The symbolism behind DJ's tophat. Is it an homage?

saber_

DJ wears a tophat on stage often. Do you think it's an homage to Slash? What else do you think is symbolic about the hat? Aside from being an homage to Slash, I think that, given the hat's stitching and beat-up look, it also symbolizes Guns n Roses. The tophat has stitches in it, and as such is 'zombified' to some extent. It's been sewed together from different pieces. Metaphorically, GnR has been stitched back together. GnR, awoken from its slumber, back from the dead to walk the earth.

What do you think?

DJ wears a tophat on stage often. Do you think it's an homage to Slash? What else do you think is symbolic about the hat? Aside from being an homage to Slash, I think that, given the hat's stitching and beat-up look, it also symbolizes Guns n Roses. The tophat has stitches in it, and as such is 'zombified' to some extent. It's been sewed together from different pieces. Metaphorically, GnR has been stitched back together. GnR, awoken from its slumber, back from the dead to walk the earth.

What do you think?

GN'R, reanimated corpse? Perfect illustration.

What do you think?

I doubt DJ was like "And yeah, I'll stitch it together, just like GNR was stitched back together!"

He just thinks it looks cool.