The General - Greatest song/Biggest Flop?!

AndreCC

I was thinking about this song and how everything seems to evolve around it.

I mean everyone that is close to Axl says it's their favorite song (Sebastian etc...), and how this song rocks. And even fans are over reacting and saying this should be NEW GNR's masterpiece.

If you talk about a new album, this is the first song someone will ask about, someone will bring in for a discussion. What is it with this song?! Makes you wonder.

Well let's see the other side of all of it, with all this crazy build up around it, what if The General is actually not that great after all, and everyone will get disappointed at it when it comes out.

I mean, it's quite possible! Remember when Sebastian used to compliment IRS so much, and then it ended up being this song, that really isn't anything special comparing to other songs in Chinese Democracy?! That could very well happen with The General!

What do you think will happen if The General flops? What if this song isn't all that special after all? With all the buildup behind it, will you be so mad about it that you feel you will have a biased opinion on the rest of the album?

The General is often referred as if it was New GNR's masterpiece, do you think people will finally bury GNR in their minds and move on if the song flops? Do you think The General will be the biggest fail in GNR History if it fails to be a great song? Do you think they're doing all this build up behind that song because the song isn't actually that special (as IRS) ? Do you think a new album would fail, if this song fails, even considering that there's 12 or 13 more songs that can be good?

Do you think there is no way that this song will be a big fail, and that it will rock the shit out of the next album?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's beyond pointless talking about a song we have never heard and that probably doesn't even exist.

And don't take Baz too serious for anything Guns, the guy usually is a little too excited.

If they had any good songs left, they would have put them out on the album or at least tested them live by now.

The song exists man. Axl has confirmed it himself.

cuz it's Estranged sequel.

I wouldn't trust in that

I heard it was supposed to be Estranged sequel, but Sebastian wasn't sure if it still was.

i dunno... i just have a feeling this won't be the favorite song of any fan on the next album. I have a feeling that it will indeed flop!

It's beyond pointless talking about a song we have never heard and that probably doesn't even exist.

And don't take Baz too serious for anything Guns, the guy usually is a little too excited.

If they had any good songs left, they would have put them out on the album or at least tested them live by now.

The song exists man. Axl has confirmed it himself.

I believe it when I hear it.

The only time I ever rocked out to Back off Bitch was when my Ex was in a pissy bitchy mood and I was driving with her and some of my boys. This is like 9 years ago... so I cranked it as loud as I could and sang every word as if I was singing it for her. :) Good Times.

Whats this topic again?

Ohh yeah, from every snipped I've heard... General sucks so far. It's even worst than the intro to CD... Chinese People Talking, wtf Ax?

But maybe if you fast forward it 3 minutes in, it might redeem itself.

The only time I ever rocked out to Back off Bitch was when my Ex was in a pissy bitchy mood and I was driving with her and some of my boys. This is like 9 years ago... so I cranked it as loud as I could and sang every word as if I was singing it for her. :) Good Times.

what.png