"Guns N’ Roses Playing NYC’s Governors Ball – And No One Is Happy About It"

Tyler Drama

I was just saying the only one in Guns now that is a hall of famer is Axl. Doesn't make the rest of Guns current members ones.

Actually Dizzy was inducted to the HOF as well. You do have a point though...

What damage control does the article speak of?

From the festival's Facebook page:

"Hey there: As festival curators, our #1 goal is to program a world class lineup that features music for fans of all genres. With a mix of rock, hip-hop, indie, electronic, folk, americana, hardcore/punk, reggae, and now classic rock, the Gov Ball 2013 lineup is representative of current music fans' diverse palettes. What we love to do is expose you, the fans, to different artists and give you an opportunity to see something truly unique and rare. Guns N' Roses are not only Rock Hall of Famers, but also an incredibly influential band that doesn't perform in the US often. Their addition to our lineup adds a new flavor to the mix. We're stoked to have them at Gov Ball, and are glad that many of you agree. Thanks guys. #yolo"

Does this guy know who is in the band?

So GnR is now officially classic rock? Wonder how Beta and Axl feel about that?

Isn't their goal to really push forth the current band and CD?

What a cluster GnR has turned into.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reunionize OLD GnR covering only the AFD and UYI materials could never in a billion years have been invited to this kind of festival.

Per the festival organizers:

We also pride ourselves on booking a festival lineup that features music of all genres, and we think this booking adds a throwback/classic vibe to the mix.

You have no idea what you are talking about :lol:

I was just saying the only one in Guns now that is a hall of famer is Axl. Doesn't make the rest of Guns current members ones.

Actually Dizzy was inducted to the HOF as well. You do have a point though...

What damage control does the article speak of?

From the festival's Facebook page:

"Hey there: As festival curators, our #1 goal is to program a world class lineup that features music for fans of all genres. With a mix of rock, hip-hop, indie, electronic, folk, americana, hardcore/punk, reggae, and now classic rock, the Gov Ball 2013 lineup is representative of current music fans' diverse palettes. What we love to do is expose you, the fans, to different artists and give you an opportunity to see something truly unique and rare. Guns N' Roses are not only Rock Hall of Famers, but also an incredibly influential band that doesn't perform in the US often. Their addition to our lineup adds a new flavor to the mix. We're stoked to have them at Gov Ball, and are glad that many of you agree. Thanks guys. #yolo"

Not even going to try to edit down this quote since I'm on my phone.

But OMG I can not believe that I forgot about Dizzy!!!

I feel so ashamed : ( I've liked Dizzy from day one and what he brings to the mix.

Why he slipped my mind I'll never know!I was half asleep tho when I made that post!!

Oh boo fucking hoo they come on late and Axl makes us wait. I'm so sick to death of those BS played out excuses. If people were signing the petition because they think Axl's voice sounds like shit now that's one thing, but I guarantee you a majority of the people who are against them playing are the retards with the standard "it's not the real GNR without Slash" point of view that haven't seen the new lineup play a single song in the last decade.

Guns N’ Roses Playing NYC’s Governors Ball – And No One Is Happy About It

FEBRUARY 8, 2013

141059836.jpg?w=300

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/02/08/guns-n-roses-playing-nycs-governors-ball-and-no-one-is-happy-about-it/

Entering its third year and hoping to make a stand as New York City’s premiere musicfestival, Governors Ball continued to expand in 2013 from two days to three and booked bigger and better acts than its previous two years.

Several weeks ago, two of the three Governors Ball headliners were announced: Kanye West and Kings of Leon, along with dozens of supporting acts across all genres. Yesterday (February 7), the festival finally announced its third headlining act: Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Guns N’ Roses.

Promoters most certainly were ecstatic and assumed festival-goers and potential attendees would feel the same.

Not so much. Many of the @-replies to the Governors Ball announcement included comments like “Are you f*****g serious?”, “But why?”, and “no” (with 27 O’s). Governors Ball organizers attempted some quick damage control shortly after the negative reactions, citing the passion of music fans.

A petition was created at Change.org by site user Andre LeBrun to “remove Guns N’ Roses from the lineup for the Governors Ball Music Festival.” In the petition, LeBrun notes that GN’R has a historically “unfavorable view” among fans and that the band has “become even more of a shell of its former self in the absence of every original member barring Axl Rose.”

The petition proceeds to accuse Rose of being “one of the most frustratingly inconsistent performers of the modern era, is known best for his inconsiderate treatment of audience members and unprofessional behavior in general.”

This part most likely refers to Rose’s perpetual, extreme tardiness at his own performances, which, after almost 25 years, is practically common knowledge.

If you agree with the movement to remove Guns N’ Roses from the 2013 Governors Ball lineup, you can sign the petition here. If not, buy your festival passes here.

- E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM New York

I never heard of that festival before. I almost booked a ticket after hearing gnr are playing but I already have a commitment that weekend.

I don't know why they'd ask GN'R to begin with.. the crowd they're trying to draw could give two shits about the current GN'R.

Organizers' call. It makes perfect sense to me. Get the fest some attention, bigger names, and some hard rock fans to go check the thing out. 3 of the band members live in NY so they can just go home after the show. Axl's prob. going just because he likes some of the bands - will he be hanging out's the question though. Maybe GNR will sneak in a surprise club show when they're in NY.

I think the only people that will leave are the rap fans. Others will stick around for a few songs then leave and the rest are fans who paid to see them. This band is certainly worthy of being on this bill, they sell out shows around the world, Asia included,to whoever said they don't. Also maybe this is a sign that the rumored US tour is real.

I think the only people that will leave are the rap fans. Others will stick around for a few songs then leave and the rest are fans who paid to see them. This band is certainly worthy of being on this bill, they sell out shows around the world, Asia included,to whoever said they don't. Also maybe this is a sign that the rumored US tour is real.

NYC's an international crowd, so there's people who grew up listening to them that work and go to school there.

1 festival doesn't mean they're doing a tour, but if Fernando said there's US dates, maybe amphitheaters, which is something GNR usually don't play, but having lived near one, the homeowners nearby kind of make a big deal about the show ending before midnight, so he might be right on the arena tour.

Could be a co-headlining show?

Wasn't sure if it was confirmed by Fernando. I'll take a tour of ampi~ theaters, or arenas, as long as they play the NJ Meadowlands, MSG or PNC Arts Center. I would consider Newark NJ, but that's starting to get a little far for me.

NYC's an international crowd, so there's people who grew up listening to them that work and go to school there.

1 festival doesn't mean they're doing a tour, but if Fernando said there's US dates, maybe amphitheaters, which is something GNR usually don't play, but having lived near one, the homeowners nearby kind of make a big deal about the show ending before midnight, so he might be right on the arena tour.

Wasn't sure if it was confirmed by Fernando. I'll take a tour of ampi~ theaters, or arenas, as long as they play the NJ Meadowlands, MSG or PNC Arts Center. I would consider Newark NJ, but that's starting to get a little far for me.

Wait where can I find this information about a US tour? I can't find it anywhere..

Wait where can I find this information about a US tour? I can't find it anywhere..

Fernando told Rick Dunsford that there might be one.

349 people = enough to gauge general opinion of CD

342 people = not enough to gauge the general opinion of concert go'ers.

Ba. ha. ha.

Not sure if you're just drunk, or delirious from liver failure, but you were having the metacritic argument in another thread with another poster. Nice failure of an analogy though- I'm sure somewhere in the swiss cheese, comparing an online petition with a review site makes sense, lol. Except the review site is backed up by well-respected music critics which corroborate the moderate rating CD got. Notice I said "moderate," not fantastic.