Do you think Axl's still trying to top Appetite For Destruction's success?

Randy Lahey

"There's no point in releasing new material if Axl doesn't think it can surpass AFD"??

That's ricockulous!

Not even your perpetual wet-dream of a reunion could top AFD. The internet Randy, the internet. Downloading motherfuckers. You dig?

Edited by brainsaber

If you aren't going in to make the next best record, why even make the record? Nobody goes into the studio conciously trying to make an inferior album. You want to keep bettering yourself.

Shake yourself Randy, this personal decline of yours into BBA territory because of a sense of disillusionment with the present line-up needs to stop.

I was implying that Axl feels that way. I'd love it if he would release CD II right now. But I think Axl is trying to top AFD every time out and that holds him back when it comes to releasing new material. MJ was the same. He was always trying to top Thriller every time out.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Do you mean in terms of sale and acclaim or in terms of musical integrity/sophistication? Because to me, as great as it is, Appetite is the bid of aspiring rockstars whereas UYI/Chinese is an established rockstar trying to develop a band's grip on a massive spectrum of musicial sound/technology.

I think Axl aspires to greater record sales than what happened with Chinese, and with actual promotion like's he's done for the tours he will achieve that. But commercially he has no desire to top Appetite as the media will inevitably try to portray, which he said himself in an interview.

Edited by NGOG

Go home brainfart, you're drunk.

Aww, you extra butthurt about diceman? Boo hoo.

On topic:

I think it's important for Axl and the band to release more music regardless of what it sells.

uhmmm, wtf happened to diceman? Why did you mention him here? He hasn't post anything yet. And wtf is the "boo hoo" shit you wrote?