About people complaining towards Axl's voice

iftheworld

OP is obviously trolling and being ironic so not gonna bother replying to him.

Thanks for sharing high. That was magical. His voice was perfect and the band was spot on. Great video!

I'm not sure what's the most tragic, Axl growing old and losing his voice or his desperate computer-fans who claim his voice is perfect and everything he does is magical no matter what. Actually, it's an insult to the good old Axl voice we all remember him for (80s/90s).

I disagree, on that Knockin' On Heaven's Door clip his voice was good. Did you not listen to it?

Thanks for sharing high. That was magical. His voice was perfect and the band was spot on. Great video!

I'm not sure what's the most tragic, Axl growing old and losing his voice or his desperate computer-fans who claim his voice is perfect and everything he does is magical no matter what. Actually, it's an insult to the good old Axl voice we all remember him for (80s/90s).

I disagree, on that Knockin' On Heaven's Door clip his voice was good. Did you not listen to it?

No he didn't. Some people can't accept the changes Axl has made in his life. It's funny because the same people would go see them in a heartbeat.

Was good for 3 seconds, after that full awful Mickey Mouse.

I wish the band would go back to the 2002 version of KOHD.

On topic, I think his clean voice works really well for some songs, others (Estranged, Nightrain, This I Love come to mind) not so much. I've said it before, but when you're at the show his clean voice has tons of power. You can still hear him go mickey at points, but it's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Even soundboard recordings, most of the time, sound ridiculously flat. When you're 10 feet away from Axl and he's singing clean, his voice is almost soaring.

A lot of the vocals on CD were done between 2001-2003. Listening to the multitracks, you can tell pretty easy. I hope the next album has at least *some* of the vocals recorded around then, because they work so well with the style of music that band produced.

I've been to shows and heard mickey. His voice is far from soaring.

The worst part about the RQ recording is that you can pretty much hear the lack of effort on Axl's part. I really don't think it's age. He sounded great two years ago. WTF.

He has moments where he goes mickey, I didn't deny that, but he also does use his clean voice really well in certain spots.

I guess touring has kinda just become his job, right? Maybe something happened after the 2010 tour ended, maybe it was all the shit he got from Rio. Maybe when he improved from Rio and was still getting shit on he went "well fuck it then, I'll give 'em Jungle and a few others and the rest is just an obligation". Someone needs to piss him off so he does the show angry.

This is Rocket Queen from the same day. Not fake, not tampered and unmodified. Goddamn, this is awful.

If all the "Axl is saving his voice! He can still sing well on the albums!" defenders are right, you would think he would have upped his game for a worldwide radio broadcast.

But, alas.

I stayed up until 5am to record that XM broadcast in FLAC and ended up deleting the whole show afterwards. Just absolute trash.

He has moments where he goes mickey, I didn't deny that, but he also does use his clean voice really well in certain spots.

I guess touring has kinda just become his job, right? Maybe something happened after the 2010 tour ended, maybe it was all the shit he got from Rio. Maybe when he improved from Rio and was still getting shit on he went "well fuck it then, I'll give 'em Jungle and a few others and the rest is just an obligation". Someone needs to piss him off so he does the show angry.

I hear ya. I'm just not a fan of Axl's clean voice. Really not a fan. But to each their own.

And we're trying to piss him off, but the mods won't let us. I kid!!! I kid!!! :tongue2:

I hear ya. I'm just not a fan of Axl's clean voice. Really not a fan. But to each their own.

And we're trying to piss him off, but the mods won't let us. I kid!!! I kid!!! :tongue2:

"Clean voice" wouldn't be the last part of Rocket Queen in the Live Era CD? There's a difference between "clean voice" and "awful Mickey Mouse voice".

"Clean voice" wouldn't be the last part of Rocket Queen in the Live Era CD? There's a difference between "clean voice" and "awful Mickey Mouse voice".

Thats the 2012 clean voice version lol

End of RQ live era is relatively clean, but there's still enough friction and rasp to his voice to prevent it from turning into falsetto parody. You're right, though. I'm using Mickey and "clean" as somewhat interchangeable terms for current Axl. So how would we differentiate between the awful mickey in the RQ posted in the thread and the awful Mickey that is full, relatively under control, but still awful?

Hit and miss. Sometimes his vocals sound bad, sometimes his vocals sound good. You can't just pretend the bad performances are the only ones and that he can't sing well at all anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkXQ-AW6u0M&list=FLAuM8uXrMbb5BNcAG-9MiWg&index=126

There's two decent ones.

Edited by Flayer