About people complaining towards Axl's voice

iftheworld

How lately is lately? He goes through ups and downs more or less constantly. Rock in Rio was terrible, then later that week he does outstanding shows in Chile and Argentina. The USA shows were some hit and some miss, but then Philadelphia and half of the Up Close and Personal ones were comparable to 2010. He fucks up the Bridge Benefit show but then most of the Vegas club shows were pretty good.

There's not really a discernable pattern of decline post-2010. He'll probaby never have the consistently strong vocals of 2010 again, but there's been enough up and down that you really can't say he's worse now than in 2011.

Edited by Flayer

Eddie Vedder, Bruce Dickinson...however, I love Axl in all his different forms...obviously, I'd love to hear sing the way he used to, but people age, and I can accept his changes.

For me, it would really be cool if he cool sound like in the Illusions in any future recording, and I think he can, if you have any doubt, just listen to the songs in Bach's Angel Down, that's the Axl I fell in love with!!!

Eddie Vedder does not rock.

His voice now would be awesome to hear on an album.

Yes - here's a soundboard from 2 months ago - he sounds just like the old days!

Or not.

That sounded damn good to me.

Me too. He sounded fine. Band sounded tight. They take these songs to a new level.

Axl is by far my favorite singer of all time and I really want to believe he's "still got it", but thats not close to what I hear at all. Maybe the potential is stil there, but it sounds to me like he lost a lot of strength in his diaphragm during those off years he took, and while there were a few periods where he sounded like he might have gotten it back he clearly hasn't done enough to maintain it, which is something a professional vocalist should be expected to do.

I'm not saying I expect to hear the voice from the early 90's, can't turn back the clock, but I do believe he could sound a hell of a lot better than he does. A little conditioning could go a long way. Roger Daltry comes to mind, the guy has been singing twice as long as Axl and he sounds fucking great these days because he's in good shape and he rehearses regularly.

Edited by sweetness

complain what u want but this is what it's like to be at a GNR show...i pitty those who don't go see them due to being stuck in the past

video recorded by a friend of mine in london june 1 (second date, not the one recorded for streaming)

I've been to guns shows and seen this. I've been to shows at bars with a capacity of 75 and seen this. Not sure what this proves.

And Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse that entire video.

Edited by magisme

That RQ soundboard ... it's not even the voice that gets me, or the lack of power. It's just ... it sounds like he doesn't care.

Compare it to the old days, look past the rasp/clean argument. You can hear a drive and passion that doesn't seem to be there. Or it might just be me ...

But even if you don't go back to the '90s. Go back two years.

complain what u want but this is what it's like to be at a GNR show...i pitty those who don't go see them due to being stuck in the past

video recorded by a friend of mine in london june 1 (second date, not the one recorded for streaming)

Tell your friend to stop recording holding the phone vertically. Makes the video unwatchable.

That RQ soundboard ... it's not even the voice that gets me, or the lack of power. It's just ... it sounds like he doesn't care.

Compare it to the old days, look past the rasp/clean argument. You can hear a drive and passion that doesn't seem to be there. Or it might just be me ...

But even if you don't go back to the '90s. Go back two years.

Completely agree.

Maybe he doesn't care anymore?

I recall a poster on here saying that it's possible that he doesn't push his voice anymore because maybe the record company doesn't want to release any more music. Maybe he doesn't feel that he should use his full force in his voice is he's just touring "Greatest Hits" tours, instead of playing brand new music. I know it's a stretch, but it's also a possibility.

That could be why in 2006 he sounded great, same with 2010. Maybe the album was suppose to come out in 2006/2007, so he wanted to sound very good and put on great shows so when it comes out it sells good. But, it came out in 2008. Maybe in 2010 we were supposed to get a new album, but they have a falling through with the record company, and it didn't happen.

It's possible that Axl doesn't seem to care anymore because he knows there's no future in the band? Maybe that's why everytime he asked about new music, he mentions "the label." Maybe if they were to release new music, he would use the rasp and power again for the new songs.

Even in 2002 when he had the mickey mouse thing going, he still seemed pretty determined. These last couple of years it is like he just doesn't have the motivation.

Agreed.

Boston 2002 was awesome, i can feel his energy.

I hate it when people remind me of the good shows from 2002. Boston was really good. MSG was really good. Next shows were back to back nights in Philly. My brother and I had tickets to both. Being that we were both a tad too young to see Guns in the 90s, it was going to be a first for us. Couldn't have been more excited. We all know what happened next. Our first show ended up being opening night at Hammerstein. I'll never forget seeing Axl charge to the front of the stage during the opening riffs of Jungle.

I'll always regret never seeing the classic lineup, but he still had some intense energy in 06.

I'm such a hater.

His voice now would be awesome to hear on an album.

Yes - here's a soundboard from 2 months ago - he sounds just like the old days!

Or not.

That sounded damn good to me.

if this sound good for you, then you are officially retarded.

It's not like different opinions thing, this is just bad. Horrible shit.

if this sounds good for you, then you are a moron or a cupcake.

Or just you are really deaf

OP is obviously trolling and being ironic so not gonna bother replying to him.

Thanks for sharing high. That was magical. His voice was perfect and the band was spot on. Great video!

I'm not sure what's the most tragic, Axl growing old and losing his voice or his desperate computer-fans who claim his voice is perfect and everything he does is magical no matter what. Actually, it's an insult to the good old Axl voice we all remember him for (80s/90s).

I disagree, on that Knockin' On Heaven's Door clip his voice was good. Did you not listen to it?

yup. his voice was decent. But nowhere near as the 2010 voice. Even not the 2006 voice

You can't just pretend the bad performances are the only ones and that he can't sing well at all anymore.

agreed

But the main problem is: most of the 2011-2012 tours, he sounded bad. very bad.

Like "i'm gonna do this show, then get hammered" No effort there.

That's the problem

But i don't blame him, because it's is very boring and frustrating, if that you MUST sing those songs 10000X times

Edited by Crash Diet