Team Governor's Ball Respond About GN'R

Tyler Drama

Since there's been so much controversy about GN'R playing at the Governor's Ball, I decided to write the organizers and ask the following question:

Why was Guns N' Roses chosen to headline the Governor's Ball this year?

This was their response:

We explored a myriad of options for our third headliner and we decided that GNR was a move that was different, unexpected, and unique. So few people have seen them live before, yet their music has been so popular and influential for so long. In addition, reviews of their recent shows have been very, very positive. We also pride ourselves on booking a festival lineup that features music of all genres, and we think this booking adds a throwback/classic vibe to the mix. With 66 acts on the bill, we have so much to choose from and people can skip acts if they don't dig them. We worked so hard to program a lineup of some of today's best and we hope that the other bands on the lineup keep you excited for this year's event.

Team Gov Ball

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there's been so much controversy about GN'R playing at the Governor's Ball, I decided to write the organizers and ask the following question:

This was their response:

We explored a myriad of options for our third headliner and we decided that GNR was a move that was different, unexpected, and unique. So few people have seen them live before, yet their music has been so popular and influential for so long. In addition, reviews of their recent shows have been very, very positive. We also pride ourselves on booking a festival lineup that features music of all genres, and we think this booking adds a throwback/classic vibe to the mix. With 66 acts on the bill, we have so much to choose from and people can skip acts if they don't dig them. We worked so hard to program a lineup of some of today's best and we hope that the other bands on the lineup keep you excited for this year's event.

Team Gov Ball

Do they think they booked the AFD lineup or something? :lol:

This was their response:

Team Gov Ball

Do they think they booked the AFD lineup or something? :lol:

LMAO!

Anyway I just hope NuGNR, esp. Axl dont screw this up. Its their chance to prove/get themselves new fans. I hope Axl rehearse or it will really be embarrassing esp to us fans.

Meh, worst case is the fans don't dig it and Axl ends up singing to an empty stadium.....judging from the band lineup of that festival I don't picture that crowd showering Axl and company with bottles of piss............nice pay check I am sure so I doubt he would care if nobody listens to them.........

I think we're all concerned when it comes to GNR and festival shows.

Axl's "stoked" today, but the closer the date gets, will he be as stoked? Or should he just go out to Long Island where the hard rock fans in the 'burbs are more supportive? Nassau's only a half hour from there.

You know it' funny back in the 80's and 90's with the original members I think Axl was more eratic and you never knew if he would play or start and then leave or not? The other band members were usually wasted on something and most shows were very late or didn't happen at all. These days, to Axl's defence, he's done about 2 years of touring and maybe missed one show and it wasn't due to anything he or GNR did. As for coming on late, it's a rock show, so shut the fuck up and enjoy it! I've seen bands in the past who were late and no one complained once they hit the stage. It helps if you take the next day off. anyway, Axl and GNR have proven themselves to be responsible in showing up and performing 3 fuckin hour shows without missing a beat. anyone who's seen them has to agree. I've seen them twice in two years and had a blast at both shows and I had to catch an 8 o'clock plane back to Dallas the next day after the show ended at 3.

I think anyone who attends this event, will have a blast unless of course they don't like rock and roll. Otherwise, I think they will be very surprised at how amazing Axl and GNR are live!

Is it gonna be televised or streamed? Cuz if it is and the Big Mouse shows up i'll do one.

In a big luminous yellow trench coat with gleaming eyes "Even with an Iron fist!"

Sometimes I think he's purposely making fun of himself.

I think the hipsters would actually really dig the wacky outfits. That storm trooper helmet and raincoat thing from Rio is the kind of stuff they die for.

:lol: at the Appetite line-up comment.

I do give them credit for being so willing and excited to book Guns. It's not even the band itself I worry about anymore. This line-up can play literally anything. It's up to Axl more or less as to how this show will be received. Hopefully he shows up ready to go and delivers the goods.

Some of you are really bad. And the discrimination against the rest of the world (that's not US) is unacceptable.

Uhh...what discrimination would that be? Saying South American fans are more passionate and hardcore than North American fans? Yea...that's true.

Some of you are really bad. And the discrimination against the rest of the world (that's not US) is unacceptable.

Uhh...what discrimination would that be? Saying South American fans are more passionate and hardcore than North American fans? Yea...that's true.

Exactly. I've never seen crowds so passionate as South American crowds. Those guys go NUTS. Love it! Just look at the AC/DC Live At River Plate DVD :wub:

He better not be late if he is going to perform the way he has recently.

I don't understand what the management is thinking with the shows they've been booking.

They are thinking that it's good money for gnr. Lets face it, the only reason GnR is still on the road is for money.

:lol: at the Appetite line-up comment.

I do give them credit for being so willing and excited to book Guns. It's not even the band itself I worry about anymore. This line-up can play literally anything. It's up to Axl more or less as to how this show will be received. Hopefully he shows up ready to go and delivers the goods.