Do you think DJ would abandon GNR for Motley Crue if given the chance?

Facekicker

I think Axl would really see it as a betrayal but DJ has a whole career ahead of him and joining Motley Crue should Mick kick the bucket would really advance his career, not to mention his Ashbaswag stuff would probably go down better with their fanbase.

Edited by TheDiceMan

I'm sure he would. But I don't think Motley could carry on without Mick, and I think Vince, Tommy, and Nikki know that. I know they've all stooped pretty low, but Motley without Mick would be just as bad as Motley without Nikki - not to mention history has proven that Motley is totally irrelevant when an original member leaves.

Mick is really the only reason I go to see Motley nowadays.

I'm sure he would.

No, he wouldn't bail on GN'R for an inferior gig. The name Axl Rose is worth far more than Motley in its entirety. Motley are all ex-rockstars except possibly Nikki, who DJ works with anyway.

The last time Motley were in any way relevant was when Tommy did a sextape with Pamela Anderson.

Edited by NGOG

Money. If Crue offered more Ashba would jump ship.

I don't think so. DJ wouldn't screw Axl over, Axl has too much industry influence. And the next viable step for DJ is something that will further enhance his franchise, Motley would be a regressive move for his career. Plus, Motley wouldn't be in a financial position to better DJ's contract with GN'R.

Well, unless Mick Mars dies or can't play anymore, I doubt the Crue will be replacing him anytime soon.

I've seen MC many times and Mick is one amazing guitar player. I don't know if DJ could do it? I guess in time, but since MC have been together for a very long time, I think it would be away if they would replace Mick anytime soon, even if he died.

As for new music, the Crue really haven't released anything new since Saints of Los Angeles and that was after a long time. Let's see if they release anything new? Nikki Sixx is the one who writes for the Crue, so it's up to him to come up with new songs. that has to be hard to do by yourself, but that's how the Crue rolls.

I think DJ would fit with MC with his looks, but since he's supposed to be good frienids with Axl, I think he'll stay with GNR, unless Axl fires him.

Guest bellastar2355

DJ is too afraid of Axl's wrath j/k

No,I don't think so, I don't think Ashba would do that to Axl. I think they have a bit of a friendship. :hug:

I think he's too loyal to leave GNR for crue, unless they hit a certain point in a couple of years where they still haven't released anything. I could see Dj drawing a line, but question is, will Bumblefoot do the same?

They would totally have him replace mick mars too.

I think he would bounce at the chance. Also I don't think the problem with Axl is procrastination or laziness, I think he hasn't heard anything inspiring enough to make him want to write and record. My experience with being in a band and being a writer - the best songs are pretty written in 10 minutes. This how Sweet Child was written - when Axl was listening to the riff in another room. When a band gets together, that's how they write. On top of that, people bring in things they've written on their own.

I really don't think anything has moved Axl to record. Maybe nothing Axl has heard is really any good, or compares to previous songs he's written.

I have song I think would get him recording vocals.. if only I knew him personally.

Given that DJ was heavily involved with writing Crue's last album and his relationship with Nikki Sixx, I'd say it's pretty likely he'd join them. He wouldn't necessarily abandon Guns though. Knowing how he likes to stay busy, he'd probably try to balance both bands if he could.