Guns N' Roses Live at the O2 in London Discussion Thread

Alpachiris

So why was the DVD idea abandoned/delayed for a cinematic release? Just how much editing did they do to it? :suspicious:

Probably because a DVD release involves the record company.

So a theatrical release doesn't?

Maybe maybe not, but if so probably a lot easier to get the label to sign off on a low risk theatrical release that shouldnt cost them a bunch of money they will never get back.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why was the DVD idea abandoned/delayed for a cinematic release? Just how much editing did they do to it? :suspicious:

Maybe maybe not, but if so probably a lot easier to get the label to sign off on a low risk theatrical release that shouldnt cost them a bunch of money they will never get back.

OK, so if the record label is the big holdup for CD II as claimed; is it safe to say that they don't expect much profit from the record? Why would they sign off on a theatrical release that would bring them less profit than CD II? Cinemas aren't hosting for free and people don't prefer to watch a concert in a theater. Either live or at home. Otherwise, don't bother.

OK, so if the record label is the big holdup for CD II as claimed; is it safe to say that they don't expect much profit from the record? Why would they sign off on a theatrical release that would bring them less profit than CD II? Cinemas aren't hosting for free and people don't prefer to watch a concert in a theater. Either live or at home. Otherwise, don't bother.

I dont think there is a hold up for a new album. There is no completed new album to release. I dont think Axl wants to release a cd of unreleased material with former members playing on it just to make a small amount of people happy and a larger amount of people criticize it.

Im sure it would take a miracle for the label to be willing to invest a cent into GnR doing anything. I'm sure they would put a cd out if Axl hands it to them but that's about it. As far as the theatrical release is concerned, their involvement if any is probably just saying sure go ahead. The money spent to put it in theatres was definitely not from them. If anything it's probably the production company that filmed it alone, partnered up with GnR or a third party that thinks they can make a quick profit which is most likely since it's such a limited release as far as location.

Edited by tr420

The set has been edited. Goes from estranged to motivation to 14 years. This i love, live and let die should be before better. But who knows they are somewhere else.

What i find weird is that some songs are very crazy like sorry where the band starts to early and better where axl is to fast on the words on the end. And Izzy forgetting lines to 14 years. It bring some saneness to it why this hasnr been released yer and this may have been an illigal release.

Edited by gnrjanus

40:29 I FOUND ME!

Middle-Eastern-looking guy with the facial hair under Axl's left arm ;)

EDIT: 40:50, too, while Fortus is playing guitar (bottom left)

cool!

I dont think this is the cinema/final release, there are parts bad edited like the ending of rocket queen.

At least, live and let die, this I love and 14 years have been cut out, it goes from estranged to motivation so those 3 are out so far.

nooooo why

cool!

I dont think this is the cinema/final release, there are parts bad edited like the ending of rocket queen.

At least, live and let die, this I love and 14 years have been cut out, it goes from estranged to motivation so those 3 are out so far.

nooooo why

The set has been edited. Goes from estranged to motivation to 14 years. This i love, live and let die should be before better. But who knows they are somewhere else.

What i find weird is that some songs are very crazy like sorry where the band starts to early and better where axl is to fast on the words on the end. And Izzy forgetting lines to 14 years. It bring some saneness to it why this hasnr been released yer and this may have been an illigal release.

cool!

nooooo why

yes, noted that too on sorry, im on estranged now lol, check out between rocket queen and Estranged, theres bad editing

Edited by ignaliza