Was Eminem the last superstar?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem was never as big as Adele in the last two years.

Were you around when The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show were around? Eminem was big as fuck and I don't know about your country but back in the MMLP days he was huge like fuck without even getting his shit played on the radio here in Oz. He was way too risque back then for radio and even if say Slim Shady or Stan were number one as they were, you never got to see those clips on TV here.

Beyonce and Kanye West are superstars.

Gaga isn't imo.

Kanye is not even close to being as big as Beyonce and Gaga and Beyonce isn't even close to Gaga. I'm a fan of all three but no one is Gaga big except for Adele probably and then all the dinosaur bands that are still massive.

Gaga isn't imo.

Beyonce is a try hard with minimal talent. I can't stand her. And she's had no impact on pop culture.

Eminem had a number one movie, a number one album and a number one song. He even won an Oscar for Lose Yourself. And he's a musical genius once in a generation type talent.

Adele's success reminds me a lot of Alanis Morissette's success with Jagged Little Pill. I think it'll all be downhill from here.

Lady Gaga's main talent is marketing herself. Her music is second rate dance stuff. Yeah, she's sort of like Marilyn Manson doing Madonna. But her tunes just aren't that good.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Gaga isn't imo.

Beyonce is a try hard with minimal talent. I can't stand her. And she's had no impact on pop culture.

Eminem had a number one movie, a number one album and a number one song. He even won an Oscar for Lose Yourself. And he's a musical genius once in a generation type talent.

Adele's success reminds me a lot of Alanis Morissette's success with Jagged Little Pill. I think it'll all be downhill from here.

Lady Gaga's main talent is marketing herself. Her music is second rate dance stuff. Yeah, she's sort of like Marilyn Manson doing Madonna. But her tunes just aren't that good.

Poker Face is IMO one of the best pop songs of the past 20 years.