Anyone think Nevermind is actually Nirvana's weakest album?

Vincent Vega

I actually think with exception to the obvious hits (Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, Lithium, In Bloom), Nevermind is the weakest of Nirvana's three full albums...And I feel if they'd released an album of material like Do Re Mi and You Know You're Right in say late 94 or 95, it would've been their best album and possibly one of the best of the '90s.

The problem with Nevermind and In Utero is that they are shaped by the rock format. Its just band doing their job. Whereas Incesticide is a better reflection of the band. Bleach too. Even With the Lights Out is more revealing.

Insecticide was just an "Odds and Sods" release. It didn't come across like they were trying to cash in on Nevermind, or just keeping up with demand for "new" Nirvana music. I don't know why Hormoaning didn't get released as a bonus disc to Insecticide because that was a pretty good one.

The problem with Nevermind and In Utero is that they are shaped by the rock format. Its just band doing their job. Whereas Incesticide is a better reflection of the band. Bleach too. Even With the Lights Out is more revealing.

Insecticide was just an "Odds and Sods" release. It didn't come across like they were trying to cash in on Nevermind, or just keeping up with demand for "new" Nirvana music. I don't know why Hormoaning didn't get released as a bonus disc to Insecticide because that was a pretty good one.

incesticide was put out to reveal the truth. Nevermind was a bjt of a joke album. At one point it was called Sheep. Kurt had a personally disliking for corporate rock. Nevermind was was like him saying fuck it.