GNR to headline The Governors Ball in New York: June 8, 2013

highend88

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, no offence, but what's with dragging your Mom to the shows?

Hey I go to concerts all the time with my adult children. We all like the same music and believe me it's very cool to share the bands I loved when I was their age with them now.

PS I don't look like a typical mom. I'm a "rock" mom! lol

Nice!

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be attending tomorrow, so if I decide not to I'd like to sell my ticket to someone who can use it :)

Not even sure they WILL play for sure now with the weather, tonight they cancelled some acts :(

What age is Powerage? Doesn't this cramp his style, with his Mom looking over his shoulder everywhere he goes? What does he do if some hot chick starts grinding on his junk at a show? Introduce her to his Mom? :lol:

I'm sure if the only place he could pick up was at a gig he might think twice about it, but evidently that isn't the case, so big deal, they go to gigs together? I think it's great that his Mum can relate to hers son's interests. There are so many parents in this world who need to make a bit for effort in that regard. They might understand their kids a hell of a lot better if they did. I doubt MamaPowerage is tagging along to a club or bar with him. :rolleyes:

I go to concerts with my parents quite regularly, more with my Dad though. The last thing we saw together was Neil Young with Crazy Horse and we had an awesome time. It was a great experience and you get to hang out in a way that other opportunities don't always avail. My Dad's cool and so apparently is MamaPowerage. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the show! I am guessing it will be longer than any other show this year.

Based on what, exactly? Posts like this drive me crazy. It's not going to be longer. They're going to play the exact same songs they always play. They're not playing anything new, they're not going to play anything different from the Illusions. Stop with the ridiculous speculation.

Dude, no offence, but what's with dragging your Mom to the shows?

She loves the music, that's all there is to it. When I was growing up we were always able to bond over concerts, and just kept having fun with it once I was old enough to drive :shrugs:

I think that's great. My son and I were the same way until his musicsl interests changed. We went to several concerts together and had a blast. It's nice to drop the "clean up your room. do your homework" stuff and just have fun together.

I cant think of much worth playing from UYI. They play all the best stuff.

What are you babbling about? The best song off of the Illusions has never been played live. By any version of the band.

So true. There are multiple UYI songs worth playing again. What a dumb statement.