Anyone else watch the Military Channel?

Georgy Zhukov

Except that there is always at least 7 hours a day dedicated to Hitler, and they're always the same shows. My buddy used to watch the military channel a good 10 hours a day.

You make a good point abiut History, also, shouldn't The Learning Channel legally have to change it's name? All they show is Honey Boo Boo, Dance Mom, Toddlers in Tiaras...the only thing I learn from that channel is the human race is about due for another black plague.

I think the government should "accidently" drop their vats of biological weapons.

Yeah, I wish they would focus on other cool things such as 18th and 19th century warfare and the first World War. It was cool when they did that thing on Sekigahara. Lets face it, we watched the History Channel for the battles. Who gives a fuck about mercantilism?

History Channel is kind of interesting, I prefer National Geographic though. I can only watch the same WWII shows so many times....

NatGeo doesn't do a lot of military stuff, though. I recently found out I get channel 97, which is History 2. Looks like it has some of the History Channel stuff, but with the weirdness of some of NatGeo.

The thing I hated about the World War II shows is that they borrow so much from high quality BBC and PBS documentaries. I just keep my eye out for quality ones. But shows depicting battles and tactics are must sees.

History International use to have all the boring stuff (which I like) but I am not sure if they do anymore.

The Discovery Channel was cool as a kid.

I just can't stand these reality shows. Makes me want the terrorists to win.

The Discovery channel was much better than it is, but it's still better than a lot of shit out there.

Btw, I took a quick look at Greatest Tank Battles and it sounds good indeed!

Edited by izzygirl

The Discovery Channel was cool as a kid.

I just can't stand these reality shows. Makes me want the terrorists to win.

The Discovery channel was much better than it is, but it's still better than a lot of shit out there.

Btw, I took a quick look at Greatest Tank Battles and it sounds good indeed!

Yeah, they have a bunch of episodes on YouTube. They mostly do WWII tank battles but WWII has the most tank battles of any war.

I just found out, my stepson never heard of Lenin!!!! Only remembered the name Stalin, cause I helped him. Never heard of the term Tzar!

It was shocking! What do they teach these kids on school?

he had to watch the historychannel all weekend!:lol:

Edited by MBRose

I just found out, my stepson never heard of Lenin!!!! Only remembered the name Stalin, cause I helped him. Never heard of the term Tzar!

he had to watch the historychannel all weekend! :lol:

You live in the US or is Dutch education shitty too?

he had to watch the historychannel all weekend! :lol:

You live in the US or is Dutch education shitty too?

Seems Dutch education is shitty too. Or at least the level he is doing.