Since CD do you think Axl has done work in his Studio.

jimb0

Alright...

Unless Axl has purposely had his own band mislead the public into thinking they haven't recorded when they have.... The band ain't done shit since Bumble's 06 overdubs and Brains remixes.

However, if there was a two year gap between the last Bumblefoot overdubs and the release of CD, that means two years Axl could have been fucking with levels and takes in the studio.

Brian May said that Axl totally ignored the solo he made for CITR and pieced his own guitar solo together with Brian May warmup scraps. Which means that Axl is incredibly awesome but slow at cut and paste, and has one hell of an ear. Axl also decided which Bucket solos would be tossed and had Nintendo Speed Metal Guitar Junky Mr. Foot replace what some of us would have rather heard.

So Axl is both incredibly slow and incredibly talented with Pro Tools I gather.... And he likes to tinker forever until he makes an overproduced mess with Drum Loops, Weird Gong Noises, Chinese Talking, and other Sound-bank Samples, for almost No F'n Reason.

So does anyone else suspect that the reason that Axl hasn't had the boys write something decent, might be because he's down in his studio alone, drinking beer trying to polish a turd with the Chinese leftovers.

It could make sense... Last time he told people he was working in the studio towards an album, people seemingly annoyed him with their impatience. And if the band might have been involved it would be quite easy for Axl to say, "You tell anyone, and your fired" - in that classic high pitch scream.

Edited by jimb0

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBA said Axl was in the studio with Izzy when they were in Vegas.

Oh yeah, did we ever get any confirmation on that?

BBA also has Light my fire, has hung out with Axl multiple times and also Robin Finck where he was told delicate details of Robin's tenure in the band....

...... Yeh....

I think he is repeating his history again... you know when moby said axl was like a beaten dog, and that he thought axl would never get the album done? or remember when someone said they went to axl's place with an acoustic guitar, tried to play to him, tried to play with him, to get him to sing, and he just couldn't do it. Creatively I think he is there again, even when he is enjoying his touring band.

Employees, touring band, Nintendo, etc. Yeah you guys are fans.

Good D&N topic, unbiased.

I've been a huge fan. I state employees, because that's what they are. They are under contract, and Axl is the boss. Simply stating the fact doesn't make me less of a fan.

And as far as Nintendo... I really do enjoy some of Bumblefoot's work. Some of those tracks he did with that girl Taco are good. I love his album 'Normal' I love the sleazy riffage he added to tracks like CD and IRS... (SOD - Not so good).

But I feel that the fretless guitar has absolutely no place in GNR. *On LEAD* That is my opinion..

So stating the fact about Axl being the boss, and my opinion about Ron's "Fretless" work doesn't make me less of a fan. Personally though, I do wish May and Bucket were represented on the CD the way it was Pre- 2006. I'm a huge fan of the AFD / UYI Lineup... and I got pretty into the Nu Band pre Bumble and DJ.

On another note... I hope he does tinker, and personally if the new band ain't recording anything soon, I hope he's doing more than that.

PS... If it was a band how we think in terms of things... I'm pretty sure they would have written and recorded already. But given the rumor that Beta refuses to pay them to do so... It seems more like they need to be paid by the boss to record. Hence employees.

Edited by jimb0

I've been a huge fan. I state employees, because that's what they are. They are under contract, and Axl is the boss. Simply stating the fact doesn't make me less of a fan.

And as far as Nintendo... I really do enjoy some of Bumblefoot's work. Some of those tracks he did with that girl Taco are good. I love his album 'Normal' I love the sleazy riffage he added to tracks like CD and IRS... (SOD - Not so good).

But I feel that the fretless guitar has absolutely no place in GNR. That is my opinion..

So stating the fact about Axl being the boss, and my opinion about Ron's "Fretless" work doesn't make me less of a fan. Personally though, I do with May and Bucket were represented on the CD the way is was Pre- 2006. I'm a huge fan of the AFD / UYI Lineup... and I got pretty into the Nu Band pre Bumble and DJ.

On another note... I hope he does tinker, and personally if the new band ain't recording anything soon, I hope he's doing more than that.

Duff and Slash were also under contract in 1993. That's makes them employees also.

Edited by volcano62

But I feel that the fretless guitar has absolutely no place in GNR. That is my opinion..

So stating the fact about Axl being the boss, and my opinion about Ron's "Fretless" work doesn't make me less of a fan. Personally though, I do with May and Bucket were represented on the CD the way is was Pre- 2006. I'm a huge fan of the AFD / UYI Lineup... and I got pretty into the Nu Band pre Bumble and DJ.

Duff and Slash were also under contract in 1993. That's makes them employees also.

They BECAME employees. So you accept that this lineup are also employees correct?

They BECAME employees. So you accept that this lineup are also employees correct?

You accept Slash and Duff worked for Axl?

Edited by volcano62

from 93 til their departure, sure. now do you accept that the current line up and lineups from 93 are employees?

from 93 til their departure, sure. now do you accept that the current line up and lineups from 93 are employees?

I'd say Tommy & Dizzy are more than employees but everyone else, yes.