The first New GN'R song(s) you ever heard?

Vincent Vega

If you can recall, what were the first New GN'R songs you ever heard, and when? Approx what year?

Did Axl play them for you?

Also, have you heard any songs that were NOT on CD? Like other New GN'R songs that the general public has yet to hear?

And would you say Axl is being truthful if he says the band has worked 26 songs and was working on 32? I ask because he claimed that in 2006.

There were a bunch of songs that I heard from 1996/1997 when Zakk was working with Axl. They sounded good. Then Zakk was gone and Robin was there so I guess the songs got shelved. I know I heard a bunch of songs between 2000 and 2006 but I don't remember them that well because I only heard them once. I don't think Axl is lying about how many songs he might have sitting around. I know Axl worked hard during those years so I'm sure there is a lot of songs left over.

I think just music

Marc, do you remember how long Zakk worked with the band for? At the time, Zakk and others made it seem like he only jammed with the band for a week, but later, Zakk's comments made it seem like he was jamming on and off in rehearsals with GN'R for several months and was very close to joining to GN'R.

Do you remember if Axl was really keen on having Zakk replace Izzy, did Axl feel he could write with Zakk? And if you can remember, how did Duff view the idea of Zakk joining Guns?

And lastly, if you have ANY memory of the Zakk demos, do you remember at all what it sounded like? What i mean is--did it sound like Guns N' Roses, or did it sound closer to Black Label Society, or what?

Do you think he could've fit the band?

Edited by Vincent Vega