Ron: "If we recorded an album it would be absolutely different from Chinese Democracy"

ManetsBR

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is he saying that like it's a good thing or a bad thing?

maybe he's giving an excuse for why the current band can't/won't record anything of their own... maybe you could read that excuse like, 'oh, we could never write anything as mindblowingly original and amazing as the chinese democracy line-up..."

also, BBA is trolling you. the same way MSL did when he got bored of being honest. the same way i did when gunsguy banned me for sharing my real thoughts, so i came back as CoolRanchDressing.

You were coolranchdressing? Fuck you had me fooled, I thought you were the biggest Axl nutter in the universe!!

MSL still is a defender of all things Axl though so I don't think he is trolling. BBA is just off rails.

Edited by Young_Gun

Some of you wannabe psychics are laughable with your assumptions. Just because the band hasn't recorded together doesn't mean that new ideas haven't been collaborated on with various members. Axl and DJ have collaborated together and Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, and Richard have done the same. To all the naysayers who try to see doom and gloom in Ron's words, maybe it's time to find something in your lives that interests you and makes you happy instead of playing doomsday prophets on a fan forum in regard to a band that you stopped liking years ago.

Why be such a dick? Axl has released one album in 20 years. It is perfectly reasonable to be highly skeptical about future releases.

BBA is not being a dick...he's being reasonable.

lolcano, king of logic by fiat

is he saying that like it's a good thing or a bad thing?

maybe he's giving an excuse for why the current band can't/won't record anything of their own... maybe you could read that excuse like, 'oh, we could never write anything as mindblowingly original and amazing as the chinese democracy line-up..."

also, BBA is trolling you. the same way MSL did when he got bored of being honest. the same way i did when gunsguy banned me for sharing my real thoughts, so i came back as CoolRanchDressing.

You were coolranchdressing? Fuck you had me fooled, I thought you were the biggest Axl nutter in the universe!!

ha... i think it's a familiar routine for the sarcastic posters to get fed up of their shtick and try to take it to the next level.

Everybody except DJ played on CD. You gotta give these guys some credit for putting up w all the bullshit, they shouldnt have to hear it from there "fans". We dont know whats in their control or not.

And I agree more would be better, but its GnR.

They played on it, but don't ask how though. Rerecording a drum beat here. Copying a solo there. They may have played on it (scarcely), but they absolutely didn't create it. Let alone do so as a band. I'd say I give everybody in Guns n' Roses (a lot) more credit than Axl Rose just for putting up with this bullshit situation and for sitting around wasting their talent (except for Ashba who I simply cannot accuse of having any talent to begin with). Great guys. But I want to see what they can really do other than play songs they didn't create. And I have a gut feeling who is the big red bottleneck there...

So do I, this is my favorite line up since the classic band, w the exception of DJ. Axl is most definatly a procrastonator, but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

if this is the case then Axl or management should explain this to the guys before shit hits the fan

Bit hard when they have to go through middlemen to talk to Axl in regards to internal band affairs. Axl didn't even know what transpired between Bucket and the band, he had to hear from Merck and even Axl was skeptical about it.

So do I, this is my favorite line up since the classic band, w the exception of DJ. Axl is most definatly a procrastonator, but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

I used to believe in issues with the label. But since no other band than Guns n' Roses has these "issues" I don't anymore. It's Axl.

I used to believe in issues with the label. But since no other band than Guns n' Roses has these "issues" I don't anymore. It's Axl.

Axl's issues cause issues with the label. I'm sure the label would have pushed for a new record at anytime during the late 90s. By 2002 when the tour was cancelled with no record looming they had enough.

Edited by Young_Gun

I admire the Axl fans who maintain their hope no matter how bleak things look for there ever being a new album by the new band. But lets face it all the comments in recent interviews by Axl hired hands sort of points out that they have not recorded music together.........

And BBA has really lost his edge with his new MSL copycat persona hasn't he...what the happened to you mate?

Edited by classicrawker

Fernando was rumored to have been the source of the leaks, just the fact that thats a rumor , would be a big fuckin issue if I were Axl. Plus all the bs that we dont know about, all bands have issues we just focus on Guns.

Axl's issues cause issues with the label. I'm sure the label would have pushed for a new record at anytime during the late 90s. By 2002 when the tour was cancelled with no record looming they had enough.

This might be true, but would you want people who have no interest but making a dollar off your name telling you when you should be recording?

but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

if this is the case then Axl or management should explain this to the guys before shit hits the fan

Bit hard when they have to go through middlemen to talk to Axl in regards to internal band affairs. Axl didn't even know what transpired between Bucket and the band, he had to hear from Merck and even Axl was skeptical about it.

Do you have any proof that Axl doesn't discuss business with his bandmates?

This might be true, but would you want people who have no interest but making a dollar off your name telling you when you should be recording?

I wouldn't like that, no. However I would not sign to a major record label who work on deadlines and quarterly figures amidst a diminishing business model. It was Axl's own fault. He wanted to be big and famous so he signed to a major record label. 15 years later he wants to function as if he is a free agent even though he hasn't fulfilled his contractual obligations.... Please...

You have been traveling around the world playing with Guns N' Roses for almost 7 years now. On that mean time, what were the most remarkable concerts for you and the band?

The Bridge School Benefit was very special, it was more than just a concert, it served a greater purpose – that's what matters to me.

WHAT???

Axl's very own quote in regards to Bucket's departure champ. One would assume that being a band, the band members would and could easily contact eachother directly. This was not the case with Bucket. Also Tom Zutant has echoed the same sentiment. Do you have any proof to refute these claims made Axl and Tom Zutant?

You have been traveling around the world playing with Guns N' Roses for almost 7 years now. On that mean time, what were the most remarkable concerts for you and the band?

The Bridge School Benefit was very special, it was more than just a concert, it served a greater purpose – that's what matters to me.

WHAT???

clearly, the band is used to axl sucking and phoning it in vocally. that's not even a factor worth noticing anymore. but i can see why bbf would dig doing the bridge school show, since he gets to put his musical talents to use for a noble purpose.

Other than the many Dizzy interviews prior to CD and recent stating that he can't answer some questions because only Axl knows?

I believe other members have stated the similar, as well.

Doesn't anyone find it interesting, and telling, that he said "If we recorded" instead of "When we record"

What I get out of this is they have recorded zero together as band and he sees no hope on the horizon of it happening............

Nice interview! :)

If the current Guns N' Rose line-up wrote and recorded a new album, do you think it would sound similar or different from Chinese Democracy?

It would absolutely sound different. The Chi Dem band is long gone, we're a different band with our own personality.

This part pretty much confirms two things, nothing has been recorded yet with the current 'band' and probably shows that Axl has very little interest in doing so...

Saw your post after I already did mine.......Yup my thoughts exactly..........

Doesn't anyone find it interesting, and telling, that he said "If we recorded" instead of "When we record"

What I get out of this is they have recorded zero together as band and he sees no hope on the horizon of it happening............

Nice interview! :)

If the current Guns N' Rose line-up wrote and recorded a new album, do you think it would sound similar or different from Chinese Democracy?

It would absolutely sound different. The Chi Dem band is long gone, we're a different band with our own personality.

This part pretty much confirms two things, nothing has been recorded yet with the current 'band' and probably shows that Axl has very little interest in doing so...

Saw your post after I already did mine.......Yup my thoughts exactly..........

He didn't say that. Read again.