February 13th, 2013 - Los Angeles, CA: Tommy Hilfiger's Secret Party

NicoRourke

Wait so GNR is playing a set for Tommy Hi? God I lose more respect for this band everyday. I don't even wanna hear how Axl sounds, unless that's his revenge plan... Give Tommy a Shitty Show.

yeah, show me how playing the superbowl is selling out and this isn't. axl is pathetic and gnr is a joke.

So stop following the bands every move and leave.

It really is that simple!

I became a fan of to me... the greatest rock band in the world. I'm a fan of music. I'll always want to check out anything that Axl or Slash put out there, because I respect their talent. It just seems a little weird that six or seven years ago we have Axl and Tommy H about to kill each other and now Axl's doing him a favor?

To me that's as shocking as Axl playing Vince Niels birthday party. Just unexpected and weird. I've bought a lot of tickets over the years, I'm not going to simply give up on the man over one show. Just reading the thread tho gave me a huge WTF moment tho, I will say.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is GNR doing this show? Tommy Hilfiger is not exactly best buds with Axl, so the "favour" reason wouldn't make sense. It sure as shit isn't for the fans.

Axl is only in it for the money these days. I don't necessarily have a problem with that. I think he has just reached the stage where new music is too much effort.

He's just going to tour, make money and retire. I guess we can't ask for much more these days.

It's not complaining it just stating something logic. Why does it make you happy that the band is playing some show somewhere that you're not even allowed to go or see... that is nothing alike Guns N'Roses as we came to know them... that's such corporate bullshit...

It's a warm up show. if you want to see GNR, you got plenty of dates. LOGIC.

Edited by Russel Nash

Im so fuckin tired of the haters on here. You do not like the band and you never will again. Fuck off already. Yea yea we know what you think... Axl looks and sounds like shit. Hes fat, Mickey Mouse voice, team Brazil, CD sucks, DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot.... we get it. You dont like GnR. Go away now. And die.

Why is GNR doing this show? Tommy Hilfiger is not exactly best buds with Axl, so the "favour" reason wouldn't make sense. It sure as shit isn't for the fans.

Axl is only in it for the money these days. I don't necessarily have a problem with that. I think he has just reached the stage where new music is too much effort.

He's just going to tour, make money and retire. I guess we can't ask for much more these days.

i love how fans are just catching onto the incredibly obvious. he sorta halfassed released one album in 20 years. meanwhile, he's done tons of tours and endorsed baseball cards and played weddings and sold scented candles. how much more obvious does he have to make it for the few pathetic fans left behind, still believing in the day axl will release stuff and sing in tune again? that ship has sailed. sorry you bought a bunch of silly hype 15 years ago. sorry you still haven't let go of it, in spite of years and years of evidence. but it's time to stop burdening axl with your unrealistic fanboy dreams about him taking over the world again or releasing music. he's just going to get fatter and pick-up paychecks wherever he can. oh, and sue people.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

right, you talk about the sound, but the pinnacle of rock for you enters trough your eyes. Nice one thinky winky.

It's an expression. Pick up a book. You'll understand the language better.

Go to a GNR concert instead of One Direction, you will understand the meaning of rock better.

I've been to a number of them. You're not so accurate with your assumptions, are you? 06 was good. The Philly show I attended in 02 that Axl didn't show for was more rock than the 2012 show I saw.

Edited by magisme

Wait so GNR is playing a set for Tommy Hi? God I lose more respect for this band everyday. I don't even wanna hear how Axl sounds, unless that's his revenge plan... Give Tommy a Shitty Show.

yeah, show me how playing the superbowl is selling out and this isn't. axl is pathetic and gnr is a joke.

Then leave. Simple as that.

They won't leave. It gives their lives meaning to repeat the same things over and over about how they disapprove of Axl and GnR.

while i could see that this portion of axl's career could be frustrating for those who actually still believe in his abilities, this era is delightfully funny to those old fans who saw axl as a dick who fucked himself and his band over. this stage of axl's career provides equal entertainment, but just not of the musical variety. it's like watching the last act of a tragedy. sure, it's sad, but that's kinda the point.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

I'm at my whits end with Axl not being in good shape vocally and physically. One more tour of that Axl and no new songs and I think I'm done. Enough is enough.

and only 4 years away from CD...

right, you talk about the sound, but the pinnacle of rock for you enters trough your eyes. Nice one thinky winky.

Go to a GNR concert instead of One Direction, you will understand the meaning of rock better.

I've been to a number of them. You're not so accurate with your assumptions, are you? 06 was good. The Philly show I attended in 02 that Axl didn't show for was more rock than the 2012 show I saw.

so a no show is more rock than 2012? Do you attended to a 2012 show? or just utube clips perhaps?.

I'm at my whits end with Axl not being in good shape vocally and physically. One more tour of that Axl and no new songs and I think I'm done. Enough is enough.

and only 4 years away from CD...

so a no show is more rock than 2012? Do you attended to a 2012 show? or just utube clips perhaps?.

Fine. Think what you want. I have no interest in trying to prove myself to you.

while i could see that this portion of axl's career could be frustrating for those who actually still believe in his abilities, this era is delightfully funny to those old fans who saw axl as a dick who fucked himself and his band over. this stage of axl's career provides equal entertainment, but just not of the musical variety. it's like watching the last act of a tragedy. sure, it's sad, but that's kinda the point.

So you are saying that practically you are here for the drama? I think most men avoid this stuff and just try to have a good time.

Edited by GNRFan53

i love how fans are just catching onto the incredibly obvious. he sorta halfassed released one album in 20 years. meanwhile, he's done tons of tours and endorsed baseball cards and played weddings and sold scented candles. how much more obvious does he have to make it for the few pathetic fans left behind, still believing in the day axl will release stuff and sing in tune again? that ship has sailed. sorry you bought a bunch of silly hype 15 years ago. sorry you still haven't let go of it, in spite of years and years of evidence. but it's time to stop burdening axl with your unrealistic fanboy dreams about him taking over the world again or releasing music. he's just going to get fatter and pick-up paychecks wherever he can. oh, and sue people.

I agree 100%. Not sure why discussing the obvious is such a dirty topic around here. Its not like AC/DC fans are crying out for new music, they just want them to tour.

Guns for hire. This band are so lame. They just whore themselves out.

and Slash doesn't?

i think it's just amusing because for decades, we've heard so much from axl's fanboys about about axl's integrity and how slash is a sellout whore looking to pick up some quick money. it's just funny, that's all.

truth is, axl's no different than any other musician. it's just that for years, we've had to endure the godlike mythologizing about chinese democracy and nugnr. if you wanna talk bitter ex fans, look at the nugnr fans who were foolish enough to buy axl's hype.