Ron: "If we recorded an album it would be absolutely different from Chinese Democracy"

ManetsBR

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's obvious that an album from this line would be completely different from Chinese Democracy. Because let's face it, the members who most represented the whole feel and vibe of the Nu GN'R era, are gone... players like Robin, Buckethead and Brain.

And ESPECIALLY Paul Tobias.

That's a sports saying. It doesn't apply to musicians lol

It could be applied. if GNR would listen to the fans there might not even be any gigs to play. It would be a train wreck.

Then why did Bon Jovi ask their fans to help them select the songs for one of their albums, Manets must know which, which ended up being a monster hit? Axl is one of the few artists I can think of who tells his fans nothing and doesn't care what they think.........

So now Dizzy is the end all be all,, wasnt he torn to shit for saying this is the real Guns...

When he says he doesn't know the answer, why shouldn't that answer be trusted? Not a good comparison there.

So when Axl says we are working it out with the label, thats not good enough?

C'mon man. Given his track record, no, it is not good enough.

You do realise all the shit he went through to get his band to where it is again. Wether you like it or not, hes got other shit goin on besides making a record.

Not being sarcastic - but what is all the other "shit" he has going on that is preventing him from making a record? Specifically things that all bands don't go through?

And what is all the "shit" he had to go through to put his band together (that wasn't directly HIS fault)?

Volcano............haven't pretty much all the band members had interviews where they said they didn't know when a new record might come out? That isn't a band, that's an owner with employees.

Why are all other bands able to put out albums, but it is such a cluster with GnR?

Username and Classic have the best posts in this topic.

Other bands? let's talk about another band.

Aerosmith.

Last album of original material "Just Push Play" 2001

Next album "Music from another dimension" 2012

11 years in between albums and I did not hear 1 single fan bitch about it.

Volcano, come on man. Some of your arguments are so simple.

Don't be that guy who brings out some extreme example when somebody is making a broad point.

You actually missed an album (blues covers) in the Aerosmith catalog during those 11 years. So even your example is piss poor!!!! Would you rather have one GnR album in the last 11 years...........or three GnR albums? (Two original, one covers)???? You literally used an example that proved your point wrong. Wow.

But just for comparison............a band on the same level as GnR. What has Metallica done since 1996?

GnR..........Chinese Democracy and Greatest Hits

Metallica?

9 albums

2 box sets

5 EPS

9 DVD releases

25 singles

20 music videos

11 songs released on various albums (tribute albums, etc)

Axl and Team Brazil don't care about releasing music. That sucks for Axl's millions of fans, for you, and for all of rock music in general.

And your fan comment is just ignorant and grasping at straws.

You know what fans want? An album every 3-4 years and a couple years of touring in between. Release a couple videos from each album. Do a few tv and print interviews. Keep your fans updated on band's future plans. THAT IS IT. How is that a train wreck?????????????

Edited by Groghan

You know those North Koreans you see in propaganda movies crying their eyes out for Kim Jung Il? Throwing themselves on the ground to outdo each other in the despair stakes so they can prove themselves as the most loyal to their glorious leader?

The same applies to the die-hards still excusing this sorry state of affairs. You have to wonder, is there something in this for them, are they brainwashed, or are they just mentally ill? Maybe all three.

You know those North Koreans you see in propaganda movies crying their eyes out for Kim Jung Il? Throwing themselves on the ground to outdo each other in the despair stakes so they can prove themselves as the most loyal to their glorious leader?

The same applies to the die-hards still excusing this sorry state of affairs. You have to wonder, is there something in this for them, are they brainwashed, or are they just mentally ill? Maybe all three.

I would say you are the one mentally ill since you keep coming here to criticize a band you do not like.

I like GNR, too bad Axl is dragging the name through the mud.That's my fault according to the cultists. There is some shit I won't eat, fuck me for having a modicum of expectations for this band.

The Cultists would eat shit, pay money for it and then apologise to the band for not eating more.

Im not a nut swinger, I dont care for Beta, I beleive Fernando was the source of the leaks. I dont trust either one them.

I want new music as much as anyone, but there is no way Axl is the only reason for lack of music, thats just not reasonable, I already stated he is a procrastonator. Fact is there is nobody here to confirm anything,or deny,for that matter. A breif and vague responce from Ron doesnt mean there is no album coming out.

Kinda cut and dry here.

If he wanted to give the fans confidence for a new release, he should have said WILL be different, instead of would be, implying a hypothetical situation. Pretty simple to see not much has been done on that end.

Although, I can't comprehend why anybody with a few functioning brain cells believes there will ever be another nu guns album. There's way less reasons for why they would than for why not.

So I come here hoping to read about them and keep up with whats going on.

Whenever. Been doing this since the 90's with them. Ive accepted things with gnr will come when they come. Or they wont. Its all good.

Maybe next year.

Imagine if there had been no best buy deal and CD was just released like a regular record. The record company would have lost most of their investment. They burnt Best Buy big time by selling them that turkey, it was quite the business move on their end. But it also ensured that no other exclusive deal would ever be offered to Axl's GNR. It exposed the band as a bad investment but the record company got their money, don't give a shit and probably don't expect anything from Axl again after what he delivered with countless millions and everything he could ask for in support.

The record company frankly don't need to waste another iota of time or money on Axl again. Why put up with that bullshit circus when you don't have to? They survived for a decade without a GNR album and they proved they don't need him to ensure the viability of the company. Axl is nothing but a liability these days, an annoying prima donna who hasn't realised that the world has moved on and he isn't the star he once was. He's a relic.

CD would have sold much better in the US if not for the Bestbuy deal. I have friends in the US that have to drive over an hour to get to a Bestbuy.

Why didn't they order it online?

They haven't discovered credit cards yet, didn't you get the memo :rolleyes: Oh wait...no...studies show that most GNR fans live in the middle of bumfuck alabama.

Rednecks-3.jpg

"That yuu Loribelle, get yer pick-up an come round, I godda go to Best Buy to get me the new GNR record. We'll make it a date, I'll buy yuu a nice dress and some apple pie."

Lolcano is so pissed.....

Lolcano is nothing more than a cupcake. He contributes less than I do.

Well, did anyone ever doubted that?

Yes. People like to deny the dictatorship that is the band.

Bumblefoot basically admitted in this interview the band is a dictatorship. I wanna defend Axl as much as the few remaining ones do, but there's no excuse to have not released a new album by now.

That's a sports saying. It doesn't apply to musicians lol

No, but look who you're talking to. Lolcano, who gets owned time and time again by posters in here because he's nothing more than a dumbass cupcake.

He posted that people don't bitch about Aerosmith because it took 11 years between just push play and the 2012 record. What a dumb analogy. Aerosmith on average was releasing a new album every 3 years, they had just released 9 lives what 3 years prior? They have released so much new material over the years no one gives a flying fuck if they release shit again. That band's probably out of ideas, all that's left is their unreleased tracks.

GNR has how many songs that have been promised for released that haven't even leaked? Too many. How many times have band members such as Dj and Bumble promised new material when they haven't even played new material live, and all they've done is butcher Slash's incredible covers. Too many. Too many promises, too many non-deliveries. And as much as I've ripped Dj and Bumble, I feel apathetic to them. They have no say in the process, they feel the same way izzy does, they could get together and release a new album next week. Axl cares about nothing but pissing off his fans to prove some psychotic point, which the guy doesn't even have the balls to come in here, talk to the fans, and back it up. He has his hired hands mark mygnr as blacklisted because some posters such as bonham and bba called things as they were.

Lesson learned. Ignore cupcakes like lolcano

A trainwreck? :lol: Which is how different from the past decade hmmm?

Lmao :P

Too funny

Edited by AxlRose14

So maybe the label should drop him and sue?

Theres alot of value in the GnR name.

Just thinking, off topic but, one area I do feel like Axl,failed was giving the new members their proper introduction. Should have been more interveiws and such at that time, before CD was released. So people could put a face to the music, other then die hards.

Imagine if there had been no best buy deal and CD was just released like a regular record. The record company would have lost most of their investment. They burnt Best Buy big time by selling them that turkey, it was quite the business move on their end. But it also ensured that no other exclusive deal would ever be offered to Axl's GNR. It exposed the band as a bad investment but the record company got their money, don't give a shit and probably don't expect anything from Axl again after what he delivered with countless millions and everything he could ask for in support.

The record company frankly don't need to waste another iota of time or money on Axl again. Why put up with that bullshit circus when you don't have to? They survived for a decade without a GNR album and they proved they don't need him to ensure the viability of the company. Axl is nothing but a liability these days, an annoying prima donna who hasn't realised that the world has moved on and he isn't the star he once was. He's a relic.

CD would have sold much better in the US if not for the Bestbuy deal. I have friends in the US that have to drive over an hour to get to a Bestbuy.

Why didn't they order it online?