"Guns N’ Roses Playing NYC’s Governors Ball – And No One Is Happy About It"

Tyler Drama

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...LeBrun notes that GN’R has a historically “unfavorable view” among fans ...

Oh, no way! I thought it was only nuGnR that had an "unfavorable view" among music fans ... I never thought that it was also HISTORICALLY true!

That can't be true! Because according to the rock historians on here ... OLD GnR was the coolest band in the entire world even after alternative rock, new rock, and hip-hop killed them.

These same historians say if OLD GnR got back together, the USA would love them again and they be #1 in USA again!

LMAO

Looks like another reality check for the those still stuck between 1987-1991.

I guarantee you these people lead by Mr LeBrun are prejudice against [new] GnR based on their views about [old] GnR. They've never listened to CD or attended a [new] GnR concert.

This is what [new] GnR has to contend with today - especially in the USA. The hatred of the OLD band by many music fans is still a major problem keeping them down.

OLD GnR may have sold a lot of records, but they quickly became the "Nickelback" of the alternative rock era.

Hopefuly, the [new] GnR doesn't chicken out and does the show, and proves to those music buffs that [new] GnR is indeed a band with innovative and creative musical chops deserving of being including in this festival with the other bands.

6760d2f9_spiderman-meme-generator-it-s-time-to-stop-posting-85edb7.jpeg

...LeBrun notes that GN’R has a historically “unfavorable view” among fans ...

Hopefuly, the [new] GnR doesn't chicken out and does the show, and proves to those music buffs that [new] GnR is indeed a band with innovative and creative musical chops deserving of being including in this festival with the other bands.

Deserving? I've not heard of ONE of those other bands. Not one. And you speak of GN'R having to reach their level? What????????

Why are you here?

Cuz he's too stupid, even posters in HTGTH never post something like that. This kid sounds bitter, i hope he gets laid soon.

Let make it clear for you: if it wasn't for the CD ALBUM and their great shows, they would have never been asked to headline this kind of festival.

Yeah man fuck the tunes that everyone knows like SCOM and Paradise City, these folks are going to stay for GNR so they can hear Axl sing soulful rendiditons of Madagascar and This I Love...

I guess you missed the point of the petition ... folks like Mr Lebrun don't want to listen to ANY GnR songs because GnR is unworthy for a festival like this.

If GnR only had songs like SCOM and PC, then yeah ... GnR does not belong in this festival.

Clearly, the old stuff is not why festival organizers invited GnR to headline along with Kanye and Kings of Leon.

Let make it clear for you: if it wasn't for the CD ALBUM and their great shows, they would have never been asked to headline this kind of festival.

Yeah man fuck the tunes that everyone knows like SCOM and Paradise City, these folks are going to stay for GNR so they can hear Axl sing soulful rendiditons of Madagascar and This I Love...

I guess you missed the point of the petition ... folks like Mr Lebrun don't want to listen to ANY GnR songs because GnR is unworthy for a festival like this.

If GnR only had songs like SCOM and PC, then yeah ... GnR does not belong in this festival.

Clearly, the old stuff is not why festival organizers invited GnR to headline along with Kanye and Kings of Leon.

GN'R are worthy of any festival. GN'R are the measure of rock n' roll. Fact.

Well it clearly is NOT Chinese Demoacrcy material to get that invite because the festival is in NYC and in the US Cinese Demoracy garnered more lasting power known as the "album that took forever to make" instead of the songs themselves

You are assuming the people who booked GNR have the same logic as you. And judging by the number of people who disagree with you in this topic, I find that very doubtful. Because it would make more sense booking GNR based on their hits and songs people know rather than what I just mentioned

Edited by WhazUp

Yes, this GnR is worthy of this festival.

But some folks have a hard time understanding why non-GnR fans hate GnR.

Deserving? I've not heard of ONE of those other bands. Not one. And you speak of GN'R having to reach their level? What????????

So because you're ignorant regarding the contemporary music scene, you mock the idea that Axl has anything to prove? There are some great bands on this ticket. Maybe it's time to expand your horizons and check some of them out.

If Axl doesn't bring it hard, and recent history doesn't speak well to this happening, he's fucked at this show.

listen, no one gives 2 stinky shits about CD. The only reason they were invited was because of the old hits. Minus the old material, do you HONESTLY think they would have EVER invited Axl and his circus to this show?

NO ONE IN AMERICA HAS EVER HEARD OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY OUTSIDE OF THE MOST DIEHARD FANS.

Edited by pugachev

listen, no one gives 2 stinky shits about CD. The only reason they were invited was because of the old hits. Minus the old material, do you HONESTLY think they would have EVER invited Axl and his circus to this show?

NO ONE IN AMERICA HAS EVER HEARD OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY OUTSIDE OF THE MOST DIEHARD FANS.

Reported for insulting Axl and CD.

Reported for insulting Axl and CD.

Well, he has a right to his opinion. Real cool of you to hate on someone for feeling differently than you do.

Nobody in Asia gives a shit about CD too. I believe i'm the only person in my country who cares about nuGNR and CD material.

ya lmao apparently im the only one in America who gives a shit too. Lmao hell of a record though!

Sorry mate ... to have to burst your fantasy world.

A reunionize OLD GnR covering only the AFD and UYI materials could never in a billion years have been invited to this kind of festival.

If [new] GnR did not have CD, they would never in a billion years been invited to this kind of festival either. This is what an album like CD has done for GnR. It has elevated GnR to another level of artistic respect.

Go check out the performers list for this festival. Go listen to the jukebox on the website. Tell me how many top 20 hits you recognize?

If you're worried that CD is not a top charting hit, don't worry ... they will be in good company at this festival.

And most of the people attending this festival have never heard the GnR classic hits ... maybe WTTJ at a sporting event.

Even if Axl brought his 'A' game and GnR put on the best show of their lives ... it may not be enough to impress the crowd at this festival. But if GnR can survive this festival, brighter future is ahead for the band.

Well, he has a right to his opinion. Real cool of you to hate on someone for feeling differently than you do.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think iftheworld is playing a character, having a laugh at our expense.

gnrfan2007 on the other hand...I have no idea what's going on there.

Sorry, not buying it. If AFD and UYI never existed Axl Rose would never have been considered for a headlining role. No one would have ever known who he was. If Guns were to reunite it would be huge news, maybe not necessarily for this crow, but rock fans in general. Definitely more consideration would have been given to the original guns versus this charade we have now. And a guaranteed spot headlining had they reunited with a new album.

Edited by pugachev

And most of the people attending this festival have never heard the GnR classic hits

Can you provide me with a study that said indeed that over 50% of the key demographics of the people going have indeed not heard a GNR tune ever?

Edited by WhazUp

Well, this topic went down the shitter.

As regards to the topic at hand, I don't understand it at all. People can petition all they want, GN'R still put on a hell of a show and there's no reason for them to be thrown off a headlining slot just because some asshole thinks so. It's ridiculous.

People, please read this.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think iftheworld is playing a character, having a laugh at our expense.

gnrfan2007 on the other hand...I have no idea what's going on there.

Oh man. You weren't here the last few years? Well, allow me to introduce myself.

I the leader of the Axl Rose Defense Force. I eat, sleep, and breathe Axl Rose. If you insult him. I will be there. I'm a badass motherfucker. I have a lot of reports to hand out. It's nice to meet you.