Axl Rose (behind the scenes...away from spotlight)

Snowmass

Axl has pretty much always been the same person.

Marc, why do you think Axl is always perceived as the bad guy. Seems like he can never get it right in the eyes of the press,leading to negative comments.

Has he ever shared his thoughts on his fans,and what he means to them?

• 2 weeks later...

The songs they were putting together and the gigs they were playing were what Axl and the band wanted to do. The only thing that changed was latter everyone wanted different things. The first day I met Axl back in May of 1984, I knew he did things pretty much the way he wanted them done. He always put a lot of thought into what he was working on and had a strong opinion about what was going on in his life and with the bands that he was in at the time. Axl is a good guy deep inside he is a puppy. A lot of the time he is misunderstood. At the same time he sometimes misunderstands things that are said about him or the band and goes the wrong way with it. Also sometimes he keeps quite when he should defend himself.

Edited by recklessroad

It's sad that lack of proper communication and compromise broke down such a great band. Clearly fault lies on all sides and it's a shame that Axl gets most of the blame. I watched a clip recently of Steven on the rehab programme and it shocked me a bit, I couldn't have dealt with that kind of stuff for very long, I can see why Axl may have chose to retreat and communicate through third parties. Unfortunately it seems to have become an ingrained habit. I think had he come out with his version and defended his case a bit more the public would be more sympathetic than he probably thinks. Because he never did this Slash and Duff have had an easier ride of it in the public perception, Axl might be a bit planet hatstand sometimes but I'm sure they are no angels either.

He once said he gave up bringing his side of the stories out (on anything) after coming out about his childhood abuse by his father and stepfather as he claimed instead of people condemning his father's and stepfather's acts, he felt more like people were blaming him instead. So he saw no point of clearing anything up. I read this in one interview somewhere, can't recall where.