Is This True - Axl and Jon Bon Jovi Having Dinner Together?

ChristmasFnatic

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach says that he is "friends" withJon Bon Jovi again after he didn't speak to the BON JOVI frontman for many years following a dispute over money.

Despite the fact that the 1989 debut album from the Bach-fronted SKID ROW went five times platinum and produced several hit singes — including"18 And Life", "I Remember You" and "Youth Gone Wild", there was a lot of bitterness surrounding its success, largely due to the fact that in return for the helping hands of Jon Bon Jovi, SKID ROW reportedly had to enter a publishing deal with Jon's newly established Underground Music Company in which they waived their rights to publishing royalties. All money was paid to Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. After a public dispute, Richie Sambora gave his share of the money back to SKID ROW.

Speaking to ArtScenics TV this past June at the Hellfest festival in Clisson, France, Bach stated about his relationship with Jon Bon Jovi(see video below), "Bon Jovi took us on our first tour and we signed some papers with him that he got a cut of, if we made it big, that he would get compensated for helping us out. Nobody expected us to get as big as we got. Nobody thought that we would become a big band. That happens all the time in the music industry. Jon was like, 'We'll take you on tour, but if you guys make it big,' then he gets a cut of it. So I was bitter about that for awhile, but then I realized that we probably wouldn't have made it as big, or maybe at all, if he didn't take us."

He continued, "I actually had dinner with Jon a couple of years ago. We were staying at the Mandarin Oriental in London — me and Axl [Rose,GUNS N' ROSES singer] — and we were sitting there. And the waitress says, 'Hey, guess who's over in the corner.' And me and Axl go, 'Who?' She said, 'Jon Bon Jovi.' And I go, 'Get the fuck out of here.' He was in the corner. And I didn't know what to do. 'Cause we had had words… Most of them were mine. [laughs] So I go, 'You know what?! Fuck this. I'm gonna go over there and say 'Hi' to him.' 'Cause we used to be great, great friends; I had Christmas dinner at his house and stuff. So I stood up and walked over towards Jon, and Jon was looking at me, going, 'Are you gonna be a dick or are you gonna be nice?' He's looking at me, like, 'What are you gonna do? What are you gonna say?' And I was like, 'Hey, man, how is it going?' And he was, like, 'Hey, man?' And we stood up and we hugged and then he came over to me and Axl's table and we drank about 15 bottles of red wine, had a great time. He gave me his phone number and I've texted him a couple of times. He's a good guy. We're friends again."

http://www.blabbermo...wsitemID=178383

---------------------

Well yeah there is Bach and Jon's rivalry, but Im more interested about Axl and Jon. Didnt they dislike eachother?

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

I'm sure it's a restaurant Baz wouldn't have gone to, out of his price range. He needed to break bread with Jon, a step in the right direction. If there's going to be a Skid Row reunion, being on tour with Bon Jovi couldn't hurt. I'm sure he made decent money on the GNR tours, but he had to have felt weird about Axl taking him out as much as he seemed to.

Jon and Axl lived on different coasts, it was more professional rivalry that was a bigger deal to them back in 1988. Sam Kinison was also tied into GNR & Bon Jovi around that time, but he easily outpartied both bands. I'm sure Axl has Kinison stories.... one of Sam's proteges was Bill Hicks.

I'm sure it's a restaurant Baz wouldn't have gone to, out of his price range. He needed to break bread with Jon, a step in the right direction. If there's going to be a Skid Row reunion, being on tour with Bon Jovi couldn't hurt. I'm sure he made decent money on the GNR tours, but he had to have felt weird about Axl taking him out as much as he seemed to.

Jon and Axl lived on different coasts, it was more professional rivalry that was a bigger deal to them back in 1988. Sam Kinison was also tied into GNR & Bon Jovi around that time, but he easily outpartied both bands. I'm sure Axl has Kinison stories.... one of Sam's proteges was Bill Hicks.

You babble more nonsense than anyone in this board minus Miser.

I'd love to know what they talked about because although it's not personal Jon has been quite bitter in the press about the amount of coverage given to GNR in the last 20 years when they either ignore or bury Bon Jovi: "That motherfucker hasn't put a record out in 14 years but they write about the freakshow." No, Jon. They write because Axl is still a major talent and they are expecting more great work for him.

The problem for Jon is that his last decade of albums have been absolutely arotious. The lyrics on the new album are the most cliche ridden tripe he's ever wiitten. That, and voice is too shot to sing rock.

That story is from August 2012. Look what I found in less than 2 seconds with the magical search feature:

Baz, Jon Bon Jovi, and Axl story

I thought that Axl didn't like Jon Bon Jovi?

So stay the fuck out then. :thumbsup:

Why don't you take your own advice you pretentious know-it-all. I posted links to threads with identical subjects. You, as usual, feel the need to comment on my post without actually discussing the topic or contributing to it any meaningful way other than to posture. I, on the other hand, gave users of this board links to discussions about this very topic, so they can read the original threads about it. You're a staunch advocate of things that are original, right? Shouldn't the original threads get a nod? Run along now.

That story is from August 2012. Look what I found in less than 2 seconds with the magical search feature:

Baz, Jon Bon Jovi, and Axl story

I thought that Axl didn't like Jon Bon Jovi?

So stay the fuck out then. :thumbsup:

Shit. He's back? There goes the forum again. The brief respite from him and his buddy picking fights with everyone was fun while it lasted. Back to petty bickering, I guess.

You babble more nonsense than anyone in this board minus Miser.

More? Are you sure?

Minus my asinine asides, Jon and Axl "didn't have dinner together", and they never had any real rivalry.

Edited by dalsh327