BUMBLEFOOT Says Waiting For A New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Get Done Is 'Just Too Much' - Feb. 7, 2013

bumblecool

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep wishing, Snowcage. You guys like to like to make a big deal out of these statements, but time and time again things go on as normal afterward.

Agreed.

You keep hearing that over and over after every little incident, perceived and real, but nothing has come of it yet.

Ali

Yeah Axl wanted HOF status for a band who shares a name of a famous band. A band that hadn't yet been together for 3 years and had recorded nothing at the time of the ceremony. LOL.

Rob Trujillo

That's one guy.... Not 7.

He had fuck all to do with Metallica's success and he's a "hall of famer"

So even after being named a new member of the band toured with them up until the point of the HOF, he's supposed to sit in the crowd?

To be honest, concert sales aren't that great anymore unless he is playing a big event or festival. In the US they are getting 3-to-5,000 people a show. I can't remember if it was 2010 or 2011 but they were like the 75th highest grossing tour, while Motley Crue was I think in the 30s.

The old band was selling out stadiums and breaking records. The current band isn't even breaking the top 50, playing weddings and vegas. Its show and he can do whatever he wants - and maybe this is what he wants. Just seems weird to keep the GnR name alive to do what he is doing.

don't lie.

So Myles and Gilby are associated with VR?

Yes you fool. Both associate with that side of the GN'R divide, the Slash camp. Whose terms do VR run on? Slash. Who is Slash's current vocallist? Myles.

Where was the accomodation for Axl's camp? None whatsoever. Turn up if you want Axl, to an event we've made exclusive to ex-bandmates of yours you don't particularly hold close ties with. The HOF made it impossible for Axl.

We don't know what his requests were to the HOF. Do you go out of your way to appease one member and risk alienating all the other inductees of the band? The band as a whole was inducted, not one man. They essentially told DLR to fuck off because he didn't get what he wanted, and they did the same to Axl. Good for them.

I think Axl's requests were:

You have to induct the Chinese Democracy members and the current members as well.

Only my current band is allowed to perform under Gn'R name.

I will attend to the ceremony and give my speech after confirmation that Slash left the building.

Slash cannot talk or mention my name or Guns N' Roses during his speech.

The Hall of Fame must engrave my name only with the names of the current members of my band.

__

The HOF reaction was: :rofl-lol: and that's why he did not attend. Very understandable though.

You have to induct the Chinese Democracy members and the current members as well.

I will attend to the ceremony and give my speech after confirmation that Slash left the building.

The Hall of Fame must engrave my name only with the names of the current members of my band.

__

The HOF reaction was: :rofl-lol: and that's why he did not attend. Very understandable though.

The sad part is that looks like it could be 100% true.

__

The sad part is that looks like it could be 100% true.

Yeah it's sad and I'm pretty sure my list is accurate but who knows, maybe he only asked them to remove Slash and Steven from the ceremony and induction. Either way the HOF laughed at his face and he decided not to go. :lol:

We don't know what his requests were to the HOF. Do you go out of your way to appease one member and risk alienating all the other inductees of the band? The band as a whole was inducted, not one man. They essentially told DLR to fuck off because he didn't get what he wanted, and they did the same to Axl. Good for them.

From a Hall standpoint, you want the biggest draw. Who's the bigger catch, the corporate enthusiasts or the so called recluse? And who would be objecting to a brief new GN'R cameo if it meant getting Axl's participation? Duff has opened for and performed with them. The only person I viably see disagreeing and jostling up an opposition would be Slash. Which is narrow minded and anti-compromise. It would be equally annoying for Axl to have to endure the other camp's performance. Furthermore, there is a sizable element within the current GN'R fanbase, not the lukewarm fans' whose interest is confined to the hits, that considered Chinese Democracy as part of the overall history of GN'R. There was a total isolation of anybody of that viewpoint. It was a Velvet Revolver/Slash affair.

The evidence to substantiate such an unreasonable/fascist itinery of stipulations clearly directly initiated by Axl is conclusive.

Axl was never going to accomodate a schedule which awkwardly pits him into a situation encouraging the idea of a reunion, after opposing such an idea for years.

Except for Buckethead and Robin leaving. DOH!

I thought this topic was about comments made by Bumblefoot.

Different people means different situations.

Ali

So a running theme with several people isn't relevant? How convenient.

It's only a running theme if you know for sure that the reasons why the left are all the same. Statements have been made as to why Buckethead left GN'R. Robin left GN'R briefly, came back, and left again. We don't know why he left the 2nd time. BBF has not left. There is no "running theme" that I can see.

Ali

This isn't 1991 where Axl controls everything and everyone. Outside of his hired hands, he can take the terms or shut up.

/honesty

Poor Axl. I can't believe someone didn't go to the lengths of hell to suit his every demand even though the show can and did continue without him. That mean old HOF.

/passion

Except for Buckethead and Robin leaving. DOH!

I thought this topic was about comments made by Bumblefoot.

Different people means different situations.

Ali

So a running theme with several people isn't relevant? How convenient.

It's only a running theme if you know for sure that the reasons why the left are all the same. Statements have been made as to why Buckethead left GN'R. Robin left GN'R briefly, came back, and left again. We don't know why he left the 2nd time. BBF has not left. There is no "running theme" that I can see.

Ali

Yeah, I'm sure this is the first time a band member has grown tired of not releasing new material.

The evidence to substantiate such an unreasonable/fascist itinery of stipulations clearly directly initiated by Axl is conclusive.

Axl was never going to accomodate a schedule which awkwardly pits him into a situation encouraging the idea of a reunion, after opposing such an idea for years.

And I agree. It was pretty clear he wasn't going to attend. I have voiced my opinion about this particular subject and I supported and still support Axl's decision.

In regards to a new album I see it as a very difficult situation. Take the fact that albums dont sell like they use to and the fact that Axl has recorded a bunch of songs with musicians that are no longer in the band and its the perfect storm for disaster. BBF wants to put out an album of all "new" material (I assume) but in reality thats not likely to happen. the next album will be like CD with a melting pot of musicians and pieced together.

As for the HOF: I think it would have been cool if Axl showed and played with the classic guys... I see no reason why the HOF couldnt have recognized CD as part of GnR's history and allowed a performance of Better with the new guys and SCOM with the classic guys then bring the house down with PC with everyone on stage. Not saying BBF deserved to be inducted but he could have been part of the preformance. Lots of options that were not done, probably due to egos and the HOF wanting to take credit for getting the classic line up together again. Sad really

THIS.