's ovious that Axl is right.

Axl: "I don't want any Slash mention on the game."

Activision: "Fine."

Activision puts Slash on the game, playing the song, on the cover and put some Velvet Revolver.

Activision: "Axl, we're sorry. To make it up for you, we can make a Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses or even a Chinese Democracy version of the game, how does that sound?"

I don't get it...

Because all the above allegedly took place verbally. Therefore it is difficult for Axl to prove. The court can view those claims as absolute fabrications. Camp GN'R shot themselves in the foot without ensuring a contractual agreement, but they probably weren't anticipating a subsequent lawsuit.

At this point he can't even substantiate the grovelling apology from one of the Activision execs that is said to have happened by the camp.

Which could be millions.

No - it could not. Nowhere near that. Especialy given the underperformance of the lawyers in question. It is quite clear that what Axl alleges actually took place however these representatives allowed a lack of viable evidence to tie their hands up instead of pushing other loopholes. The 'too late' remarks from the judges should have been blown out of the water.

Which could be millions.

No - it could not. Nowhere near that. Especialy given the underperformance of the lawyers in question. It is quite clear that what Axl alleges actually took place however these representatives allowed a lack of viable evidence to tie their hands up instead of pushing other loopholes. The 'too late' remarks from the judges should have been blown out of the water.

i'm sure that will be axl's argument when he tries to sue them.

I don't get it. It's ovious that Axl is right.

Axl: "I don't want any Slash mention on the game."

Activision: "Fine."

Activision puts Slash on the game, playing the song, on the cover and put some Velvet Revolver.

Activision: "Axl, we're sorry. To make it up for you, we can make a Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses or even a Chinese Democracy version of the game, how does that sound?"

I don't get it...

Because all the above allegedly took place verbally. Therefore it is difficult for Axl to prove. The court can view those claims as absolute fabrications. Camp GN'R shot themselves in the foot without ensuring a contractual agreement, but they probably weren't anticipating a subsequent lawsuit.

At this point he can't even substantiate the grovelling apology from one of the Activision execs that is said to have happened by the camp.

it's weird how the judge explained exactly what he was thinking, yet you decided to ignore it and put a completely different excuse in his mouth.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

To think that there could be a game dedicated to Chinese Democracy is pathetic.... only 4 or 5 songs are worth listening on that album. Those 4 or 5 are AWESOME! But the rest of the album is forgettable and a mess. I can't understand why Axl keeps on trying to put this album at legendary level as AFD is... The only thing Legendary about Chinese Democracy is the whole drama, the time it took to make, the mess that it became and the millions of dollars spent on that record... Musically there's nothing Legendary on that album!

A liar lying. The irony.

It's unfortunate that Axl chooses to spend his time playing the lawsuit game nowadays, instead of being a good professional and release more albums under the GNR name.

I enjoyed having Slash in the game, having Welcome to the Jungle in it and also having the Velvet Revolver songs too. At the end of the day, even though legally Slash shouldn't represent Guns because of the name thing, It's a guitar game, and the person who did most of the guitar parts for that song WAS Slash!

But in any case in my opinion we're used to have Axl being a prick and do this sort of things...How about some music Axl?!

A liar lying. The irony.

What am i lying in there Bumblecool?

Edited by AndreCC