Ron: "If we recorded an album it would be absolutely different from Chinese Democracy"

ManetsBR

but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

if this is the case then Axl or management should explain this to the guys before shit hits the fan

Bit hard when they have to go through middlemen to talk to Axl in regards to internal band affairs. Axl didn't even know what transpired between Bucket and the band, he had to hear from Merck and even Axl was skeptical about it.

Do you have any proof that Axl doesn't discuss business with his bandmates?

Other than the many Dizzy interviews prior to CD and recent stating that he can't answer some questions because only Axl knows?

I believe other members have stated the similar, as well.

Thank you!!

What about the time Dizzy said he hopes Axl will call him up when the tour starts. Or the classic Dizzy quote "I know what you guys know". Or when Bach was asked by Beta(prior to her being manager) if he wanted to do some shows.

Edited by Young_Gun

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I, this is my favorite line up since the classic band, w the exception of DJ. Axl is most definatly a procrastonator, but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

I used to believe in issues with the label. But since no other band than Guns n' Roses has these "issues" I don't anymore. It's Axl.

Axl's issues cause issues with the label. I'm sure the label would have pushed for a new record at anytime during the late 90s. By 2002 when the tour was cancelled with no record looming they had enough.

This might be true, but would you want people who have no interest but making a dollar off your name telling you when you should be recording?

I wouldn't like that, no. However I would not sign to a major record label who work on deadlines and quarterly figures amidst a diminishing business model. It was Axl's own fault. He wanted to be big and famous so he signed to a major record label. 15 years later he wants to function as if he is a free agent even though he hasn't fulfilled his contractual obligations.... Please...

These record companys have been in business for ever, they know exactly what they are getting when they sign somebody like Axl to a contract, deadlines? I dont know Im not in the music business, are you? You cant just force somebody to sit down and make up a song, it ruins the song.

Im not saying Axl is innocent in all this, believe me, correct me if Im wrong, in the Have You Met Axl thread, Somebody asked him about a new album and he said, we are working it out with the label. So thats all we have to go by, unless the label comes out and says different.

but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

if this is the case then Axl or management should explain this to the guys before shit hits the fan

Bit hard when they have to go through middlemen to talk to Axl in regards to internal band affairs. Axl didn't even know what transpired between Bucket and the band, he had to hear from Merck and even Axl was skeptical about it.

Other than the many Dizzy interviews prior to CD and recent stating that he can't answer some questions because only Axl knows?

I believe other members have stated the similar, as well.

Thank you!!

What about the time Dizzy said he hopes Axl will call him up when the tour starts. Or the classic Dizzy quote "I know what you guys know". Or when Bach was asked by Beta(prior to her being manager) if he wanted to do some shows.

So now Dizzy is the end all be all,, wasnt he torn to shit for saying this is the real Guns...

So do I, this is my favorite line up since the classic band, w the exception of DJ. Axl is most definatly a procrastonator, but why procrastonate to the point where the band, after all this time, would disintergrate again. whichh leads me to think the label is messing around.

I used to believe in issues with the label. But since no other band than Guns n' Roses has these "issues" I don't anymore. It's Axl.

Axl's issues cause issues with the label. I'm sure the label would have pushed for a new record at anytime during the late 90s. By 2002 when the tour was cancelled with no record looming they had enough.

This might be true, but would you want people who have no interest but making a dollar off your name telling you when you should be recording?

I wouldn't like that, no. However I would not sign to a major record label who work on deadlines and quarterly figures amidst a diminishing business model. It was Axl's own fault. He wanted to be big and famous so he signed to a major record label. 15 years later he wants to function as if he is a free agent even though he hasn't fulfilled his contractual obligations.... Please...

These record companys have been in business for ever, they know exactly what they are getting when they sign somebody like Axl to a contract, deadlines? I dont know Im not in the music business, are you? You cant just force somebody to sit down and make up a song, it ruins the song.

Im not saying Axl is innocent in all this, believe me, correct me if Im wrong, in the Have You Met Axl thread, Somebody asked him about a new album and he said, we are working it out with the label. So thats all we have to go by, unless the label comes out and says different.

Artists sign a contract stating they will hand in 'X' amount of records within the time of that contract buddy. That is common knowledge. You don't have to be in the music business to know that. Label executives could not give a toss about ruining a song by rushing an artist. At that time(late 90s) GnR were still a big name and anything with their name on it would have sold ALOT. You obviously have not followed individuals like Trent Reznor, George Michaels, Prince etc who have spent millions in court and litigation to try and exit their contracts early due to being unhappy with the contract they signed many years prior. The music industry has been in a steady decline for over a decade. Do you really think the label would be content with waiting for Axl to put the perfect touches on his album when every year that passes is not only costing the label more money in studio and salary costs, but diminishing their potential return due to piracy and the ease of illegal free downloading?

It's common knowledge that there are quite a few questions only Axl knows the answer to.

Except according to him those damn Managers keep scheduling tours and making decisions without consulting him............ :rolleyes:

Oh yeh, forgot about the pearler...

Edited by Young_Gun

So now Dizzy is the end all be all,, wasnt he torn to shit for saying this is the real Guns...

When he says he doesn't know the answer, why shouldn't that answer be trusted? Not a good comparison there.

So when Axl says we are working it out with the label, thats not good enough?

Are you talking again? And "band mates" LOL. That's be his employees and they have minimum input. So yes- they do go through so called middle men to get to Axl.

When he says he doesn't know the answer, why shouldn't that answer be trusted? Not a good comparison there.

When there are reports that the label washed their hands of him, I believe Axl is speaking a half-truth. I don't think he is lying there.

Label made their money back from the Best Buy deal and the international sales of Chidem. Label doesn't care about releasing a follow up and Best Buy were burnt big time by both Axl(who did nothing to promote it) and the label. Forget about another exclusive deal. Label knows where the real money is at(reunion) and Axl isn't caving.

Are you talking again? And "band mates" LOL. That's be his employees and they have minimum input. So yes- they do go through so called middle men to get to Axl.

You can be bandmates on a salary???

C'mon man. Given his track record, no, it is not good enough.

Proof? And what's with the condescending tone?

"It is this year(2006)". Yeh, that's a reliable guy right there...

Artists sign a contract stating they will hand in 'X' amount of records within the time of that contract buddy. That is common knowledge. You don't have to be in the music business to know that. Label executives could not give a toss about ruining a song by rushing an artist. At that time(late 90s) GnR were still a big name and anything with their name on it would have sold ALOT. You obviously have not followed individuals like Trent Reznor, George Michaels, Prince etc who have spent millions in court and litigation to try and exit their contracts early due to being unhappy with the contract they signed many years prior. The music industry has been in a steady decline for over a decade. Do you really think the label would be content with waiting for Axl to put the perfect touches on his album when every year that passes is not only costing the label more money in studio and salary costs, but diminishing their potential return due to piracy and the ease of illegal free downloading?

It's common knowledge that there are quite a few questions only Axl knows the answer to.

Except according to him those damn Managers keep scheduling tours and making decisions without consulting him............ :rolleyes:

Can you please show me Guns N Roses Current contract, being that its so common. They dont care? Wouldnt they want the best possible product? Why do you think so many bands wash out before they evne know what hit them? Because they were forced to sit in a room and the end result was shit music.

I agree about the GnR name, some times its not always about the money...buddy. If it was we would have had a re union.

Unfortunatly the label has very little choice or else they would be bringing Axl to court for breach of contract...no?

Dont smoke screen it w Prince n George Michael, They have nothing to do with Guns n Roses.

When there are reports that the label washed their hands of him, I believe Axl is speaking a half-truth. I don't think he is lying there.

Thats a fair statement.

This is sad. There might be lots of material from the old lineup days, and maybe Axl doesn't feel comfortable releasing them, since none of the people are in the band anymore... and then this band would have to play even more songs that they had nothing to do with. But if they are going to record with this band, what happens to all those unreleased songs? I want to hear that goddamn General!

If Axl wants to release CD2, he'll not need to record anything. I mean, everything was recorded, right?

Exatly. People seem to forget that:

-according to Tom Zutaut there were more than SEVENTY demos.

-according to several band members on several interviews there are 36 FINISHED songs.

-Best Buy paied for the production of ALL that. On the production of all that music Axl had ZERO loss, because Best Buy paied the 14 million dollars he spent on that decade producing all that music.

You do realise all the shit he went through to get his band to where it is again. Wether you like it or not, hes got other shit goin on besides making a record.

Can you please show me Guns N Roses Current contract, being that its so common. They dont care? Wouldnt they want the best possible product? Why do you think so many bands wash out before they evne know what hit them? Because they were forced to sit in a room and the end result was shit music.

I agree about the GnR name, some times its not always about the money...buddy. If it was we would have had a re union.

Unfortunatly the label has very little choice or else they would be bringing Axl to court for breach of contract...no?

Dont smoke screen it w Prince n George Michael, They have nothing to do with Guns n Roses.

Champ, with the big record labels, it IS all about the money. Labels have put out songs that artist's thought were not worthy for many years now. The label put out a whole album of songs that LeAnn Rimes did not want released. Well the label paid for the studio time and had her under contract. It damn well happened. Oasis were forced to put out a greatest hits album against their wishes.

Do they want the best possible product? Sure. Are they happy waiting 9 years for it? Obviously not. Not while music sales get further into the toilet per year. Pfft, like the record label can dictate a reunion. They would absolutely love it but Axl is not willing.

Don't smoke screen it with George and Prince? They may have nothing to do with GnR but they have plenty to do with labels which you know little about. Oh wait, yeh, I'm sure the label are content with waiting until 2050 for a good song from Axl...

You do realise all the shit he went through to get his band to where it is again. Wether you like it or not, hes got other shit goin on besides making a record.

Yes. Poor Axl.

Axl is like an unarmed robber surrounded by a swat team[record label], throwing down the gauntlet and demanding negotiations on his terms. While the guys with the machine guns[record label] try not to openly laugh in his face.

The only card Axl has left to play that would interest the label is a reunion [out of the question] or opening up the vault and releasing live shows/outtakes/DVDs of the old band. Again out of the question.

Which leaves him precisely where he is, touring while his band get increasingly bored and frustrated twiddling their thumbs.

Axl is like an unarmed robber surrounded by a swat team[record label], throwing down the gauntlet and demanding negotiations on his terms. While the guys with the machine guns[record label] try not to openly laugh in his face.

The only card Axl has left to play that would interest the label is a reunion [out of the question] or opening up the vault and releasing live shows/outtakes/DVDs of the old band. Again out of the question.

Which leaves him precisely where he is, touring while his band get increasingly bored and frustrated twiddling their thumbs.

The answer ladies and gentlemen.