Are There People Here Who Prefer CD Over the UYI Albums?

ChristmasFnatic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on your opinion really... Use Your Illusion 1 is my favorite record of all time, so i don't see any fillers in there.

As for Chinese Democracy to me there's 4 or 5 great songs. Better, Chinese Democracy, Catcher in the Rye, There Was a Time (but i prefer the 2006 leak version) and If The World.

Then there's a couple of so so songs: Street of Dreams, IRS, Riad N' The Bedouins.

Then there's the crappy songs: Shacklers Revenge, This I Love, Scraped, Sorry, Prostitute and Madagascar. Some of them because they sound unfinished and needed more work (shacklers, This i love, scraped and madagascar), and others because to me they just don't cut it... It's a matter of taste!

Edited by AndreCC

I like the illusions. I really liked them back when they came out, stood in line at midnight to buy them and then drove around listening. Even back then we were starved for more GNR music, some things never change. I listen to CD mostly now, just because I like the newer sound and can't wait to hear new GNR music again. The illusions have some great stuff on them (yesterdays, estranged, etc), but they also have too many filler songs on them.

The illusions are classics with some if the best songs ever made. But ever since CD was released it has remained a staple in my playlist and car.

I agree. CD is played everyday in my car. Tough question though. If I had to choose, I would pick CD.

AFD is the holly bible. UYI's albums are amazing rock records. CD is an OK and bit weird sounding overall album with a couple of great songs (Better & TIL).

Afd is the old testament. Angry, vengeful, fresh, the beginning

uyi is the new testement. Different friendlier spin with a few bloated stories everyone knows and a lot of stories everyone forgets

spaghetti is the quran. A thrown together rag tag mix with very little variety in substance and style

chi dem is dianetics, the Scientology book

If you take the best songs from Illusions and put them on one album, it rivals Appetite. So no, Chinese Democracy does not compete with the Illusions in my opinion. It does, however, stand on it's own as a very significant accomplishment by a tremendously talented musician.