The Governor's Ball petition thread

Bobbo

Oh look it's up to 311 signees. People really do feel strongly about this, the petition is skyrocketing. :jerkoff:

Look at the guy's profile who created it. Drew Salinger, anti-GnR activist petition signer extraordinaire Interesting avatar he has there. Probably just a coincidence it's the exact same one as someone on this forum:

aZFPBKDfdneDiHE-172x172-cropped.jpg

Uh, lol, The Big Lebowski is a pretty popular movie. That avatar means nothing.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look it's up to 311 signees. People really do feel strongly about this, the petition is skyrocketing. :jerkoff:

Look at the guy's profile who created it. Drew Salinger, anti-GnR activist petition signer extraordinaire Interesting avatar he has there. Probably just a coincidence it's the exact same one as someone on this forum:

aZFPBKDfdneDiHE-172x172-cropped.jpg

Uh, lol, The Big Lebowski is a pretty popular movie. That avatar means nothing.

Good thing I used the words "probably" and "coincidence" then, isn't it? uhhhh duhhh

You edited out the main point of my post: that guy has signed multiple dumbassed petitions. This is yet another one of them.

Oh look! It's up to 312 signatures! Something to be happy about, apparently, for some people.

The avatar "coincidence" isn't even note worthy. It's just a way for you to start shit with someone on the board because this irrelevant poll of "312" signatures has you mad. lol

It's a "dumbass petition" so why are you harping about it?

Because I am a passionate Guns n Roses fan. :hahafyou:

The avatar "coincidence" isn't even note worthy. It's just a way for you to start shit with someone on the board because this irrelevant poll of "312" signatures has you mad. lol

Oh, you sly devil.

2rxfi1l.jpg

Oh, you sly devil.

2rxfi1l.jpg

Is that all ya got, mister healthy liver? I'm sure all the water makes it okay.

On topic:

Well excuuuse me for being a passionate fan who wants to see the band succeed. I forgot that's not cool around here. I understand GnR may not be well received. I am not in denial about it. Nonetheless I want Guns to play the gig and get exposure, and potentially win over a skeptical crowd. At the very least, it could be interesting, no? I'm sorry that that bothers you so much. And so yeah, I'm gonna make fun of the petition, because it's ridiculous and you know it. Even if it makes it to 500 signatures, Guns is not going to be removed. If you wanna place a bet on it, let me know. I have paypal.

there is petition for suport for gnr

https://www.change.o...overnors-ball-2

Hipsters don't boo. They're anti-confrontational, and will re-tweet their frustrations with sarcastic mon bos.

In fact, a room full of hipsters might be the safest place in the world for Axl's Nü GN'R.

Valid point, I don't expect this crowd to be as hostile as, say, Download 2006.

Honestly though, I don't think a petition either for or against GN'R is going to sway the fact that they're on the bill one bit. After agreeing on a contract with the band, a promoter isn't going to just drop them because of an online petition.

Also, merging this so we have one thread for both petitions.

Petition to support GNR seems to be down.

Powerage5 - can you add in this petition link to the OP as well (assuming it is still open)? Since you merged the topics this one is buried.

I'd be more inclined to sign the pro-GNR petition if it wasn't an all-caps rant in one paragraph-length run-on sentence. That one's an embarrassment. Let's start over with something a little more literate.

Edited by Flayer