Axl Rose Close to Losing $20M Lawsuit Against Activision for Featuring Slash

Chris 55

I don't get it. It's ovious that Axl is right.

Axl: "I don't want any Slash mention on the game."

Activision: "Fine."

Activision puts Slash on the game, playing the song, on the cover and put some Velvet Revolver.

Activision: "Axl, we're sorry. To make it up for you, we can make a Guitar Hero: Guns N' Roses or even a Chinese Democracy version of the game, how does that sound?"

I don't get it...

Because Axl is evil and Slash is an angel. Obviously Axl's wrong. Agreements be damned.

Gues the judge did not like ChiDem either and obviously is a Slashole

It's probably something the Activivision lawyers worked out before hand. Like distract him with false promises off the record til it goes beyong the staute of libs then release the game with Slash on it. All for a buck.

I had the first Activision console with Pitfall. I should have got an Atari.

Looks like Slash and Duff are not the only ones who are stupid with contracts.......... :cry:

Edited by classicrawker

The reason I did not file a lawsuit is because Activision -- through my managers and representatives -- offered me a separate video game and other business proposals worth millions of dollars to resolve and settle my claims relating to GHIII," he said in a deposition. "From December 2007 through November 2010, Activision was offering me a Guns N' Roses-dedicated video game, a game dedicated to music from the Chinese Democracy album, and other proposals."

One minute Axl's moaning because Activision used an image of Slash (one of the most iconic guitarists on the planet) to promote GH-III, and the next minute, Axl's not all that bothered as he thinks Activision were going to make another game featuring (the new line up - hired hands) Guns N'Roses. But that never game never happened, probably because Activision knew, people, ie enough people wouldn't buy the game to cover development costs, which means Acitivision had little faith in the new line up GN'R :D

..funny shit!

Edited by vaida

He's suing for $20 million but if he loses that doesn't mean HE has to pay that money does it? It just means he doesn't get that money - can someone set me straight on this?

I'm not a lawyer. Taking into account the years William / Axl has spent chasing his $20 million, must have cost a small fortune. If he looses, he will have to foot Activisons legal bill too. It goes without saying, both sides hire the best, the most expensive.

Maybe now Axl and team Brazil will stop slapping lawsuits on everybody and their brother and instead will concentrate on turning GnR back into being one the most relevant and important rock bands in the world.

Time to concentrate on music.

Beta - while your meal ticket is still capable, please take the next couple of years to concentrate on the thing that originally made Axl so great. Music.

Let's leave the lawsuits and Slash hatred to the side, just for a few years. Think about this:

2013 - double album, Best of the CD remaining songs, plus songs written by current band. Tour.

2014 - release live concert DVD/CD. Tour.

2015 - touring first half, vacation second half

2016 - release album of original material from current band. Tour.

2017 - tour

2018 - Box Set. Axl's autobiography. Album of new material. Greatest hits package. Any unreleased songs. DVD - behind the scenes - new band and old Illusions footage. ONE song by the old band (get the guys together for a weekend and record one song). Then retire the GnR name.

Let the current band have a real chance to stamp their contributions to the GnR name, instead of just being a glorified cover/touring band.

Five albums of material from the post Slash/Izzy/Duff line-up would give credibility to Axl keeping the GnR name.

A final box set would put everything to bed and let Axl retire the GnR name with class and dignity.

Seems like a much better plan than playing weddings, Vegas, NOT releasing music and continuing to hate and blame everything on Slash.

Basically...........put the "fans" back into the equation.

each and every day i lose more respect for axl crybaby rose. can't believe it's the same guy who was my idol 10 years ago.

Can't believe it either. I had a poster of him in my bedroom when I was 13-14 years old... Now I don't even know if I'm still a fan... What Vaida said is true. He cried because Activision used Slash in the game but stop crying when they told him they could do a game based off CD... he's like a baby, a fucking cry baby.

each and every day i lose more respect for axl crybaby rose. can't believe it's the same guy who was my idol 10 years ago.

Can't believe it either. I had a poster of him in my bedroom when I was 13-14 years old... Now I don't even know if I'm still a fan... What Vaida said is true. He cried because Activision used Slash in the game but stop crying when they told him they could do a game based off CD... he's like a baby, a fucking cry baby.

It makes sense right? Since he's a cry baby loser, he said "OK, I will not say anything if you give me a game for my cover band. Give me MY game, I want MY game". Activision said "OK cry baby loser Axl, we'll give you YOUR game".

Sorry Axl, it never happened, they trolled him hard. :lol:

God, some of the replies in this topic are really stupid :rolleyes:

On topic: in case Axl doesn´t win this, he won´t have to pay 20 millions, he´d probably have to pay the lawyers fees and taxes related to the court and stuff.

If the lawyers told him it wasn't an open and shut case but thought Axl should proceed, then they probably would have went ahead on the basis of only getting paid if they win the lawsuit.And then there will probably be an appeal. Edited by cbgnr

New Album:

Appetite for justice

Track listing:

American Democracy

Suer's revenge

Poorer

Street of Poverty

If I lose

There was a lawsuit

Collection agency in the rye

Scrapped for cash

Slash n' the judge