Is Axl 100% happy with what he is doing now?

izzydoezit

I've read that a lot on the forums and I think he has said it himself. (that he is the happiest ever). What is your opinion. Is Axl doing 100% what he wants and is he completely satisfied with his career as a musician at this point?

Edited by izzydoezit

I don't think so. I don't think Axl will ever be happy. But nowadays, I think he either convinces himself he's happy, or he knows he isn't the happiest he's ever been and just says that to get the public pumped about new GNR. I would say Axl is doing 80% what he wants, since he knows he can't do whatever he wants in America and he's not loved by the general public as much as he used to be, and I think those factor into him not having 100% control of his career choices. He does what he can and he makes a very good living off of it. But whether he's happy? I doubt it. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was fed up with Guns N Roses in its entirety after 25 years, but he can't possibly quit it now after everything he's done since 2000.

Hmm, maybe I didn't post my question correctly. I was referring to his career and not to his personal life. If he is happy with his career.

I don't know if this is solely directed to Marc or not, but he seems really happy with what he's doing now. On stage he looks like he's having more fun than he's ever had...

Hmm, maybe I didn't post my question correctly. I was referring to his career and not to his personal life. If he is happy with his career.

I don't know if this is solely directed to Marc or not, but he seems really happy with what he's doing now. On stage he looks like he's having more fun than he's ever had...

Ya think? There seems to be a lot more instances of videos where he's just randomly pissed off on stage nowadays.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

No, I understood your question. I meant I think he's happy with what he's doing career wise. Even if some people in here are not.

Personally, things will be much better and more interesting to me if he would actually release more then one album every 20 years, but Axl seems to still be in the Chinese Democracy frame of mind, and touring behind that album.

Did people see in video uploaded here recently of Axl outside after some partying (Golden Globes perhaps?). A person said to him something about that they had seen him live 4 times and Axl joked about it? Axl's reply was "What 20 yrs ago" or something and he laughed.

It seems to me that he can have a laugh at himself and he seemed very relaxed.

Yeah it sucks that Slash left.

Nah, I'm OK with Slash leaving the band since he and Axl couldn't work together anymore. If he didn't leave, Axl was going to fire him or if he didn't leave in 1996 he would've left in 1998 or 2001 or 2002, etc. The sad part is that they are no longer friends or talkin' to each other so we won't see any new music featuring both of them even in a collaborative working environment, sort of "come play in my record bro!" thing. Also the fact that because of Axl unfounded and insane hatred of Slash we won't see any footage from the original line-up of Guns N' Roses. There are so many things we could enjoy as fans of real Guns that Axl won't release just because Slash.

That does suck, not precisely Slash leaving a band that was dying anyway.

Well said. I agree with everything except that they were a dying band. I think they just needed a break, which would have coincided with the Seattle scene. After that died down the music scene was prime for a GnR album. At least in the rock world.

Nah, I'm OK with Slash leaving the band since he and Axl couldn't work together anymore. If he didn't leave, Axl was going to fire him or if he didn't leave in 1996 he would've left in 1998 or 2001 or 2002, etc. The sad part is that they are no longer friends or talkin' to each other so we won't see any new music featuring both of them even in a collaborative working environment, sort of "come play in my record bro!" thing. Also the fact that because of Axl unfounded and insane hatred of Slash we won't see any footage from the original line-up of Guns N' Roses. There are so many things we could enjoy as fans of real Guns that Axl won't release just because Slash.

I agree with your post but how do you know axl insanely hates slash? He doesn't sound like he does in 2001 interview and didn't he say he loved slash and always wanted everyone to know how great he is in 2006? The cancer comment was out of line but it was a tough time for axl. Has he said anything else about slash?

Edited by useyorappetite

read the GH-lawsuit....its all about Slash shouldnt be assoiated with Guns; read the 12/2008 Axl chats where he wanted Slash to have left after "Lies" and that he wrote only a few main riffs; he mainly skipped the HOF just because Slash was there! and as you've said he himself assoziates Slash with cancer better being avoided/removed.

and thats why we probably will never see anything 1985-1993 officially released by the Guns camp - when they've filmed ALL 192 UYI shows!!!. only hopes are people like Marc Canter; MTV (where was the 02/02/2013 Rirz88 25 anniversary tv re-broadcast by the way??!), other people like Robert John, unofficially leaks etc.

its not much hope but there still is!

Edited by Lim666

Robert John sold all is pics and what not back to Axl. So cross him off the list.

read the GH-lawsuit....its all about Slash shouldnt be assoiated with Guns; read the 12/2008 Axl chats where he wanted Slash to have left after "Lies" and that he wrote only a few main riffs; he mainly skipped the HOF just because Slash was there! and as you've said he himself assoziates Slash with cancer better being avoided/removed.

and thats why we probably will never see anything 1985-1993 officially released by the Guns camp - when they've filmed ALL 192 UYI shows!!!. only hopes are people like Marc Canter; MTV (where was the 02/02/2013 Rirz88 25 anniversary tv re-broadcast by the way??!), other people like Robert John, unofficially leaks etc.

its not much hope but there still is!

I agree with your post but how do you know axl insanely hates slash? He doesn't sound like he does in 2001 interview and didn't he say he loved slash and always wanted everyone to know how great he is in 2006? The cancer comment was out of line but it was a tough time for axl. Has he said anything else about slash?

He said 'loved' past tense. He was misquoted.