Why couldn't Axl have dressed like this?

Vincent Vega

Can't understand how anyone can dis the UYI "look". Not anything you're going to wear down the street- but pretty damn iconic for a "rock star" at this point IMHO:

Axl.jpg

Meanwhile- definitely put me in the camp as thinking that his current look is the best he's had "post-comeback" (i.e. post Vegas/RIR III in 2001). Rather than trying too hard to look cool/young (corn rows, jerseys, etc)- with his current look- IMHO Axl looks like a bad ass uncle who just got out of prison and drives around on his Harley and picks up young, hot chicks or something. LOL. Suits him a lot better IMHO than the armani suits and cornrows or whatever that everyone seems to like from the 06/07 era.

136291592_8.jpg

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I feel bad about when it comes to GN'R shows, past or present, is Axl's choice of attire. In the '80s he had the stupid leather/hair metal look; In the '90s he had the biker shorts; In 2002 it was the rapper look; same with 2006, rapper look combined with a generic rock look. Now he just looks like a generic rockstar. I honestly think the look he had going here was great and would've made a lot of the UYI era less embarassing:

Why dont you dress up how you think Axl should dress, take some pics and post them on here. Maybe he will take your advice. Maybe we all will. Please do this.

Is this "Come Together" with Bruce? I just LOVE watching him on that - but the teased hair of the 80s suited him for his young age at that point. It only looks awful to people not born during the era's of 70s & 80s. I didn't like the baggy tops & the braids but others loved it - it really is a matter of taste and minus the hats I think Axl still looks awesome. Males like the "manly" look of the rocker and females seem to just like the sexy look of him being natural. As I said, it's personal taste.

Edited by rock4eva

The one thing I feel bad about when it comes to GN'R shows, past or present, is Axl's choice of attire. In the '80s he had the stupid leather/hair metal look; In the '90s he had the biker shorts; In 2002 it was the rapper look; same with 2006, rapper look combined with a generic rock look. Now he just looks like a generic rockstar. I honestly think the look he had going here was great and would've made a lot of the UYI era less embarassing:

Why dont you dress up how you think Axl should dress, take some pics and post them on here. Maybe he will take your advice. Maybe we all will. Please do this.

Is this "Come Together" with Bruce? I just LOVE watching him on that - but the teased hair of the 80s suited him for his young age at that point. It only looks awful to people not born during the era's of 70s & 80s. I didn't like the baggy tops & the braids but others loved it - it really is a matter of taste and minus the hats I think Axl still looks awesome. Males like the "manly" look of the rocker and females seem to just like the sexy look of him being natural. As I said, it's personal taste.

Yes, this is 'Come Together' . And very well said! cw.gif The hair and dress sense of the 80s only looks awful to people not born in that era. Nah, didn't like the baggy tops n' braids either, but like you say, there were probably many people who loved it. Yeah... I loved the sexy look of him. To each his own! laugh-1.gif

Agree Manets. For Axl, Less is always more, but he doesn't seem to realize this, I think. Beta certainly doesn't do a good job in helping him make the right choices on appearance.

You're talking from a male point of view. Females have a different point of view. So I reckon the whole thread makes no sense.

Well put... you boys don't know what you're talking about... Axl is 51, dresses appropriately, and is smokin' hot... 'nuff said. kilt.gif

That's so cute! Lol and I agree. I think he dresses appropriately.(Except I wish he did cut back on the jewelry.. just a little bit)

Yeah.... but he's always had his jewelry phases... it's just gotten bigger an' more pimp! 1sm267treasure.gif

Edited by Axl_Fetish