The General - Greatest song/Biggest Flop?!

AndreCC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing on CD touches everything that the Original band did...not even spaghetti or Sympathy for the Devil

Completely disagree. BTW, IMO TWAT, Catcher and Prostitute are in league with AFD's big three.

Man, you are wrong. AFD had worldwide hits. And CD is heard only by hard fans. CD isn't even close to AFD. That is just a fact!

Nothing on CD touches everything that the Original band did...not even spaghetti or Sympathy for the Devil

Completely disagree. BTW, IMO TWAT, Catcher and Prostitute are in league with AFD's big three.

Man, you are wrong. AFD had worldwide hits. And CD is heard only by hard fans. CD isn't even close to AFD. That is just a fact!

That's completely right. But it's a matter of taste, really. I love AFD but what really made me a diehard fan was CD. I barely knew anything beyond PC, WTTJ and SCOM before I heard CD. It was love at first listen. That's when I started listening to other GnR songs. For me, those three songs are easily comparable to the big AFD trio.

They are hard to compare, each has songs that stand on their own. When Appetite came out, the music industry and public perception was different. Chinese has some great songs just like Appetite. ;)

That's completely right. But it's a matter of taste, really. I love AFD but what really made me a diehard fan was CD. I barely knew anything beyond PC, WTTJ and SCOM before I heard CD. It was love at first listen. That's when I started listening to other GnR songs. For me, those three songs are easily comparable to the big AFD trio.