Would you have liked to see 'think about you' replaced with YCBM?

chinaman33

I think it was needed, along with SCOM, to balance out some of the more misogynistic lyrics of the album. Appeal to the roses as well as the guns. Not that songs like AG etc... bother me, everything on AFD is good but I could see this being the thinking behind it's inclusion instead of YCBM.

I love you could be mine, but I would love if Axl added Think about you. I love that song, but it might sound a little dated now. Maybe Axl doesn't really feel that song anymore.

It's a song about someone loving another person so much that it consumes him and I don't think Axl feels that way about anyone anymore, but great song. We also love to hear You're crazy too. And One in a million and Get in the Ring with either a new rant or no rant at all.

Anything Goes, yes

Think About You is a great song.

how about putting up YCBM & Back Off Bitch on AFD (with AG and TAY)?

Btw i really doubt YCBM was ready to put out at that time. No demo recordings, no evidences, even Marc Canter didn't hear it ...

just a few sentences...

Edited by Crash Diet

• 1 month later...

I would have replaced Anything Goes or You're Crazy (the Lies version of the latter is better anyways so they could have limited it to just that). At the same time, the Illusion albums needed a song like You Could Be Mine, so in retrospect it's probably a good thing they saved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatvwere the songs they held over from AFD?

You Could be Mine

Bad Obsession

Back off Bitch

Heavens Door

Dont Cry

Nov Rain

That could be the first side of AFD 2.

I think patience was as well, wasn't it?

On topic, no. AFD was great and without songs like YCBM on the illusion records, it would have been far too sappy/overproduced.

AFD would have been a perfect album if You're Crazy and Anything Goes were replaced with YCBM and Don't Cry, but I have no idea if Adler's drumming would have been as awesome as Sorum's on YCBM. Overall I much prefer Adler's drumming on AFD to Sorum's on UYIs, but his intro for YCBM is just killer.

No, TAY is a masterpiece. AFD is perfect but the only thing I might be tempted to change is, a switch of AG for YCBM.

YCBM was not recorded for AFD. The band essentially wrote it during sound rehearsals for Appetite; I believe the philosophy was, rather than play the Appetite songs which they knew off-by-heart, to write something new. The reason it didn't make AFD was that, it was incomplete.

I love you could be mine, but I would love if Axl added Think about you. I love that song, but it might sound a little dated now. Maybe Axl doesn't really feel that song anymore.

It's a song about someone loving another person so much that it consumes him and I don't think Axl feels that way about anyone anymore, but great song. We also love to hear You're crazy too. And One in a million and Get in the Ring with either a new rant or no rant at all.

really? I always thought it was in reference to a drug, possibly heroin or cocaine, not a person?

• 2 weeks later...