Eric Dover on Chinese Democracy, Sebastian Bach on Axl's vocal coach

Amir

I met the guy who did this interview, Ivanhe Martin, outside the L'Arc gig back in 2010. Cool dude, kept in contact with him since, I help him out with sending questions in English for him to ask.

The hair-metal supergroup Lost Angels was in France recently and I thought you guys might like to hear what Eric Dover thought of Chinese:

"Eric Dover : Quand j’ai écouté cet album la première fois, je l’ai trouvé vraiment excellent. Les sonorités sont à la fois modernes et industrielles. C’est sa vision du monde qu’il a tenu à immortaliser en chansons. Mais il faut avoir un certain caractère pour le suivre. Vois-tu, je comprends pourquoi les fans on été déçus d’apprendre la scission des anciens membres mais je n’ai aucun avis sur le sujet."

http://www.lagrosser...de-vaureal.html

My translation (French members feel free to re-translate, my French is a bit rusty): When I heard the album for the first time, I thought it was truly amazing. It had a really modern and industrial sound to it. It's [Axl'] vision/worldview which he's trying to immortalise in song. But you have to be of a certain character/mindset to be able to get it. You see, I can understand why fans were disappointed by the breakup of the old band, but I have no opinion on the matter."

Ivanhe also did a cool interview with Sebastian Bach a while back, caveat that something might have got lost in him translating from English to French back to English and me helping him touch him up, so the last sentence could have been a number of different things:

Your vocal-performance on this record reminds me of « Slave To The Grind ».

SB : That is because I have been doing a couple of Italian warm-up exercises that are called Bel Canto. These warm-ups allowed me to concentrate on getting the right tones. I always get to meet people often that want me to sing Skid Row songs with them, but I refuse since my voice is too precious. I have to keep it protected. I do vocal exercises all the time, I have been doing it for years. Since 1988. It is like practicing gymnastics. In fact, Jon Bon Jovi introduced me Professor Donlon from Manhattan when I was 20 or 21 years old. It gets harder and harder to sing from night to night. When I was your age, probably even younger, I used to sing without any warm-up. Now, I take it very seriously. Thus why I am dedicated to Bel Canto and I am not the only one : Tony Bennett, Dee Snider, Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera have the same vocal coach as me. Youave to realize that everyone in this business uses this technique. Except Axl Rose. I told him to go meet Donlon, but it made him sick seeing him.

http://www.verdammni...ERVIEW_2012.pdf

Originally it read "You say love Axl Rose, it is I who say to go see Donlon but it made ​​him sick to do that.", then I suggested the translation above.

Confusing, I know :P Still, I thought this might be of interest.

EDIT: Just realised I missed an opportunity to make a "Chinese Whispers" pun. Shit.

Edited by Amir

God help Eric Dover had the Axlites caught wind of him being critical and/or negative.

Now the general consensus will be "Eric's a great guy." and "I always thought he was the best of Slash's singers". :jerkoff:

But he was the best. Stop trying to start an argument cupcake.

God help Eric Dover had the Axlites caught wind of him being critical and/or negative.

Now the general consensus will be "Eric's a great guy." and "I always thought he was the best of Slash's singers". :jerkoff:

Eric shows huge guts standing up to Slash's minions to say what he did. There is no bias in what he is saying. It's true that people are just not advanced enough to understand the brilliance of CD. Each song is like a commandment and will survive the test of time.

Straw man.

Stop trying to start an argument cupcake.

Straw man.

Stop trying to start an argument cupcake.

Cop out.

But he was the best. Stop trying to start an argument cupcake.

He was n`t, like it or not Scott Weiland was the best vocalist Slash has worked with since his GNR heydays

Edited by Dark Knight