BUMBLEFOOT Says Waiting For A New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Get Done Is 'Just Too Much' - Feb. 7, 2013

bumblecool

In regards to a new album I see it as a very difficult situation. Take the fact that albums dont sell like they use to and the fact that Axl has recorded a bunch of songs with musicians that are no longer in the band and its the perfect storm for disaster. BBF wants to put out an album of all "new" material (I assume) but in reality thats not likely to happen. the next album will be like CD with a melting pot of musicians and pieced together.

As for the HOF: I think it would have been cool if Axl showed and played with the classic guys... I see no reason why the HOF couldnt have recognized CD as part of GnR's history and allowed a performance of Better with the new guys and SCOM with the classic guys then bring the house down with PC with everyone on stage. Not saying BBF deserved to be inducted but he could have been part of the preformance. Lots of options that were not done, probably due to egos and the HOF wanting to take credit for getting the classic line up together again. Sad really

Agreed with both points. I don't know why people assume Ron is referring to something being worked out with regards to the new band being inducted. It could be and may more likely be in reference to the new band playing.

Ali

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's wise of axl to spare himself and his current band the embarrassment of releasing new material. best not to dilute the potency of gnr's nostalgia act with unnecessary new music. seems to be more of a hassle than it's worth in the long run. touring the classics is where axl's bread is buttered.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

I seriously doubt the HOF told Axl his new band couldn't perform, so maybe he did want them inducted. They let Blondie perform with her new band, and for VH's induction they had VR & Hagar/Anthony do different songs. If Axl said he would come if the new band could perform, they would have had him do a song and the old line up do one, no way they would have said no. Maybe he wanted the HOF lineup to be denied a performance?

The thing is, the masses don't care about the output of a Slash-less Guns N' Roses. Doesn't matter if it's old nu or new nu. Axl confirmed their doubts with Chinese Democracy. That was his shot to prove to the world he could carry on Guns N' Roses without the contributions of Slash and co and he blew it. The label will never give him another dime to work on new stuff unless he gives them a reunion.

Now "Guns N' Roses" are only valuable as a nostalgic touring act.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp. This denial period you all still seem to be in never fails to be hilarious.

Regarding Jarmo saying it's about the label, that's the truth. The odds are Chinese Democracy II is with the label, but it's a matter of negotiating the manner/finance/method of its release. Then subsequent promotion/marketing strategy.

On the ludicrous claim Axl wanted the new band inducted with the AFD/UYI eras, all that he wanted was there to be a capacity for his camp to attend without prejudice/and perhaps offer the new band an opportunity to canvass their talents.

HOF is about achievement, not about opportunities to new bands to display their talents.

And it's not like playing at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame is the only way to allow them to "display their talents." There's a think called a record, and you release music on it. They can shows their talents on there.

Regarding Jarmo saying it's about the label, that's the truth. The odds are Chinese Democracy II is with the label, but it's a matter of negotiating the manner/finance/method of its release. Then subsequent promotion/marketing strategy.

On the ludicrous claim Axl wanted the new band inducted with the AFD/UYI eras, all that he wanted was there to be a capacity for his camp to attend without prejudice/and perhaps offer the new band an opportunity to canvass their talents.

The night was specifically about honoring the people that actually gave weight to the name. The nu lineup had nothing to do with that.

There was no way the HOF was going to let the nu band play the inductees' songs with the inductees actually being there. Axl should have sucked it up, and accepted reality. But sadly, we got what we got.

Edited by Bobbo

Now "Guns N' Roses" are only valuable as a nostalgic touring act.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp. This denial period you all still seem to be in never fails to be hilarious.

the only thing funnier than a naked emperor are the few peasants insisting he still has clothes.

yeah, axl wanted to launch a nugnr and take over the world again. but that was ten years ago. get with reality, guys. that ship has sailed. axl's a touring nostalgia act now, which i think is a great thing. that's all i really expect anyways. who looks to 50 year old hair metal rockers for new art?

Finally it is confirmed , that Axl indeed wanted something else from the HOF, and it wasn't just that he didn't recognize their credibility. It's obvious he wanted his nu-band in which is ridiculous since that band of employees he runs has nothing to do with the induction or what made GNR known and popular.

Trujillo, who the forum clown mentioned is only 1/4th of a band that basically is Hetfield and Ulrich, who along with Kirk have written all of the material of Metallica since day 1.

It is not confirmed that Axl wanted the new band inducted. That's a leap you are making. He mentioned in his press release that he was trying to work something out with the HOF, that's nothing new. It could very well have been in regards to a performance.

Ali

Everything new-GnR does makes old-GnR look better =) Axl makes bad job handling the GnR, 1 album in 15 years compared to old GnR that is just too sad =(

I still don't get it why Axl hates Slash so much?? They were like brothers..What happened man?!?!?

Ron gives the best interviews of anybody in the band, hands down. Always seems honest and informative.

Sad that this band can't get together and record an album. Thousands upon thousands of touring bands have been able to find the time to write and record, but for some reason this band cannot? Lame.

As for the HOF being brought into this conversation. Funny how the Axl cult members all now hate the HOF, just because Axl chose not to participate. I guarantee you that if Axl had showed up, performed, and said what a huge honor it was, Volcano and is ilk would be on here praising and saying how they've always loved and respected the HOF. So sad that your opinions in life all revolve around Axl Rose and Slash.

Ron gives the best interviews of anybody in the band, hands down. Always seems honest and informative.

Sad that this band can't get together and record an album. Thousands upon thousands of touring bands have been able to find the time to write and record, but for some reason this band cannot? Lame.

As for the HOF being brought into this conversation. Funny how the Axl cult members all now hate the HOF, just because Axl chose not to participate. I guarantee you that if Axl had showed up, performed, and said what a huge honor it was, Volcano and is ilk would be on here praising and saying how they've always loved and respected the HOF. So sad that your opinions in life all revolve around Axl Rose and Slash.

Nailed it. Whatever Axl does or supports, is apparently the right thing. I wonder how Axl actually feels knowing that people follow him blindly? Actually, I don't need to answer that question. Just look at the people he surrounds himself with, and read the three books from his former band mates. That says everything.

Great interview! Finally someone in the 'band' acknowledges what was pretty fucking obvious anyway: no new music recorded or plans to do so with the current lineup.

I believe Axl just thinks of this lineup as a 'touring' support band, not a music writing one.

Very well-put! Agreed!

Yeah Axl wanted HOF status for a band who shares a name of a famous band. A band that hadn't yet been together for 3 years and had recorded nothing at the time of the ceremony. LOL.

Rob Trujillo

That's one guy.... Not 7.

Ok So then Tommy should have been included.