GNR security guard on " Free Beer and hot wings"

AndreCC

"Said Axl was 2 hours late one night so he could finish watching a Sunday Night Football game. Said he was a big gambler. Said all the crew was so pissed. He had to be at another job at 5:30 am... Thought it was interesting. " by Smoking Guns at GNR Evolution, Thanks!

Is this true at all? Can anyone confirm this was told on that show?

Also:

otto wrote:

In 2010 for the Porto Alegre show, that was scheduled to 9:30 PM and started only by 1:00 AM of the next day, by 10:00PM he was still in Sao Paulo having dinner with Ellen Jabour.

He left Sao Paulo around 11:30 PM and basically arrived in Porto Alegre at the stage. One of the opening acts basically left because of that, the other played only three songs, Baz played his normal set.

Everybody blamed Rio storm and bureaucracy for forensics, but later on the dinner news came out from Ellen herself.

This was also said at GNREvolution. Was wondering if that was true as well?

I hope i'm not going against the rules by mentioning the forum or people who wrote it, but i just wanted to make clear that i wasn't the one who wrote this, i just wanted to know if someone can tell me if this is true or not?!

I believe it's a legitimate question.
Edited by AndreCC

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Said Axl was 2 hours late one night so he could finish watching a Sunday Night Football game. Said he was a big gambler. Said all the crew was so pissed. He had to be at another job at 5:30 am... Thought it was interesting. " by Smoking Guns at GNR Evolution, Thanks!

Is this true at all? Can anyone confirm this was told on that show?

Also:

otto wrote:

In 2010 for the Porto Alegre show, that was scheduled to 9:30 PM and started only by 1:00 AM of the next day, by 10:00PM he was still in Sao Paulo having dinner with Ellen Jabour.

He left Sao Paulo around 11:30 PM and basically arrived in Porto Alegre at the stage. One of the opening acts basically left because of that, the other played only three songs, Baz played his normal set.

Everybody blamed Rio storm and bureaucracy for forensics, but later on the dinner news came out from Ellen herself.

This was also said at GNREvolution. Was wondering if that was true as well?

I hope i'm not going against the rules by mentioning the forum or people who wrote it, but i just wanted to make clear that i wasn't the one who wrote this, i just wanted to know if someone can tell me if this is true or not?!

I believe it's a legitimate question.

Nice, so basically your job now is to imitate BBA ?

We are all tired of you and your bullshit. You are a compulsive liar and need help asap.

Dude do you know how to read?

I got that topic from GNREvolution. From a couple of users that write there and i just wanna know if it's true or not....if anyone can confirm or deny it. I'm not sure if it is a lie or not, but i would like to know.

As a guy who waited for Axl about 2 hours in 2010, and another couple of hours on previous shows, i think it's a legitimate question...

I'm not trying to imitate no one. As a matter of fact i don't like BBA either...

MODS close this if you think it's offensive in any way... i don't mean to be offensive at all with this topic, i'm just curious about it, but if you feel that way, go ahead and close it, i don't mind.

Edited by AndreCC

Care to look at your last posts/comments on this forum since the leaks thing?

What is wrong with my posts/comments? I say what i think, and i give my opinions like any other users in the forums. That's what forums are for...

You might have a very different opinion then me, but that's all good. You might also like some of my posts and that's fine by me as well.

Am i the only one here who is curious of what's going on backstage for Axl to be late or take such long time to come to the stage? I'm sure if those situations were truth, were probably 1 in a million. I'm sure most of the time he's preparing for his shows. I'm sure it takes a lot of practice to go there for 2 to 3 hours and put on a show like Axl does. And i do give him a lot of credit for that! At his age, there's a lot of musicians who wish to be in his shoes.

But i'm just curious about those two things. I wasn't aware of it. Only read it now on another forum, and was curious of what really happened, if anyone here knows... I'm not even saying that happened. I'm just asking....

Edited by AndreCC

What is wrong with my posts/comments? I say what i think, and i give my opinions like any other users in the forums. That's what forums are for...

You might have a very different opinion then me, but that's all good. You might also like some of my posts and that's fine by me as well.

When things calm down, perhaps i will tell you what's wrong with your posts.

When things calm down, perhaps i will tell you what's wrong with your posts.

LOL ok

I'm keeping an eye on this thread, interesting to know if it's true (which I really hope, not).

How can we confirm this to be true? "You know, some security told me that Dizzy Reed likes to walk on broken glass before the show." Must be true, since i had this friendofafriend blabla. He also said that the new record is coming out yesterday.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread, interesting to know if it's true (which I really hope, not).

How can we confirm this to be true? "You know, some security told me that Dizzy Reed likes to walk on broken glass before the show." Must be true, since i had this friendofafriend blabla. He also said that the new record is coming out yesterday.

Didn't this happen on a tv show. Is it not on twitter? I'm sure if this was true someone posted about it when it happened. I just don't have the time to be checking all the threads from years ago. I just wanted to know if it was true or not... simple question

At the Dublin show where he was bottled off stage for being late he supposedly left the Four Seasons hotel 10 minutes before hitting the stage. That is what security at the o2 claimed on a message board. Can't verify if true but there are enough similar stories over the years to suggest there is some element of truth to it.

There have been too many of these type of stories over the years for there not to be some basis of truth but equally some stuff will be made up or exaggerated.

However Axl has fallen prey to 'Michael Jackson Syndrome' in that because he is known for being a bit out there it makes it easy for anyone to say anything and it be vaguely believable.

There have been too many of these type of stories over the years for there not to be some basis of truth but equally some stuff will be made up or exaggerated.

However Axl has fallen prey to 'Michael Jackson Syndrome' in that because he is known for being a bit out there it makes it easy for anyone to say anything and it be vaguely believable.

I feel some of this stories are true, while some of them are also fake and are done to target Axl, which is not acceptable at all.

I can say that in Lisbon 2010, he came on at 11pm, while Baz ended his show at 9pm. So there was definitely a gap of 2 hours. I was there and i can confirm that, however i fully believe that Axl uses that time to rest and practice. (He sounded awesome that night btw)

Maybe he did that stuff to get his mind off doing the show. We don't know if he has anxiety issues before going on. Usually singers don't eat hours before the show because it affects their voice.

It sucks for the audience when it happens.

It's unconfirmed stuff, but considering his history, it's believable.

Why would a "GNR security guard" have to be at another job? He sounds like venue security.

Usually rumors have a little bit of truth to it.

Why would a "GNR security guard" have to be at another job? He sounds like venue security.

HAHA. Very unlikely. You seriously fail at life if you're one of Axl's regular security team and book any sort of outside obligation at 5:30 AM the day after a show..,

Meanwhile I'd rather have dinner with Ellen Jabour than hang out back stage with Jarmo and Del (God bless them both) too...

Lesson Learned... See Axl during football season because he only winds up being late... during basketball season he's likely to cancel... Philly 2002.

We don't know if any of these stories are true... but come on.. how could they not be. At least respect the people that are making you money.

I will say this: I have no idea if this story is true or not. I always thought they were late hitting the stage for this show due to the storm and the stage having to be rebuilt and gathering new gear.

Anyway at the Orlando arena show GnR hit the stage at 11:30... they sent out emails prior to the show advising of a later than expected start. Axl was in the air flying to Orlando. I was getting a beer and the bartender heard over the radio the show would start in 30 min Axl had landed and was on his way. Low-and-behold the show started 30 min later. My point is who knows what the truth was/ is fact is Axl likes to come on late, I would like to believe he's not leaving 40K people in SA waiting while he has dinner in another city but who the hell knows. Why fly in the day of the show in Orlando when the rest of the band had been there for a week? Probably because he's Axl Rose and thats the way he rolls

It's truth.

Rock in Rio III (2001): Axl was super late (close to 3 hours) because instead of going to the City of Rock at the afternoon as planned, he wanted to stay at the hotel to watch the Oasis concert on TV instead of seeing it from backstage. As soon as Oasis finished, they sent a hellicopter to pick up Axl at his hotel. When the hellicopter got close to the City of Rock area, word is that Axl asked the pilot to stand still on the air for some minutes, because he kept staring at the audience, he was amazed by the size of the crowd, he couldn't believe that so many people (~250,000) came to see him after 8 years.

Belo Horizonte, Brazil (2010): Concert started at 10PM. Word is that after 10PM he left his hotel... on Brasília.

Rock in Rio IV (2011): Axl lost his flight to Brazil. They had to charter a private jet for him to come. Word is that concert was almost cancelled.

São Paulo secret club show, Brazil (2010): The Guns N' Roses crew went to the Disco Club at afternoon to set the stage. At night, the band was there, and the Disco Club was full of musicians, actor and other celebrities. Press and media were all there. Axl never showed up, what caused a riot there, and the owners of the Club (two MTV Brazil VJs) said that Axl had to go to the hospital because he had a coke overdose. Next day, on the Palmeiras Stadium, Axl was hit by a bottle during Chinese Democracy thus he stopped the show. During his rant, he said, if I'm not mistaken "I don't need pussies like we had the other night at that club" and during Knocking On Heaven's Door he said he a had a step throat, and wouldn't be able to perform both concerts - secret private at the club and the one at the stadium - thus he picked the stadium.

Edited by ManetsBR