What phase of Axl's grand plan are we in?

Vincent Vega

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were always told that Axl had some sort of grand plan or design for GN'R with CD and the following albums. Phase I was probably the release of CD. But where are we now? Where will Axl's genius take us next?

Have you ever thought that maybe, there is no plan? Maybe they are just making stuff sometimes, and in a few months/years, they will release.

We were always told that Axl had some sort of grand plan or design for GN'R with CD and the following albums. Phase I was probably the release of CD. But where are we now? Where will Axl's genius take us next?

Good job Vince! You posted this one in the right section! I knew after all your years of being here and tens of thousands of posts you'd figure it out one day. Good jerb!

It's the exciting phase waiting in between nostalgia tours. I heard Out ta Get Me will be a regular on the next leg. Exciting!!!

The funny part is you are actually correct!

The band will add a couple old songs to the setlist and a group on here will act like it is the greatest thing that ever happened. "HOW can you say they aren't evolving as a band? How can you say they are playing the same setlist? They just added two more songs from Appetite. Axl is the greatest ever and Beta is the greatest manager ever. You are just mad there isn't a reunion."

The real question is how much of a disaster was Bucket leaving and how difficult was CD to release?

If you take that CD sold 600k in the US, without the BB deal the record label are looking at taking a 14 mil loss. And basically making CD a financial disaster. So would it be a stretch to think they may not have cared about releasing or promoting that much, in turn Axl not seeing support, hence erring on caution or maybe gung ho lets release it anyway.

Then Bucket leaves. Now the project is completely fucked. The label see no band and pull any financial backing or support for the record. Even to a rookie there's no band and the record can't sell enough copies.

But before Bucket leaving maybe there was this idea to put out a trilogy and for it to be huge and pay back the label. Maybe around the time Contradband sold well you could see 3 albums maybe selling 3-4 mil each. But Bucket leaves and it's a disaster.

The BB deal must be a compromise to get the record out. Where that leaves any plans who knows?

Label is probably just relieved to get some money back. And probably won't advance Axl 10 mil again to make a record.

They could still do CD II or whatever they were going to do.

But maybe regroup with Dj and try to do another big album that will stand up in the catalog.

A double album of all this backed up material?

or just CD II then CD III just to be as awesome as possible.

I still think CD is the best of a trilogy.

You've got Chi Dem, silkworms, OMG, Riad, SOD, Mad, TIL from CD 1, Better, IRS, TWAT, Prostitute, Catcher from CD 2, Shackler's, ITW, Scraped, Sorry from CD 3.

I think the plan is always to do a new project. A record and make it the best. Then tour to support it.

So they are in pre-production the next record now.