What is the biggest obstacle for the new album?

Rustycage

Biggest obstacle  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say motivation is the biggest problem, but it's the lack of it is there as well. My opinion is that Axl does this NEW GNR band project for the money. And whatever grants him the big bucks is what Axl will do. Touring is what makes musicians rich, they make millions of dollars. As for creating and releasing albums, that doesn't grant them much money so that's why we don't have as many albums as tours.

I think that there is a lack of positioning and demanding by the Label as well in regards to new albums. They don't seem to pressure Axl that much as far as releasing new albums. They lost 15 years waiting for Axl's record, lost millions of dollars in the process. And now we're already in 5th year after Chinese Democracy and it seems like there isn't much pressure from the Label after all that happened with the previous record.

Maybe they did some kind of a deal with Axl to share a better percentage of Axl's gains in touring, and that way they can allow Axl to do whatever he wants and tour as long as he wants. Maybe!

But it seems that Axl is only driven by money this days.

Sure he could make more money with a reunion, but i guess that's something that in Axl's mind is not possible to even consider.

No disrespect intentions on my view anyways.

Edited by AndreCC

I voted record company. I think that an option about Axl being a perfectionist should be added. Maybe even an option about Axl fearing that it may flop (he'd be crazy for thinking this).

ARC - if Axl was as really concerned about money like you say he is then wouldn't he just reunite with Slash?

When are you going to leak those 8 songs you insisted you had?

I would say the failure of Chinese Democracy to connect to the masses.

I think Axl doesn't want to put out another failure, and add fuel to the fire that he couldn't make an overall successful Slashless (and co) Guns N' Roses record. I think he's scared. There's no hype or mystique wonder this time around. The album would succeed or fail based solely on how people take to the material this time around. And I think that puts enormous amounts of pressure on him. He's so worn and torn now, and I just don't think he has that drive or piss and vinegar to try anymore. Especially when he makes such easy cash milking nostalgia.

I also think on top of that, the record company is not going out of it's way to really put bank on Axl anymore because he crashed and burned so bad with Chinese Democracy. And who can blame them? Why invest more time, effort, and money in something that doesn't really have a significant audience?

I voted record company. I think that an option about Axl being a perfectionist should be added. Maybe even an option about Axl fearing that it may flop (he'd be crazy for thinking this).

Added

Cheers. We should try to get the band to core as well lol

Cal polls be asked on Paradise City?

Lack of demand.

The world isn't really holding its breath waiting for a nugnr album.

True. But same can be said for most classic rock bands. Who really gives a shit if Black Sabbath puts out a new record? Die-hards excluded...

More people than if Ozzy just hired of a bunch of no names and released a record under the Sabbath name. This applies even more so to Axl.

Lack of demand.

The world isn't really holding its breath waiting for a nugnr album.

True. But same can be said for most classic rock bands. Who really gives a shit if Black Sabbath puts out a new record? Die-hards excluded...

Well, the difference is those other bands advertise themselves as nostalgia.

ARC - if Axl was as really concerned about money like you say he is then wouldn't he just reunite with Slash?

arc is andrecc right?

arc is andrecc right?

Yes, i am!

arc is andrecc right?

Yes, i am!

men, you fooled everyone

I think this would be perfect timing for Axl to come down to the forums and explain the status of the band and a new album and give us a bone to chew on

+1!!!

I vote for Axl motivation. But how about Bucket, Robin and Brain, they was the most important members of nuGNR, and they left. Now Axl's stuck with the CD material.

Just threw that in there, too.

"Where do we go?" ;)

That's why I can't blame the label. Even if they are holding it up, there's ways around em. It may not be the most traditional way but for someone like Axl that poses as an independent kinda guy, there's plenty of independent alternatives to get your stuff out there. Itunes isn't some rinky dink little operation, they have sold over 25 billion songs in a little over 10 years. The perfect alternative to Best Buy-ish exclusivity.

That's why I can't blame the label. Even if they are holding it up, there's ways around em. It may not be the most traditional way but for someone like Axl that poses as an independent kinda guy, there's plenty of independent alternatives to get your stuff out there. Itunes isn't some rinky dink little operation, they have sold over 25 billion songs in a little over 10 years. The perfect alternative to Best Buy-ish exclusivity.

I don't think Axl just can go his independent ways as long as Guns N' Roses is under contract with a label. I believe that contract prohibits just that.

I'm torn between Axl's motivation and his fear of failure. I'd imagine the two are somewhat intertwined. I think Axl cares way too much what people think about him. How CD was received probably ripped him apart. That's the problem with putting so much emphasis on one album. Other bands can put out poor albums (for arguments sake, let's just say CD is a poor album) and get over it by putting out another album within a few years. For example, I'm a huge Radiohead fan. When Hail to the Thief came out, I was thinking WTF with the exception of a few songs. People on Radiohead boards were freaking out thinking the band had lost it. Then it took forever (4 years) for them to put out another record, increasing fan anxiety. But In Rainbows finally came out and all was right in Radiohead-land. Axl has managed his career in such a way that what could have been small speed bump turned into a colossal clusterfuck.

I don't think Axl just can go his independent ways as long as Guns N' Roses is under contract with a label. I believe that contract prohibits just that.

Do you know the terms of the contract? Surely there must be some loopholes. Aren't the statute of limitations for a California band 7 years?

Also, he could always buy out the contract.

That's why I can't blame the label. Even if they are holding it up, there's ways around em.

No, there aren't. If the label wants to hold up the release, there is no way around it. Period.

I'd prefer "inside" info from someone that's on the inside with this contract and knows what they're talking about, thanks. According to some people *cough* the band was entering the studio last year *cough* fake pics *cough* If the band were in the studio just a few months ago, why is the same person claiming the record label is holding up the release?