The Governor's Ball petition thread

Bobbo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. I agree though, they really dont mesh AT ALL with the other artists there and who this show caters too. However that petition is pretty harsh

Well the other bands aren't cover bands. The reasons listed have mostly to do with the fact that it's not even Guns N' Roses, and the governor's ball is too classy of a place to be insulted like that

Hipsters don't boo. They're anti-confrontational, and will re-tweet their frustrations with sarcastic mon bos.

In fact, a room full of hipsters might be the safest place in the world for Axl's Nü GN'R.

Valid point, I don't expect this crowd to be as hostile as, say, Download 2006.

Honestly though, I don't think a petition either for or against GN'R is going to sway the fact that they're on the bill one bit. After agreeing on a contract with the band, a promoter isn't going to just drop them because of an online petition.

Also, merging this so we have one thread for both petitions.

Weddings....russian riches...Vegas revue with dancers....hipster festivals....

Who the fuck books all this crap?

If he needs money THAT BAD he might as well call Slash, sign off some music for a commercial, do some sort of endorsement...whatever.

At this point all of this would have more dignity than what he's doing now.

It gets more embarassing every day.

Weddings....russian riches...Vegas revue with dancers....hipster festivals....

Who the fuck books all this crap?

If he needs money THAT BAD he might as well call Slash, sign off some music for a commercial, do some sort of endorsement...whatever.

At this point all of this would have more dignity than what he's doing now.

It gets more embarassing every day.

THIS.

This alone proves why Team Brazil should not be managing in general. Then again, they're booking a cover band for those events, which is legit I suppose.

I'm waiting for "Axl Rose disaster 3" on Youtube.

Aren't you nice and supportive :)

Gotta admit though. The way things are shaping up right now, it's more realistic than not. Not just with the petition but also the overwhelming negative responses on facebook and twitter. Unless Axl shows up somewhat professional, rehearsed, and on time. What do you think the most probable outcome is going to be? Cancellation? Bad show? Or great show? Not fan bias, actual realistic expectations...

He'll show up like this...

Well, yeah, I wish he would and kick everybody in the balls.

What do you think the most probable outcome is going to be? Cancellation? Bad show? Or great show? Not fan bias, actual realistic expectations...

Realistic?

Let's see...we have a depressed lead singer mailing it in (if he shows up at all, that is) while hiding behind a hat and sunglasses and trying to sing like Mickey Mouse, an emo lead guitarist who can't play his way out of a wet paper bag, another lead guitarist shredding speed metal jazz on a fretless doubleneck guitar and a third guitarist beating the living shit out of his guitar more than actually playing it. Most of the songs they play are 25 years old and everyone who wrote those songs is no longer in the band. Also, everyone who wrote the newer songs is no longer in the band either. A good third of their set consists of AC/DC and Pink Floyd covers, pointless guitar solos, piano jams. And pyros of course, lots of pyros!

All that in front of a highly educated and entitled hipster latte maccisucki crowd who came to celebrate the hot shit of the day, some of it being really good shit actually - Thievery Corporation for example, think "If The World" sans Mickey Mouse.

Realistic? Apocalypse meets armageddon. HOPEFULLY!

Oh look it's up to 311 signees. People really do feel strongly about this, the petition is skyrocketing. :jerkoff:

Look at the guy's profile who created it. Drew Salinger, anti-GnR activist petition signer extraordinaire Interesting avatar he has there. Probably just a coincidence it's the exact same one as someone on this forum:

aZFPBKDfdneDiHE-172x172-cropped.jpg

That twink is signing petitions left and right. It looks like he's a real "activist", lmao. He apparently owns some lame no-name entertainment company. Notice he feels strongly about nintendo games and obama's agenda and the boyscouts too- he signed petitions for all of them as well. tee hee hee

Edited by brainsaber

Thievery Corporation

Japandroids

Holy Ghost!

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs

Roadkill Ghost Choir

On An On

I don't know a single one of these bands, but I can tell by their names that Guns will be headlining a fucking hipster fest.

Guest bellastar2355

Thievery Corporation

Japandroids

Holy Ghost!

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs

Roadkill Ghost Choir

On An On

I don't know a single one of these bands, but I can tell by their names that Guns will be headlining a fucking hipster fest.

Exactly, this was a bad move for Guns N Roses. I just hope they give a great performance and shut them the Fuck up

Actually, people are way more likely to go on a website and bitch and complain rather than express joy over something. Ive been to a million shows in NY and trust me, GnR will have plenty of fans there. There will also be plenty of people watching that dont care either way. I saw Lollapalooza there with Metallica, Soundgarden etc..

People were open minded to all the bands and it was a diverse year.

Only problem I see is older rockers may not want to go to Randals Island. Its a bit of a pain in the ass. They also may not want to go to that festival. It kinda sucks. Also, GnR cant go on late. The place will be empty. People haul ass out of there towards the end of shows.

Lets face it, gnr are playing there for the paycheck. They probably dont care.

Actually, people are way more likely to go on a website and bitch and complain rather than express joy over something. Ive been to a million shows in NY and trust me, GnR will have plenty of fans there. There will also be plenty of people watching that dont care either way. I saw Lollapalooza there with Metallica, Soundgarden etc..

People were open minded to all the bands and it was a diverse year.

Only problem I see is older rockers may not want to go to Randals Island. Its a bit of a pain in the ass. They also may not want to go to that festival. It kinda sucks. Also, GnR cant go on late. The place will be empty. People haul ass out of there towards the end of shows.

Lets face it, gnr are playing there for the paycheck. They probably dont care.

Can't blame them as it probably is easy money and they get to party in NYC.....maybe we will get a nice rant out of Axl............

This is the first American festival GNR has played, isn't it?

Mostly they stick to European festivals where classic rock is still revered.

This should be amusing.

Sturgis.

I was just about to mention that....

Anyone ever see the episode of Full Throttle Saloon where GNR comes to town to play for their competitors across the street. Its hilarious, at first that owner dude is like OMG, Guns N' Fucking Roses!? We're screwed! First time playing America in Six Years!!! We're fucked, gonna' Lose so much money.

Then by the end of the episode, Axl comes on stage two hours late, they do an above shot where the place Axl's playing is nearly empty. And the owner of the Throttles like: Yeah, we didn't lose anything due to GNR. They played for like 900 people. LOL.