Guns N´Roses DVD 3D Las Vegas...

TheDemocracyRose

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they overdubbed anything in the studio, or if it's just mixing etc.

Regardless, I'm excited for this.

Hopefully they have overdubbed some weaker sounding parts. Some songs are OK others would make no favours to Axl's band.

Hopefully they have overdubbed some weaker sounding parts. Some songs are OK others would make no favours to Axl's band.

The only songs that I think *need* to be overdubbed are YCBM, RQ and Don't Let It Bring You Down. I hope they cut the jams out, too. They're fine at the shows but not on a DVD. That said, however, I very much doubt Axl re-did any of the vocals.

The only songs that I think *need* to be overdubbed are YCBM, RQ and Don't Let It Bring You Down. I hope they cut the jams out, too. They're fine at the shows but not on a DVD. That said, however, I very much doubt Axl re-did any of the vocals.

Don't Let It Bring You Down really makes him sound weak but to be honest, it sounds REALLY similar to Neil's original version.

Whatever comes out is very welcome! Just can't figure out why Axl didn't decide to let out a similar gig DVD in 2010 when he was in a fairly good physical shape and still had mind-blowing vocals. Did he expect to be in better shape a few years down the road?

Whatever comes out is very welcome! Just can't figure out why Axl didn't decide to let out a similar gig DVD in 2010 when he was in a fairly good physical shape and still had mind-blowing vocals. Did he expect to be in better shape a few years down the road?

Maybe they didn't have the support or contracts lined up? Sure all of the shows are filmed but not all the cameras and quality is set up in advance for every show .

As usual with Guns N' Roses it's best not to get your hopes up too high, but damn, it looks like this is actually going to happen! I also hope they fixed some stuff in studio, but they're probably just referring to the mix. It'd be nice if Axl did redo some of the weaker parts though. I guess we'll wait and see.

I look forward to the debates about whether Axl re-did his vocal or not.

I hope to be on the "yes" team.

I can't imagine him redoing the vocals for DVD in studio. But a good production work can do miracles - if you place the vocal track carefully in the mix with reasonable compression, EQ and usual effects used on vocals, it sounds unbelievebly better than it did before. That's what I'm hopin' for.