Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

I'm Tivo'ing this show on Palladia right now. After I transfer to my computer, edit out commericials and re-encode to h264/mkv I'd be willing to create a torrent and seed if anyone would be interested.

I'm interested. But still be for HD or full HD

It wasnt broadcasted in full HD. Full HD is only available on BluRay. It will be 720p with original (5.1) audio.

But it still looked dam good!

Yeah my review of the show and taping and mix are as follows. We knew the show already, a great Don't Cry, and it was well shot regarding cinematography. A great show for 2012, missing great moments from the original x hrs, but a good selection all in all.

The mix was nuts, like Isolated Axl, missing guitars, and this seems to happen more than not in these tv mixes. It may have been a lot at the board then, but you also see flat out omitting of vocals and hear redo's done later or protooled. That creates that real tinny sound that makes it sound weird later, it would be interesting to compare the vocals to the actual taping to hear what was redone. I'm all for fixing a bad spot here and there for release, sure, but it felt like he did a whole lot later. Or, he was really pitch perfect that night and I'm forgetting that, and the mix was just weird. In Chinese, the start, this is really evident. Seemed to improve later, maybe.

All in all great to see! Do more of these Axl, release loads, do a 'best of 18 years unreleased' as another disc/download along side a new new release, so 'if they like one they can buy the other", so to speak, it'll be very 'illusion-esque'.

Peace

So did Axl redo the vocals?

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show was "touched up" ALOT, that's why it shows quick clips and then moves somewhere else. If your so shitty that you have to re-record vocal and music parts and use "clever" camera work to hide it then you shouldn't be releasing the fucking thing. You don't see Axl sing more then a word at a time and even then its noticeable that the sync is off....

If these are recent vocals then I definitely want to hear.. Is the touched up version available as a torrent too?

Yea Val, I agree, great seeing Izzy.

Also, back to HD thing, I', pretty I saw it in HD as I have the HD comcast box w/the special hd cables. It also said HD in listing and filled whole widescreen, as HD broadcasts do, without need to zoom in. HD channel as well, Palladia is, as in one I didn't have before new box and my older tv here with old digital box still doesn't get.

I don't think anyone is debating that it was broadcast in HD; clearly it was. The debate was what the resolution was. I believe Palladia broadcasts in 720p, but I could be wrong and it could be 1080i. Either way, they don't broadcast in 1080p (Nor does any channel in the US, for that matter), so it's not considered Full HD.

The resolution was 1080i.

Edited by jz1276