Do you think DJ would abandon GNR for Motley Crue if given the chance?

Facekicker

I'm sure he would. But I don't think Motley could carry on without Mick, and I think Vince, Tommy, and Nikki know that. I know they've all stooped pretty low, but Motley without Mick would be just as bad as Motley without Nikki - not to mention history has proven that Motley is totally irrelevant when an original member leaves.

Mick is really the only reason I go to see Motley nowadays.

The Crüe album with Corabi is awesome.

I'm sure he would. But I don't think Motley could carry on without Mick, and I think Vince, Tommy, and Nikki know that. I know they've all stooped pretty low, but Motley without Mick would be just as bad as Motley without Nikki - not to mention history has proven that Motley is totally irrelevant when an original member leaves.

You make some good points, but I think they would make an exception in a situation where Mick had to stop playing because of his medical condition. I think that Mick would encourage this as well, which would be a crucial detail in terms of their decision not to retire the whole band and keep on going.

In terms of DJ being willing to leave GNR for MC or not, i'm guessing it would entirely depend on how close they were to releasing new material at the time the opportunity came up. If DJ sees no progress with a new album, I would have a hard time seeing him stick around. Lets face it - he wouldn't be the first member to leave under the same circumstances.

A8R

It's a good "what if" question to ask Nikki, but I think he'd only do it if they had committed to the dates and MIck fell through for health reasons.

Mick's almost 63 and he's still going out on the road. I think Motley learned how to like each other again, if not, they wouldn't be doing it. But they seem to enjoy doing the shows and going through the motions night after night.

I'm sure if there was a GNR/Motley "Get In The Ring" tour (it's inevitable, don't you think?), Ron and Mick would spend most of the time talking about physical therapy.

But no, DJ wouldn't be a full time replacement to Motley and leave GNR to go to an even older band that's talked about calling it a day.

But it was a commercial flop.

It's a good "what if" question to ask Nikki, but I think he'd only do it if they had committed to the dates and MIck fell through for health reasons.

Mick's almost 63 and he's still going out on the road. I think Motley learned how to like each other again, if not, they wouldn't be doing it. But they seem to enjoy doing the shows and going through the motions night after night.

I'm sure if there was a GNR/Motley "Get In The Ring" tour (it's inevitable, don't you think?), Ron and Mick would spend most of the time talking about physical therapy.

But no, DJ wouldn't be a full time replacement to Motley and leave GNR to go to an even older band that's talked about calling it a day.

I think a Guns/Motley tour would be very successful. I'd go see it. Always wanted to see the Crüe live.

Motley are a fun live band. Mick is really the only great musician out of the bunch though - Vince has always sucked live. It's always a great stage show though.

Guest bellastar2355

DJ said himself that he is a businessman first and a guitar player second. He'll go wherever the most money is.

Als, he doesn't have his whole career ahead of him. He's in his fucking 40s.

I think people forget he is 40 lol

He looks younger than that

DJ said himself that he is a businessman first and a guitar player second. He'll go wherever the most money is.

Yeah I often forget that, what with him dressing like a teenager gone wild with a credit card in hot topic.

I don't think Motley is a bigger draw on their own, but it's possible they made more money from things like CrueFest (although from what Lars said, festival shows can result in the band losing money).

It's probably about the same in the US. I don't know about worldwide, but I think GNR are the bigger band in that case.

The only reason Crue and GNR wouldn't tour together ties in to Axl going on late. Crue would have to let GNR close every night, unless Axl promised and delivered on doing some shows early.

Just because DJ is an entrepreneur doesn't mean he's going to jump ship to a band that's been around for even longer. If he was going where the money's at, he'd probably be asking Fortus how much he was making with Rihanna.

Yeah I often forget that, what with him dressing like a teenager gone wild with a credit card in hot topic.

ROTFLOL.

I think people forget he is 40 lol

He looks younger than that

Axl is only like 10yrs older yet on stage they look like father and son age difference. Come to think of it Axl looks like a father to a lot of other members on stage not just DJ. The shades and hat and bulky clothings certainly don't help.

But it was a commercial flop.

I think a Guns/Motley tour would be very successful. I'd go see it. Always wanted to see the Crüe live.

Motley are a fun live band. Mick is really the only great musician out of the bunch though - Vince has always sucked live. It's always a great stage show though.

Tommy is a great drummer and Nikki is a great bass player. Vince Neil is not that bad live. The only thing i can complain is the skipping on the words, which a lot of guys do, but he's usually on key