Led Zeppeling reunion in 2014? It's possible!

st0n3r

ROBERT PLANT HINTS AT 2014 LED ZEPPELIN REUNION

Rocks immortal Golden God, Robert Plant recently sat down for a revealing interview with the Australian edition of 60 Minutes, which saw him hint at the possibility of a Led Zeppelin reunion next year.The video of the segment, which aired this past Friday (Feb. 15), is embedded below.

Over the course of the in-depth conversation, Plant candidly recalled his youthful dreams of stardom, Led Zeppelin's juggernaut of a career, and his subsequent, eclectic and oftentimes unpredictable solo career.

This, most recently, has seen Plant promoting his newest musical project, the Sensational Space Shifters, featuring Cast guitarist Liam 'Skin' Tyson and Patty Griffin, among others, and which he has described as a spontaneous group inspired by the roots music of Mississippi, Appalachia, Gambia, Bristol and the foothills of Wolverhampton and drawing on influences collected in a lifetime of meander and journeying.

Plant concluded the interview by addressing the eternal question of a full-scale Led Zeppelin reunion, and coyly affirming that he's got nothing scheduled for 2014.

That's right, after discussing Zeppelin's 2007 one-off performance to honor Atlantic Records executive, Ahmet Ertegun recently released as the Celebration Day DVD - Plant playfully jabs at his two, Capricorn-signed bandmates, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, while dismissing his perceived role as the dissenting voice towards an eventual reunion.

Edited by st0n3r

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

I don't reckon they should. I ain't their biggest fan, i ain't much of a fan at all but on some level i do respect what they did musically, i don't rate em like...on some huge totemic Beatles level but i think thats just a personal taste thing, on paper there's a lot to em and i definitely respect that individuals as musicians and...i don't reckon they should, not properly, not make music, not without Bonzo, he's just one of those inimitable Keith Moon type people (not quite as amazing and superheroish as Moonie was but a titan nonetheless) that...did something for that band and fit the mould of what they did, as far as my relatively limited knowledge of them tells me, that would be very hard to find even like...a satisfactory replacement for, much less someone who could equal or out-do what he did. So why fuck up a good thing? Perhaps i'm a little too puritianical and we're certainly living in the age of the reunion and there certainly are some very sterling drummers out there but fuck me that boy could bang a tub...and i ain't even that much of a fan and i'm saying that so God knows what Zep hardcores must think about it.

I don't reckon they should. I ain't their biggest fan, i ain't much of a fan at all but on some level i do respect what they did musically, i don't rate em like...on some huge totemic Beatles level but i think thats just a personal taste thing, on paper there's a lot to em and i definitely respect that individuals as musicians and...i don't reckon they should, not properly, not make music, not without Bonzo, he's just one of those inimitable Keith Moon type people (not quite as amazing and superheroish as Moonie was but a titan nonetheless) that...did something for that band and fit the mould of what they did, as far as my relatively limited knowledge of them tells me, that would be very hard to find even like...a satisfactory replacement for, much less someone who could equal or out-do what he did. So why fuck up a good thing? Perhaps i'm a little too puritianical and we're certainly living in the age of the reunion and there certainly are some very sterling drummers out there but fuck me that boy could bang a tub...and i ain't even that much of a fan and i'm saying that so God knows what Zep hardcores must think about it.

There is no Led Zeppelin without Bonham. That band died when he died.

plant cant sing

Have you heard Celebration Day? Plant sounds fantastic there, he is definitely more than capable of doing Zep justice still

I'd see it. I thoroughly enjoyed Celebration Day. Plant really impressed me on that - tuning down was a smart move

Absolutely, Plant sounds better there than the majority of Zeppelin shows post-1975