Don't you just wanna go back to 2006?

AndreCC

Back to those Hammerstein shows, where a new album seemed to be just around the corner.

When surprisingly we got to hear first hand the songs before they came out! Nothing was expecting that which made it even more cool!

When there was this cool vibe about the band being finally on the track to make a good career with the new members. Hell i miss that!

Thats the thing though, the album wasn't just 'around the corner'. Had you been told in 2006 of what you'd prefer - The album being out for a few years and constant touring or a fairly strong 8 month tour and then Axl going into obscurity again and not hearing from him until 2009, I'm sure you'd be happy with the current situation.

I made the trek to attend the last show. It was the first time seeing axl in four years and he sounded/looked great.

I really do think he is on medication because his fire seems to b gone after 2010. Beta and her kids take over the band, and all of a sudden axl is a giant pussy with no fire in his stomach and I don't think that's a coincidence.

I was at Hammerstein, so I'd definitely go back to see and feel that again. It was the first time I had seen Axl live. I was also at Philly 2002, but we all know how that turned out.

But if I'm choosing a date to go back in time to for this band, it's well before 2006. Like 20 years.

Edited by magisme

Back to those Hammerstein shows, where a new album seemed to be just around the corner.

When surprisingly we got to hear first hand the songs before they came out! Nothing was expecting that which made it even more cool!

When there was this cool vibe about the band being finally on the track to make a good career with the new members. Hell i miss that!

You would want to go back in time. The way you keep changing your username I bet you wish you someone else as well. Do you like men? Serious question. There is no wrong answer.

I think a lot of "fans" here should go back to 1987.

When Guns actually released music on a regular enough basis?

See unlike you i'm not depressed about not having any new music. I enjoy what I already have immensely. I've been through those days and don't need them back.

I think a lot of "fans" here should go back to 1987.

When Guns actually released music on a regular enough basis?

See unlike you i'm not depressed about not having any new music. I enjoy what I already have immensely. I've been through those days and don't need them back.

Forgive me for wanting new music from my favorite band.

i think it was easier for fans to still believe in axl's vision or plan for gnr before CD came out.

True story. I wasn't sure, but I had a sort of blind faith that Axl would pull it off. Then the leaks came out. Then the album came out. It's been downhill from there.

I was living in Seattle and i went to all the Hammerstein shows. It was pretty surprising that the Leaks came along with it. I only got to know songs leaked a few days before the 1st show. It was an amazing vibe and without Buckethead the band looked cooler and less out of place.

It's true that the plans for releasing the album failed, but in the end we had the leaks, so that ended up covering that fact, and it ended up being the greatest year in GNR History since the break up.

I truly believe that if stuff didn't have leaked, we would still be waiting for the album, or maybe it would have been released in 2011 or last year.

I made this thread because i feel that we as GNR fans now, we're stuck with no way out. We got to know from Bumblefoot that aparently the album is not coming soon, neither he knows if there's gonna be a new album. And on top of that, we know for sure that there's not a change we will have any leaks in between to compensate for that. As it happened in 2006/07.

I don't think that there is anything out there to begin with, as Axl learned his lesson and did everything he could to lock his "vault".

Which leaves us to remember those great times we had in 2006.

Yes, back to the good old days of waiting for Chinese Democracy and arguing over whether it's coming out this year or never. That would be a refreshing change of pace.

Edited by Flayer

If you could time travel, why go back to 2006 and not 1987?