Why couldn't Axl have dressed like this?

Vincent Vega

The one thing I feel bad about when it comes to GN'R shows, past or present, is Axl's choice of attire. In the '80s he had the stupid leather/hair metal look; In the '90s he had the biker shorts; In 2002 it was the rapper look; same with 2006, rapper look combined with a generic rock look. Now he just looks like a generic rockstar. I honestly think the look he had going here was great and would've made a lot of the UYI era less embarassing:

Edited by Vincent Vega

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't around during GNR's heyday. The biker/leather look was NOT stupid; it kicked a ton of ass. And in the UYI days Axl was on top of his game. He was making best-dressed lists for his crazy combinations. The kilt, the umpire's pad, the biker shorts....he was a true original.

Sad fact is, it doesn't matter what he wears these days cause he's fat and old and has a dumb mustache. I actually LIKED the yellow raincoat, though.

Axl usually looks pretty damn cool. I would say '06 and '12 generic rock look is my least favorite though, because he's not generic. Not sure if the people surrounding him understand that. White fedora with black leather just does not work, anywhere, ever. I dont really get all the rings and jewelry. It doesnt look good either. Neither does long crushed velvet purple jackets n shit.

Otherwise Axl is a fashion icon.

Edited by Eu4ic

White fedora with black leather just does not work, anywhere, ever. I dont really get all the rings and jewelry. It doesnt look good either. Neither does long crushed velvet purple jackets n shit.

Otherwise Axl is a fashion icon.

They make him look twice as old and more bloated than he already is.

I don´t understand how people can say the UYI era clothing was stupid. It might look stupid in other people, actually ridiculous, but those clothes were Axl´s seal at the time and he looked cool as hell. No other guy would have looked bad-ass and sexier than him with those clothes.

8025d1271612738-kilt-axlkilt2.jpgaxl-rose-guns-n-roses.jpg

As for the 2006 look, he looked great. Even those of us who didn´t like the braids too much got to like them:

axl_rose.jpg

Even with a suit and tie he looked amazing:

l.jpg

Edited by November_rain

I don´t understand how people can say the UYI era clothing was stupid. It might look stupid in other people, actually ridiculous, but those clothes were Axl´s seal at the time and he looked cool as hell. No other guy would have looked bad-ass and sexier than him with those clothes.

8025d1271612738-kilt-axlkilt2.jpgaxl-rose-guns-n-roses.jpg

As for the 2006 look, he looked great. Even those of us who didn´t like the braids too much got to like them:

axl_rose.jpg

Even with a suit and tie he looked amazing:

l.jpg

Those two top pics are so epic.....god I miss that Axl. The braids pic- he does look good. The past few yrs he's really gone downhill fast. Wonder WTF....booze & food I guess.

When Axl had his Aqua Net phase, it was part of the Sunset Strip uniform, then the bandanna happened and they came off as anti-glam.

I guess we can now say there was a "music video era" that GNR were a big part of. Music video still has some relevance, but it's not the main way people get new music. Even Lady Gaga knew she had to do festivals.