Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think alot of people will buy tickets to see this. Hope im wrong

The German theater showings had 2-3 people per showing, according to someone who posted here a while back.

And that's in a country where GNR will never perform again.

Three things:

1. The cinema thing got cancelled in Germany.

2. They played in Mönchengladbach in 2012 in front of 18:000 people wich is the biggest audience in the history of the Hockeypark.

3. Even if they had trouble with Marek Lieberberg (Germany´s biggest concert- company) in 2006 they've played Rock am Ring and it went great. Lieberberg also said in an interview he would book Guns again. At the concert in Gladbach Axl told the audience that It has been a drag booking shows in Germany. But as you can see it is possible. Guns are still huge in Germany. Not as huge as in Southamerica but more huge than in the UK and US.

Edited by Solari

I doubt this is legit. The cinemas mentioned are all in very small cities in Sweden and when I google it in Swedish I find NOTHING about it.

http://www.folketshus-lidkoping.se/

Yeah, I know that, thanks. BUT...why would they only show this in a small country like Sweden and only in very small cities in Sweden? Except for this link I found nothing about it - no news stories or anything like that. I just thought that was very weird.

Why wouldn't they show it in Gothenburg, Stockholm or Malmö then?

The German theater showings had 2-3 people per showing, according to someone who posted here a while back.

Three things:

2. They played in Mönchengladbach in 2012 in front of 18:000 people wich is the biggest audience in the history of the Hockeypark.

3. Even if they had trouble with Marek Lieberberg (Germany´s biggest concert- company) in 2006 they've played Rock am Ring and it went great. Lieberberg also said in an interview he would book Guns again. At the concert in Gladbach Axl told the audience that It has been a drag booking shows in Germany. But as you can see it is possible. Guns are still huge in Germany. Not as huge as in Southamerica but more huge than in the UK and US.

Totally agree with you...I'm sure GNR can play 20000+ shows in every bigger city in Germany,and we can except 5-6 dates on next Eurotour

Three things:

Yes, but you forgot to point out, that it was only one concert and the tickets were sold very slowly. GNR isn´t far from "huge" in Germany! Tickets were sold via ebay for 20 EUR...

So why was the DVD idea abandoned/delayed for a cinematic release? Just how much editing did they do to it? :suspicious:

Probably because a DVD release involves the record company.

I think Live at the O2 was always meant to be intended to be shown on TV, but filming the Vegas residency in 3D changed their mind on releasing that show on video. We don't know if this will or won't be out on DVD. It helps that channels like Palladia run concerts all the time, and a VH1 premiere will get some mainstream attention, even though it's a Sat. night (hopefully but doubt it's uncensored).