GNR to headline The Governors Ball in New York: June 8, 2013

highend88

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so , maybe some arenas. This show is alot of money.

Maybe they will tour america a bit more in the summer then?

Fernando told me that Gnr plan on doing a US arena tour this summer

I sure hope so. The momentum and determination of the band to break the latest album into the mainstream is unprecedented. Hopefully this coincides with a re-release of the album and a single bursts through on the radio. Street of Dreams? The United States (and other countries) obviously has great demand to see the band, otherwise they wouldn't be touring.

I sure hope so. The momentum and determination of the band to break the latest album into the mainstream is unprecedented. Hopefully this coincides with a re-release of the album and a single bursts through on the radio. Street of Dreams? The United States (and other countries) obviously has great demand to see the band, otherwise they wouldn't be touring.

Sarcasm?

Sarcasm?

You've been so busy complaining to notice The Chinese Democracy World Tour has surpassed the Use Your Illusion World Tour. I'm hoping this thing has only started and the album takes off again. There's no reason it can't. Why not? You can't give me a reason. Again, I never expected it to last this long either. When the band started touring 13 months after the album's release, I saw no logic in the decision. I thought, go back to the studio and come back when there's something else to tour behind. But, since then, they've conquered the planet with brilliant performances. There must be something behind it other than money. Maybe belief? Maybe resilience? Whatever it is, a ton of people have had the opportunity to see the band it doesn't look to be slowing down. Embrace it and if you're a fan... hope for the unprecedented. I cannot wait to see this band again and I hope they rip it up once again this summer all across America, touring in support of a re-released Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Yesterdaze

Yes I think it's safe to say that the plan for this year is to concentrate abit more on the US, and a summer US Arena tour sounds about right at this point. It's going to be interesting to see what kinds of number will be turning up at shows, since they have recently been doing club shows in the US. In Europe and Asia they are fine playing arenas and can sell them out easily, but the US has always been more of a challenge... we'll see.

Yes I think it's safe to say that the plan for this year is to concentrate abit more on the US, and a summer US Arena tour sounds about right at this point. It's going to be interesting to see what kinds of number will be turning up at shows, since they have recently been doing club shows in the US. In Europe and Asia they are fine playing arenas and can sell them out easily, but the US has always been more of a challenge... we'll see.

If the arena tour is supported by a new album (including CD leftovers) then it shouldn't be a problem. If it is more of the same then I can't imagine it would be highly successful.

Thats why they should release something to get more peoples interest again, and then start touring the US right after.

The United States (and other countries) obviously has great demand to see the band, otherwise they wouldn't be touring.

Other countries maybe but NuGnR had trouble selling out reduced capacity arenas (<8K) this past U.S. tour.......

I got into a battle with some people on the Governer's ball facebook page. I wasnt a jerk I was simply just countering the old stale arguments. Its not GNR, a link to a few bad performances, yada yada yada. Its a 3 day festival and somehow people act like theyre being forced to see GNR. Just dont go

Then after posting I said to myself "why the fuck am I defending this band? What reason have they given me to do so?" So I was conflicted to say the least

I got into a battle with some people on the Governer's ball facebook page. I wasnt a jerk I was simply just countering the old stale arguments. Its not GNR, a link to a few bad performances, yada yada yada. Its a 3 day festival and somehow people act like theyre being forced to see GNR. Just dont go

Then after posting I said to myself "why the fuck am I defending this band? What reason have they given me to do so?" So I was conflicted to say the least

It's your duty to defend them at all costs.

The same reason the drummer from the Black Keys was getting into a Twitter feud with Justin Bieber fans. Because it's amusing.

People should be allowed to have their opinions, even if it is against GnR!

Some people really don't like them. Some people don't like Axl or his voice or his diva antics over the years.

Some people don't like CD.

And all that is OK!!!! It's a free country, people are allowed to like and dislike whoever they want. And are free to voice their opinion.

People on here bash other bands all the time.

People should be allowed to have their opinions, even if it is against GnR!

Some people really don't like them. Some people don't like Axl or his voice or his diva antics over the years.

Some people don't like CD.

And all that is OK!!!! It's a free country, people are allowed to like and dislike whoever they want. And are free to voice their opinion.

People on here bash other bands all the time.

It's not right to purposely log into a forum day after day after day just to post "your opinion" especially when it's the same old "opinion" over and over again.

Edited by volcano62