The Governor's Ball petition thread

Bobbo

LOL 297 supporters. This petition's really taking off, ain't it? :jerkoff:

This petition was probably created by someone from this forum (or gnfnr). It just reads too much like the manifesto of the angry Axl detractor crowd. I mean, look at the phrasing. The late thing is a legitimate concern and is fair play I admit, but this petition is such bullshit. There are lots of bands who don't have the original members and have tumultuous histories, and those bands play festivals all the time without reproach- petitions are never made to prevent them from playing for, among other reasons, the lineup. That's just preposterous.

I call shenanigans.

Edited by brainsaber

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the initiative. Only GNR diehards can hardly deal with Axls stupidity! Hes got no credit out of his neverland district. No music, a joke band, a hits neverwnsing tour, no respect for him, fans, band, memory. Hes a cocoon jajajaja

Fuckhead! An Indiana ignorant with 100 M USD n thinks hes wiser than executives graduated in Yale, Stanford or Harvard!!! Pretty tied up

That festival looks sick!!!. GnR is definitely out of place.

This.

I don't know how much stock I put in this petition thing. It's kind of embarrassing, I guess, but there really aren't that many signers at this point. My concern is more about some of the points they are making. The ball has an incredible lineup scheduled, but GNR just doesn't fit in. This won't be their type of crowd at all, I'm afraid.

That festival looks sick!!!. GnR is definitely out of place.

Maybe that's why the festival organizers booked GNR?

Having Kanye and GNR as headliners is putting it on Lollapalooza/Coachella level, so it's not just a bunch of club bands in a park.

But you know what? If someone paid 200 plus for 3 days, and GNR's not their type of music, I think the audience would just bail if they ran late, esp. if it's on the second night. The band's probably going "what's a Governor's Ball, is Cuomo going to be hosting it?"

I do think GNR should do some sort of fan-fest concert or sponsored tour like what Southern Comfort's done, where they get a sponsor to foot the bill for tickets, and it's free to us.

I was listening to the radio on my way home from work tonight about some kind of petition to take "GNR" off of the governor's ball. I guess there was A LOT of negative reaction to them being the headliners, to the point people have made a petition about it. After a quick google search, I found it:

https://www.change.o...-music-festival

Take it for what it is, but looks like it's been a rough week all around for nu guns.

EDIT: Fuckin' phone. Can somebody edit the title to "apparently axl's not wanted at the governor's ball"? Thanks.

...you're the guy who started the petition, aren't you?

All I can think of is maybe Governor Cuomo is a GNR fan.

But yeah, they're out of place.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

This is fucking awesome. Maybe axl will wake the fuck up and stop being so fucking mediocre. Cuz that's all he's been the last couple of years. It's bullshit wat he is doing with the legacy of the band that alot of us grew up loving, and it's awesome that he is gunna b confronted about it.

Guess this means one less lavish vacation for axl and team brazil this year. Time to step up to the fucking plate axl. If he wasnt so medicated he would put on a great show, come with a hell of a rant, and win these ppl over. Instead his voice will b shot, he will forget his own songs, and probably crawl back into his shell again like a scared turtle.

I was listening to the radio on my way home from work tonight about some kind of petition to take "GNR" off of the governor's ball. I guess there was A LOT of negative reaction to them being the headliners, to the point people have made a petition about it. After a quick google search, I found it:

https://www.change.o...-music-festival

Take it for what it is, but looks like it's been a rough week all around for nu guns.

EDIT: Fuckin' phone. Can somebody edit the title to "apparently axl's not wanted at the governor's ball"? Thanks.

...you're the guy who started the petition, aren't you?

All I can think of is maybe Governor Cuomo is a GNR fan.

But yeah, they're out of place.

The name has to do with Governors Island, where they had the first festival, then moved it to Randalls Island and kept the name.

Go on the Facebook page for the event and click "Recent Posts by Others" and everyone's either just bashing GNR or asking to buy single-day tickets. Mostly GNR-bashing though.

Gnr bashing is a time honoured tradition,passed on generation to generation.People take it very seriously,all over the world.