How successful has the touring been in legitimizing nΣwGuns to the populace?

saber_

How successful has the touring been in legitimizing nΣwGuns to the populace? Does the continued touring help incept the concept of the current lineup into the concertgoers' collective consciousness? Clearly the answer is yes, but will an attendee be more likely to buy a nΣwGuns record after seeing a show? I believe the answer is also yes. And so therefore the touring has been very successful in prepping the world for an eventual record. What do you think?

You should really use epsilon and not sigma. Fail....

To answer the question. I believe it is yes. But don't forget that CD charted #1 all over the world so most people have accepted nugnr years ago.

Edited by Coma16

You should really use epsilon and not sigma. Fail....

To answer the question. I believe it is yes. But don't forget that CD charted #1 all over the world so most people have accepted nugnr years ago.

I wasn't going for phoenetic accuracy; I chose sigma because it looks like an "E" but more importantly, it also is the summation operator. I'm serious! lol

And that is a good point, Chinese Democracy did go platinum in many countries around the world. I just wonder if Axl feels like he needs to continue the tour to expose the current band to the populace in preparation for an eventual CD followup.

Going to see the band does not equate to legitimizing them. My brother went, had a good time and still doesn't see them as GNR.

You just said your brother went and paid money to go see the current incarnation of Guns, no? Paying to see the show most certainly legitimizes the band, regardless of whether he "sees them as GnR" or not. He went to their show. He knows who's in the band. He saw them play. As far as Guns is concerned, that's mission accomplished.

I think Axl just tours cause he owes money to who ever produced CD, I mean it is the most expensive album ever. Also to answer the question I dont think people have accepted NuGnR as Guns N Roses, the sales are merely a sign of how popular the name is and how much Axl was missed by his fans.

Going to see the band does not equate to legitimizing them. My brother went, had a good time and still doesn't see them as GNR.

You just said your brother went and paid money to go see the current incarnation of Guns, no? Paying to see the show most certainly legitimizes the band, regardless of whether he "sees them as GnR" or not. He went to their show. He knows who's in the band. He saw them play. As far as Guns is concerned, that's mission accomplished.

Nah.

The album was paid off by Best Buy.

I think Axl just tours cause he owes money to who ever produced CD, I mean it is the most expensive album ever. Also to answer the question I dont think people have accepted NuGnR as Guns N Roses, the sales are merely a sign of how popular the name is and how much Axl was missed by his fans.

Having seen this nu GNR in concert twice, I'd say yes. It does confirm these members as GNR. Axl wouldn't tour with a band that he felt wasn't superior in everyway.

Live these guys kick ass and have fun too!

Axl was happy both times I saw him and interacted with his fellow bandmates.

No matter what people say, if you don't have a good off stage relationship with your band members, you can't do an excellent show.

Yeah, you can put on good shows, but fans will pick up on the tension.

I just saw the new Rolling Stones video for Doom and it was like there were four different people on the set never interacting with each other. MIck was the only one animated and he's still got it.

Everyone knows now that he and Keith don't like each other much and it would be a surprise if they do tour together again and believe me this video shows it.

The Stones can still kick ass on record, but I'm curious to see how they are onstage now after so much time and Keith's book has passed.

It's better to perform with people you like than people you really don't want to be with anymore.

lmao I did not know that, I thought it was only promoting CD, in that case I guess Axl is touring just for the heck of it. I still stand GnR selling point is the name and fans wanting to see a legend,

Lol, yup Best buy paid off the studio costs, that were rung up, which include CD and any unreleased or demoed music. So when they started touring they we're pretty much even. Maybe had some costs here and there but nothing major that we know of.

lmao I did not know that, I thought it was only promoting CD, in that case I guess Axl is touring just for the heck of it. I still stand GnR selling point is the name and fans wanting to see a legend,

IF there is a new record it had better be nothing like CD because all it takes is for word to get out in early reviews that it is more of the same and it is game over. It will bomb, and bomb hard. The world is not waiting for another CD with baited breath.

IF there is a new record it had better be nothing like CD because all it takes is for word to get out in early reviews that it is more of the same and it is game over. It will bomb, and bomb hard. The world is not waiting for another CD with baited breath.

I really want to hear checkmate, the general, berlin,.... Maybe Axl should upload them to mediafire and make a new kickass record that sounds like appetite/illusion, but i'm pretty sure he'll never do that lol.

Lol. New album. Bahaha.

The vast majority are going to hear Axl sing the hits. The other guys are just that. The other guys. Most don't care or couldn't name a single person besides Axl. The only thing they know about the nu band is Slash is gone.

The same vast majority wouldnt care if Axl never performed cd shit again. Nobody cares whether this group releases music together or not besides us. Axl sells by milking the heyday and having a decent cover band to back his voice.

To me, people expecting Axl to release new music are ALMOST as stupid as people expecting a reunion. We will either get leaks or nothing. Not while Axl still has a pulse at least.

Lol. New album. Bahaha.

The vast majority are going to hear Axl sing the hits. The other guys are just that. The other guys. Most don't care or couldn't name a single person besides Axl. The only thing they know about the nu band is Slash is gone.

The same vast majority wouldnt care if Axl never performed cd shit again. Nobody cares whether this group releases music together or not besides us. Axl sells by milking the heyday and having a decent cover band to back his voice.

To me, people expecting Axl to release new music are ALMOST as stupid as people expecting a reunion. We will either get leaks or nothing. Not while Axl still has a pulse at least.

This

Aren't you and I betting on the sales output of the next record? Why yes we are. You agreed to that bet... so to me anyway, that means somewhere deep down, on some level, in your heart of hearts, you believe there will be another album eventually. =b

You just keep that hundred ready for when I win the bet.

I don't know. I think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't put it quite so strongly. I never thought CD would see the light of day (I sometimes wish it hadn't), so I've been surprised before.

Lol. New album. Bahaha.

Aren't you and I betting on the sales output of the next record? Why yes we are. You agreed to that bet... so to me anyway, that means somewhere deep down, on some level, in your heart of hearts, you believe there will be another album eventually. =b

You just keep that hundred ready for when I win the bet.

The bet is so "what if" its not even funny. It's the next door neighbor of "if I win the lotto jackpot"...in the neighborhood of hypothetical situations. Almost on the borderline of delusional. Don't get me wrong, IF there is ever another album of new nu material released its still game on. But I don't think neither one of us has anything to worry about.

EDIT: Don't know why my initial post posted again. I'm on my phone and its a pain in the ass to correct.

Edited by Bobbo

I don't think there will be a new album. As stated above, we (as forum goers) are the only ones who really crave new material and I really don't think Axl gives a shit about us. He actual probably dislikes us a good amount. The people he tours for are the people that want to hear the hits. It would probably sell in South America but other than that...